Tata Sierra vs Tata Safari vs Mahindra Scorpio

Thread Starter #1
It's been couple of days i have joined this website and its really very helpful and informative for me

Which one is having a good resale value / low maintenance cost

Tata sierra vs Tata safari vs Scorpio

Thanks in advance for your precious time and replies

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tata sierra vs Tata safari vs Scorpio

Its been couple of days i hv joined this website and its really very helpful and informative for me

Which one is having a good resale value / low maintenance cost

Tata sierra vs Tata safari vs Scorpio

Thanks in advance for ur precious time and replies
Tata sierra , are you buying used? Is it in good condition? At what price range are you comparing the 3 SUVs?

Last edited:
Re: Tata sierra vs Tata safari vs Scorpio

I do not have experience with sierra

I got a used dicor as a upgrade for my hatch when i joined this form. it's been 16 months and close to 80,000kms. the odo stands at 133,000. No issues, highly reliable.

Fantastic ride quality and road presence, space is huge overall a comfortable car.

Scorpio is also a good vechile baring the ride quality. Space is less than safari. but the vechile is quick in city conditions due to the gear ratios.

Out on the highway, both can do triple digit speeds all day long, but safari scores over long distances due to long drives.

If you are going for scorpio, go for the Mhawk engine as spares are tough find for CRDE 2.6.

In case of safari, get the dicor 2.2(post 2007). mandatory precautions for a safari is timming belt replacement in the range of 90,000 to 100,000 kms. regular service includes a oil change, filter change costs about 3000 including labour for me when done outside, Tass charges 4400 for the same.

Resale Value:-
Scorpio
Safari
Sierra

This order is for existing market conditions. Suggest to avoid a Sierra as its discontinued and will be difficult to procure spares.

Regarding low maintainance:-
Both Safari and Scorpio will be on par, it majorly depends on the condition of the vehicle you have finally chosen.

Top Bottom