Swapping Old Maruti Baleno (2007). Need Suggestions

Thread Starter #1
I have an old maruti baleno 2007 petrol model , I want to change it and buy an other car , there are many reasons for selling it as there is no resale value of it , spare parts are costly and very rare to found and the other last is it is less luxurious from inside

which one shall i buy petrol / diesel with less maintenance cost and good resale value

- Optra

- Honda city

- Accent

- Mitsubishi Lancer

- Tata Manza

- Thanks in advance for responding and giving ur precious time

Re: Help me ! Wana to change car

stay away from optra, accent and lancer. My neighbour got a used accent and the spares are too costly.

the other options are city and manza. let us know your montly usage, city or highway and budget too so that the members can suggest a good car

i would say city is the best option among the cars you have mentioned but you didn't tell how many KMs you will cover in a month what is your budget etc

I have an old maruti baleno 2007 petrol model , I want to change it and buy an other car , there are many reasons for selling it as there is no resale value of it , spare parts are costly and very rare to found and the other last is it is less luxurious from inside

which one shall i buy petrol / diesel with less maintenance cost and good resale value

- Optra

- Honda city

- Accent

- Mitsubishi Lancer

- Tata Manza

Lancer was a dream car for many, but it seems to be quite expensive to maintain now.
Accent is a comfortable and good car. But, spares may be a bit hard to find and costly.
Manza is the best VFM and most comfy. Find the right service center and it will serve you for years!
Optra Magnum diesel is a rocket! But spares are quite costly.
The dolphin Honda City is quite a decent car.

I have an old maruti baleno 2007 petrol model , I want to change it and buy an other car
there is no resale value of it
- Optra
- Honda city
- Accent
- Mitsubishi Lancer

- Tata Manza
These 3 cars ruled out for the same reason

I want to change it and buy an other car
spare parts are costly and very rare to found
- Optra
- Honda city
- Accent
- Mitsubishi Lancer

- Tata Manza
These 3 cars ruled out for the same reason

I want to change it and buy an other car
it is less luxurious from inside
- Optra
- Honda city
- Accent
- Mitsubishi Lancer

- Tata Manza
Again, these 3 cars ruled out for the same reason

I own a 2005 Baleno and I must say
- It is comfortable than Accent
- It is more fun to drive than Lancer
- Spares are less costlier than Optra

Mention your usage pattern, budget, preference in priority, etc. We could be able to suggest a better alternative.

- Optra
- Honda city
- Accent
- Mitsubishi Lancer
- Tata Manza
Dear shad007
In my opinion go for Honda City

Out of five short listed vehicles-
Optra: very comfortable and fun to drive but Maintenance is a costly affair, real costly affair.

Accent: inconsistent and irritable HMIL ASC. I own a Hyundai and its my personal experience you can get your car serviced but they can not rectify your single complaint, this is my experience of 4 different ASC in 3 different states. In addition to this as Hyundai keeps on changing cars very frequently, it gets difficult to get spares (same happened with old generation Accent).

Tata Manza and Lancer: forget about resale. Manza got Public Cab Image and Lancer is real good to drive awesome vehicle but very low resale and pretty costly maintenance.

Go for Honda City [:D], fun to drive, easy to maintain, spares are always available even today for HC1, from both authorised service centre and off market, good resale compared to other vehicles you choosed.

Do look out for Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, they are offering heavy discounts plus addition 30k on buy back for old Maruti Suzuki Cars.

All the very best and keep us posted about what and how you planned further. [;)]

Regards

the budget is inclusive of baleno sale price
In this case I would suggest you against changing the car.

If your Baleno isn't giving much troubles right now, and you wish to change her only because of the stated reasons you may be missing a reliable machine. Right decision will be spend the differential amount on Baleno preventive maintenance and enjoy the driving pleasure.

Known devil is always better than unknown angel.

- Optra

- Honda city

- Accent

- Mitsubishi Lancer

- Tata Manza

Except the manza all these cars are old gen and comes in same leage. Compared to 2007 baleno , Optra and City gxi had better interior. But still all these cars spares have higher cost and some cars(City) required less changing.

My friends own 2005 optra petrol, 2004 Lancer diesel, 2003 Accent CRDi, 2007 & 2011 accent petrol and my brother own a 2007 Honda city Gxi and mine is a 2006 Esteem.
In all these cars I should tell you stay away from Accent Crdi and Optra. Both have higher maintenance. Optra petrol owner is fed up due to oil leak through valve cover/V cover packing and suspension issues. Already replaced Ac compressor, alternator and many spares. This car only run 90 K km till now. Accent crdi Owner spent plenty of money in engine maintenance came due to coolant leakage(pipe burst) and over heating also for suspension and ac issues. This car run 1.40 K km now.2/3 Accent petrol owners I know sold these cars due to facing ECM error or current issues which ASS guys are not capable to repair.Though Accent petrol have less maintenance, spares are very costlier and original not ready available through ASS.

2003 Lancer LE diesel covered 2.30 lakh km now and no engine issues he had.But once he had an small accident and the car was in workshop for almost 6 months due to non availability of original spares. Most of the spares had 5 digit price. ex. single headlight cost rs.12500.Same is the case with Optra too. Ecah plug wire costs Rs.1500 and the original coil has rs.11000+ tax in ASS. Though cheaper spares available locally which could not last 10 K km in this car.

My brothers Honda city GXi had a minor accident and lost right side mirror and driver side door glass. Waiting for door glass for the past 2 weeks. I heared Manza too required higher maintenance.

stay away from optra, accent and lancer. My neighbour got a used accent and the spares are too costly.
diesel would be the best for you. you have increase your budget in case of honda city and tata manza or try getting the Accent viva CRDI

Top Bottom