Want a Replacement For My Honda Brio

Thread Starter #1
Dear members,
Recently I have purchased a Polo GT TSI for my wife who lives in Bhubaneswar.
Now I want to replace my 2.2 years old Honda Brio due to following reasons:
1. I live in a small town and Brio's little ground clearance is giving me a nightmare over large humps and potholed roads
2. I don't have a covered parking place and my car would be under open sky 365 days. Brio is too sophisticated to handle this.
3. Go over a small patch of bad road in speed excess of 40 kmph and there is rattle from everywhere in brio.
4. 6 months service interval of Honda is not suiting me.
Now I am really confused about which car to buy. I have shortlisted some though they are of different segments. I will write in bracket the reason of shortlisting that car.
1. Ford figo automatic (the automatic of polo gt tsi spoilt me and figo's ground clearance of 174 mm)
2. Ecosport automatic or ecoboost (due to price cut this seems to be a vfm and massive gc)
3. Scorpio S4+ 4wd ( when I am spending near 11 lacs to get an ecosport then why not het a rugged 4wd suv at 12.4 lacs)
I am open to other options also. Plz help guys.

Why not look at Renault Duster AMT which has excellent ride quality, good handling, reliable engine, decently kitted and also spacious. Test drive one and see I it suits you.

Other options are Creta AT but that one has long waiting period. You can also look at City/Ciaz AT but these too have low ground clearance.

Lastly, is good ground clearance you're primary priority?

since you are okay with SUV, why not the Tata safari 2.2 ex variant. It's a good right for handling bad roads and has the best in class ride quality.

So if you are looking for car which will suite countryside/town/village road then yes you may think of 4WD or AWD cars. At the price range which you mentioned has few models.

Tata Safari Storme 4x4
Mahindra Scoprio 4WD
Renault Duster AWD

Of all these vehicles Duster is little under power, but has minimal engine noise and easiest of all to drive and handle. Also is more FE too as compared to Strome & Scorpio.

The 4WD Scorpio may not be the perfect choice for some reason but it is the better car to have in garage.

The greatest advantage for Storme in 4x4 car range is, it has a limited slip differential, so this hefty monster is unstoppable at any terrain.

If you are little flexible to the budget then Storme 4x4 is the best SUV of all these.

My Choice : Tata Safari Storme 4x4

@saubhik
i would suggest you to check avventura.
its gc is high, service intervals is 1 year, ride and handling is also good over broken surface.
Moreover you can fetch good discount on avvy.
have a look on it

cheers
vicky

@saubhik
i would suggest you to check avventura.
its gc is high, service intervals is 1 year, ride and handling is also good over broken surface.
Moreover you can fetch good discount on avvy.
have a look on it

cheers
vicky
Especially the Rocket version powered by Abarth. That is such a tempting option. 140BHP of turbocharged petrol madness and 205mm GC. Nothing beats it in India in the segment.

Top Bottom