10 Years Old Used Cars vs New Technologically Advanced Cars? Confused

Thread Starter #1
Cars has always been my fascination , Am confused little bit between 10 years old cars and new technological advance cars

ex- honda accord 2003 1.5 lakh rupees and tata manza 2010 1.5 lakh rupees

which one shall i buy and why ?

Re: confused between 10 years old cars and new technological advance cars

Remember Accord is a car from couple of segments above Manza, thus require premium for maintenance , spare parts will be costly and it returns pathetic mileage having a petrol 2.4l engine.

For a budget of 1.5 lacs,, look for Alto (2012+) , Swift (2008+) , Wagner R , Accent etc.

Simply look for a 2010+ model Japanese cars if you care about running costs.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: confused between 10 years old cars and new technological advance cars

Honestly, If you need a flashy car go for Accord but if you are ok with a calmer design and so called TAXI brand vehicle then go for TATA Manza. TATA cars are rough and tough but over a period of time, the age creates alot of issues with them. Moreover, ASC network of TATA and Honda are miles apart in Service and Customer Satisfaction. Honda Cars on other hand are a bit delicate than TATA. Performance wise, Manza is no match to Accord. You'll have a devil's smile with the kind of fast paced performance it has. However, apart from higher cost of spares and poor FE in Honda Accord, you should consider the fact that after 2 years you'll need to apply for fitness of Accord and then have to pay Road Tax too since its only valid for 15 years. I would say, in 1.5 L you can go for Nano, Alto, Wagon R, Chevy Spark, Even 1st gen Swift and Jazz can be considered.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom