Buying Used Car Under Rs.1 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys I have got some money collected that is rs 100000 and I need a car as a project car
Have found the following uaed cars in Goa.

Found many Maruti zens
Opel corsa
Ford ikon 1.6
Mitsubishi lancers but terrible conditions
Fiat uno
Fiat palio 1.2 petrol some of rs 10000
Fiat palio stile multijet which has done 76000 km on odo caught my attention is it worth to buy multijet palio?

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Buying used car under 1 lakh

Fiat Multijet is a good buy at that price.I think the car must be of 2007 or 2008.Check with a mechanic for any possible accidents.

palio stile is a worth car to spend as a project car, if not try and find a baleno or esteem tune it nicely and it will be a hoot to drive.

whats your basic requirement

1. to commute
2. or to get that adrenaline gush once in a while.

if its commute then straightaway go for palio stile its a wonderful car.

only if you like to take it on track or dirt track go for esteems of Baleno or mitsu lancer else stay away.

Thread Starter #6
Basically I need a proper car which can be equally sporty and can be daily driven and can be taken for long rides

The car is not been in any accident . car is owned by advocate . the car is showing heating light on and also engine light on., asked the mechanic but he said its sensor problem ? It it worth the buy
Some of my friends say buy palios which are for 20000 but I feel they will need more work what say?

palio stile is a worth car to spend as a project car, if not try and find a baleno or esteem tune it nicely and it will be a hoot to drive.

whats your basic requirement

1. to commute
2. or to get that adrenaline gush once in a while.

if its commute then straightaway go for palio stile its a wonderful car.

only if you like to take it on track or dirt track go for esteems of Baleno or mitsu lancer else stay away.
Actually I need car which can be daily driven an same time it should be sporty . had plans to buy zen and swap its engine of 1.3 esteem . but zen is tiny car lacks space and has Tyre scrapping issue .
Also considering palio gtx 1.6 /1.6 sports but I am worried about fuel efficiency of petrol .

Attachments

in such a case go for a baleno or esteem, spare parts are an issue for fiat as well as these maruti cars i suggested, however for maruti parts , if you know how to find parts you still get them but cant say the same for FIAT.

baleno can be taken on long rides, can be used on tracks can be used as a family car as well. the boot has good luggage space, even esteem for that matter is a wonderful machine for day to day commute, tracks as well as long rides.

best part is its maruti spares are abundantly available even in the used spare parts market.

at the end buddy decision is your's, you are your best judge so think calmly dont force urself on anything test drive all of the cars you short listed and then decide.

Palio stile is an awesome vehicle no doubt about it, so take time dont rush. even used lancers are plenty in Goa.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8

in such a case go for a baleno or esteem, spare parts are an issue for fiat as well as these maruti cars i suggested, however for maruti parts , if you know how to find parts you still get them but cant say the same for FIAT.

baleno can be taken on long rides, can be used on tracks can be used as a family car as well. the boot has good luggage space, even esteem for that matter is a wonderful machine for day to day commute, tracks as well as long rides.

best part is its maruti spares are abundantly available even in the used spare parts market.

at the end buddy decision is your's, you are your best judge so think calmly dont force urself on anything test drive all of the cars you short listed and then decide.

Palio stile is an awesome vehicle no doubt about it, so take time dont rush. even used lancers are plenty in Goa.
Balenos arent cheap in goa and most which r cheap are taxi driven. Esteem are in bad body conditions also I don't like its design

As per fiat parts we get them online at 99rpm but still I worried about fiat palio to take long distances . I had Honda city type z in my mind but I am 6 ft tall steering wheel touches my legs .

I'll be keeping the car so is multijet worth ? Or should it look at petrol cars ?

Do not get too much worried about Palio parts. 99rpm.com will help you procure all the worn out parts. 20000 Rs cars are of older generation Palio.This is Palio style,a much better version. I would suggest you to go ahead for this.In BLR,this car retails for 2.4 lakhs.

Thread Starter #10
Do not get too much worried about Palio parts. 99rpm.com will help you procure all the worn out parts. 20000 Rs cars are of older generation Palio.This is Palio style,a much better version. I would suggest you to go ahead for this.In BLR,this car retails for 2.4 lakhs.
if i get palio 1.6 gtx for same price will it be worth or should i collect some more money and buy a more modern car ?

I need a car as a project car
What sort of project is it?
Fiat palio 1.2 petrol some of rs 10000
Is it a Typo or you mean it actually? Scrap value of Palio should be around 15k I believe.
Fiat palio stile multijet which has done 76000 km on odo caught my attention is it worth to buy multijet palio?
Go for it if the car is in decent condition (aesthetically and mechanically) Engine spares are easily available (as it's shared with many MS & TATA vehicles) but other spares are little difficult to source and bit more costlier than MS & TATA vehicles.
Basically I need a proper car which can be equally sporty and can be daily driven and can be taken for long rides
Sporty cars can be used for daily drive as well as for long rides, if you are not concerned about the FE.
the car is showing heating light on and also engine light on., asked the mechanic but he said its sensor problem ? It it worth the buy
Take the car to Fiat A.S.S and get it clarified. Any issues related to ECU will burn your pocket. Don't blindly trust the words of mechanics
Some of my friends say buy palios which are for 20000 but I feel they will need more work what say?
Scrap value for a HB is close to 20k. So if you are buying a car for that price, imagine what are you getting actually.
Also considering palio gtx 1.6 /1.6 sports but I am worried about fuel efficiency of petrol .
You should prioritize the criteria. FE vs Fun-to-Drive
should i collect some more money and buy a more modern car ?
Newer the better, always

Thread Starter #12
Palio 1.2 yes in scrap
Going for look out of Palio Multijet today
Saw one gtx for 35000 but engine is dead gasket is blown
Need a fun car with decent milage and fun I think multijet will do the job

Top Bottom