We are looking forward to add a new ride to our stable and have the below considerations in front of us. Would highly appreciate inputs!!
1. We already have a 2011 Honda City VX with only around 30K on the odo. This car will stay for a few more years to come.
2. Looking forward to a 7 seater (Full time or part time). All seven seats will be used only on a couple of occasions in the entire year.
3. Should be reliable as it will be maintained driven by my F-I-L or at times his driver.
4. Max budget is 15L. Cannot be stretched beyond that.
Following are the options I had in mind:
1. XUV 5OO:
+ Full time 5 which can be used as a 7 seater, albeit the boot space.
considerations - hit or miss
2. Hyundai Creta:
+ Newest kid on the block
+ Quite handsomely loaded
+ Hyundai's reliability
- Can seat only 5. No option of 7 seats (Though not a deal breaker)
3. Renault Lodgy:
+ 7 seats with some decent boot space
- Is it really selling?
- Might become more popular as a taxi in coming days (as a Innova replacement)
- Ground clearance on full load
I have purposely left out Duster, Safari Storme, Ertiga, Mobilio for the following reasons:
(These are strictly my personal opinion and I mean no offence to anyone on the forum)
Duster: Even with the face lift, still feels out-dated
Safari Storme: Strictly a 5-seater, misses out on some features which competition is offering, too bulky for F-I-L to manage
Ertiga: Did not find it comfortable enough on my Pune - Udaipur drive, Felt it a bit under powered with 7 on-board
Mobilio: Already have a Honda, Interiors feel drab.
We also have an Ecosport diesel top-end, so might keep it lower down the wish list.
Would highly appreciate inputs on which other cars can we look at OR which would be a better buy from the above three contenders.
Long term reliability would be a key factor for us.
MODS: If a similar topic already exists, can you please merge this thread? I could not find a specific thread so created a new one.