Ertiga ZDI or Ciaz VDI+?

• Ertiga

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Ciaz

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1
I had already booked Ciaz VDI+. I think it is going to take 4 more weeks for the delivery. Meanwhile , when I casually checked Ertiga I got shocked, it is a terrific VFM and hence the dilemma. Should I cancel my Ciaz and go for Ertiga ?

My Requirements
Spacious cabin. Should accommodate five people minimum.
Soft suspension.
Good NHV.
Diesel mil . I drive around 2000 per month.

Here is the Comparison..
+ves of Ertiga:
7 seater(yes, actually 5+2 seater)
Cheap by around 50k by variant to variant.
More VFM compared to Ciaz(we have to remember that Ciaz itself is an VFM product)
Ground clearance(185 compared to Ciaz's 170)
Second row reclining feature.
Fulltime AC for second row. Not just a blower as in Ciaz.
-ves of Ertiga:
slightly underpowered compared to Ciaz.
I notice that Ertiga cabin is not as silent as the Ciaz
bland interiors. Ciaz dashboad is superior any day .
no climate control(not even in top variant).

Will you be able to share your thoughts ? Please.

Re: Ertiga or Ciaz ?

Both the car serves different purpose and has different style. Ertiga can be people mover with MPV styling whereas Ciaz is more towards and elegant style.

The best part of Ertiga over Ciaz is it can be used as optional 7 seater, if no one is accommodating last row then it can be folded to use the 2nd row reclining feature.

Since the engine is similar on both car with different tuning, so it wont make a difference in performance. The other advantage is the GC of Ertiga. So if you are looking for all practical purpose then yes Ertiga is better than Ciaz.

If you have travel with more people or luggage, then it is good to have ertiga.
If the looks and style matters Ciaz is the choice.

Ertiga score more in over all package but ciaz have very good engine & gear box tuning so feel very good when drive. over all if have to use as 5 seater then i will suggest ciaz.

I had already booked Ciaz VDI+. I think it is going to take 4 more weeks for the delivery. Meanwhile , when I casually checked Ertiga I got shocked, it is a terrific VFM and hence the dilemma. Should I cancel my Ciaz and go for Ertiga ?

My Requirements
Spacious cabin. Should accommodate five people minimum.
Both can accommodate 5 people easily
Soft suspension.
Ciaz; it is really good.
Ciaz. I find it much better than Ertiga
Diesel mil . I drive around 2000 per month.
Both come with Diesel. But I feel Ciaz's pickup is beter. Both have turbo lag

My choice is Ciaz

Ertiga is a more flexible, yet compact car than the Ciaz and it now gets almost all the equipment and safety features as the Ciaz. Both cars have the same engines, but Ertiga is a bit more entertaining than the Ciaz due to it's handling. I felt that the Ciaz is actually quite boring to drive than the Ertiga. Probably because of it's lifeless steering and soft and wallowy suspension.
But when it comes to ride quality and cabin quality, the Ciaz is better and it is the better looking car too. Ertiga's suspension can get a bit bouncy and unsettled when you don't have full capacity of passengers.
To me, it's a tie between both cars. I prefer flexibility and driving pleasure more, so my pick is the Ertiga.

Ertiga for the 2nd row reclining feature, 2nd and 3rd row AC, compact package, storage spaces, taller seats and above all its flexibility in seating 5 to 7 people .

Not sure about Ciaz as I haven't used one.

Will you be able to share your thoughts ? Please.

Thread Starter #9
Thanks buddies . Surprisingly Ertiga gets more votes ! Now I am in a classic Heart vs Head dilemma. My heart beats for Ciaz , head says Ertiga!

Thread Starter #10
Let me summarize the +ves of Ciaz..
-better interiors
-Center armrest
-better space utilization.Lots cubby holes and places for knick-knacks. In ertiga space near the parking brake lever is not well utilized.
-Looks
-second row headrest
-better NVH levels
-better suspension
-better Mileage
-Climate control
-slightly peppier than ertiga

Thanks buddies . Surprisingly Ertiga gets more votes ! Now I am in a classic Heart vs Head dilemma. My heart beats for Ciaz , head says Ertiga!
Chochi have you take test drive of Ertiga Diesel ? if not then take test drive of both ertiga & ciaz one after other & then decide. i am using Ertiga from two years & its a very good car, slightly higher seating position give good view of road & higher ground clearance is also helpful in rough roads. i have three cars Ertiga, Dzire & nano & i will say Ertiga is more easy to drive then dzire & also more comfortable.

Both Ertiga & Ciaz are good, take TD & check which one is for you [:D]

Basically, YOU need to answer two questions.

You want a people mover from Maruti ? YES ?? Get the Ertiga.

You want a Maruti Sedan better than Dzire ? YES ?? Get the Ciaz.

That's the Bottom line. No need to get bogged down by mish mashing features and functionality of two VERY different vehicles. A "simple and straight-to-the-point" approach always helps to decide the "Heart Vs Mind" debates.

PS : Easy for me to say that [;)] Good Luck

Both are from different segments. So its up to you on deciding one. Both has the same engine and same power. However the ertiga weighs more than the ciaz. Hence you may be feel the pick up of ertiga not up to ciaz. Also ground clearance of ertiga is better than ciaz. You need to be careful with a low slung sedan on speed breakers. [;)]

Ciaz is a low slung sedan. So ingress and egress for elders will be difficult while it will be easy in ertiga. Decide which suits your needs.

PS... As you are looking in Maruthi, you have 4 options in your hand now. I would rank my preference with those 4.

1. S-cross 1.3 (Best among the 4 in all aspects)
2. Ciaz
3. Vitara breeza
4. Ertiga

Breeza will not come into picture at all, awkward flat bench back seat, boring interiors, Ciaz better than dzire how?[confused]

-suryaputhra

Last edited:
Breeza will not come into picture at all, awkward flat bench back seat, boring interiors, Ciaz better than dzire how?[confused]

-suryaputhra
Surely you dont mean to say that the 75BHP MJD Dzire with a 300 litre boot and cramped interiors is better than spacious Ciaz with 90BHP MJD and 500 litres boot space ?

But I have to say neither is VFM as compared to an Ertiga. My only Safety concern with Ertiga 3rd row is that it is TOO Close to the rear windshield in case it is occupied, and is hit by rear impact.

Top Bottom