Thread Starter #1
Ok , this will be my first car, these are my requirements and conditions

1: Dual airbags and ABS
2: Good ride comfort
3: good mileage
4: Good After sale support.
5: Budget: max 8L
6: hassle free ownership

Since my usage will be less , going for petrol.

So first thing i had shortlisted all the cars with above criteria
1: Baleno Zeta--- Approximately 8 L on road.
2: Swift zxi
3: Grand i10 Asta
4: VW polo Highline
5: Tata Zest
6: I liked jazz , but its SV variant is coming around 8.4
7:Figo Titanium

Next thing i had done was , i booked baleno since its waiting period is quite long , i thought let it be in queue.

But looks like waiting period is around 8 months , so i am thinking of other options as well.
please suggest me the vehicles based on my above criteria.

Re: Looking for my first Car, Need Help

My suggestion is Tata Zest becuase a rare sedan that can seat 3 people at the rear, feature loaded, mileage, looks, Made in india, turbo charged petrol with multi driving modes.

All ur criteria matches with baleno except for the ride comfort which is a bit bouncy at the rear but not all much to worry about.The front seats felt more comfortable than xuv500 as told bt some TAI gers.Personally i use the zeta and i have no complaints with it.

how is polo petrol , is it worth to go for..?
Polo is a great option. But I believe it is a 3 cylinder engine.

It's an awesome car, in terms of quality, saftey, comfort and handling. Although the VW service is a bit iffy. Recommend you to review your dealership experience once.

Otherwise, I'm personally a fan of Polo and would've gone for it for the car I'm going to purchase next month. But, it's above my budget :P

I am exactly in d same situation bro.. not sure wat to do.have booked baleno zeta and meanwhile rechecking my decision again and again by considering other cars.. for me too ride comfort and nvh levels are priority. and so is d looks.. which baleno, in my eyes, is at d top

I would say, go for Tata Zest. It offers the best of both, sedan and hatchback worlds.
1. Great space and Comfort
2. Best VFM in segment
3. Lovely interior and good build quality
4. Only car in it's segment which can seat 5 comfortably
5. That Harmann audio system is lovely.
6. Revotron Turbo-petrol performance is quite good. Provides multi-drive modes
7. Lower cost than Baleno or any other premium hatch.

Also, there are many Zest owners here in TAI who live in Bangalore; and going by their experience, Tata service there is also quite good.
Regarding mileage, the Tata Zest has achieved a figure of 29kmpl in the efficiency run tests conducted at Ahmednagar. The average speed for the run was around 55kmph. If you are too mileage conscious, you have the Eco mode. Simple.

Baleno is an ugly,stretched version of Swift (personal opinion, no offense) and Polo, although great, is quite low on space. The Swift is just TOO OLD to be recommended at this age, is what I feel.
Other choices; you can have a look at the Tata Bolt, Hyundai Grand i10/Xcent (although the ride isn't great), Ford Figo/Aspire.
If you want something "not compact", the Ciaz is good, although the rear seat won't be too comfy.
The Sunny is a decent car too. Etios has good seats, but terrible interiors and quality.

Try them all and pick one!

Tata zest as i recommended earlier. You can extract more KMPL from any car. you won't beleive i clocked 16.7 on safari without ac and 14.8 with a fully loaded car, AC on.

Tata motors has never produced a cramped vehicle. Tata motors has always produced the vechile with segment best ride quality and also the suspension which glides rather than crashing into potholes. To me ride quality and space are the main constraint as these things matter when you spend more and more time travelling.

Ok , this will be my first car, these are my requirements and conditions

1: Dual airbags and ABS
2: Good ride comfort
3: good mileage
4: Good After sale support.
5: Budget: max 8L
6: hassle free ownership

Since my usage will be less , going for petrol.

So first thing i had shortlisted all the cars with above criteria
1: Baleno Zeta--- Approximately 8 L on road.
2: Swift zxi
3: Grand i10 Asta
4: VW polo Highline
5: Tata Zest
6: I liked jazz , but its SV variant is coming around 8.4
7:Figo Titanium

Next thing i had done was , i booked baleno since its waiting period is quite long , i thought let it be in queue.

But looks like waiting period is around 8 months , so i am thinking of other options as well.
please suggest me the vehicles based on my above criteria.
Yes. You are very correct Baleno XETA ticks all you needs.

Baleno is a wide and big car that easily carry 5 people with a handsome of luggage. ASS network is well to all, with a so called "Maruti ka Vishwas".

The other features in ZETA give a complete feel. [Although ESP, 6 Airbags is missing in this car when Maruti sell this under premium NEXA roof.]

Still if you are looking for other competitors in this segment then Hyundai i20 Elite Asta(O) and Honda Jazz Vx can be a better choice too.

Test drive all three to make a proper judgment.

Thread Starter #13
Hyundai i20 Elite Asta(O) and Honda Jazz Vx both are clearly out of my budget :(

May need to go for lower variants , but heard i20 is not that impressive

Im still confused in a choice of Three... can anyone help me out..
Buyinh period in April

Like:
Tiago--> Price
Brio-->Price and Brake reliability.
New Swift--> Ideal Indian customer choice.
Dislike:
Tiago- Tata reliability & credibility
Brio: Heard New Facelift in 2017 and outdated model
Swift: Price, every next door car and Brake problem.

My choice would be the Figo Aspire. It fills you're requirements well and is a very good VFM car. Only concern I that it isn't a true Ford car (Build, Handling) but in all other aspects, its a excellent car.

Top Bottom