Need Urgent Advice To Choose a Perfect Car

Thread Starter #1
Hiiii Everyone,

I am planning to buy a new car but confused between Petrol "WagonR vxi", "Celerio vxi", "Honda Brio EMT" and "I10 Magna".As Buying a first car and yet to learn driving, I feel Maruti is always reliable.

Earlier I was planing an Alto800 but as I am highted 6ft and all my family members are bit fatty, I found hard for three people to sit back side.

My usage would be 15 KM (to and fro) maximum for weekdays and 1000 KM once in 3 months. So average would not be more than 10000 KMs yearly.

Comparing the Celerio VXI and Wagon R VXI :
Wagon R looks are outdated but it is reliable and has always been the best practical car...
Other than that I think both the cars are very similar...Celerio claims to have a better mileage and it looks sporty and bit attractive but I do not see many Celerio cars in market. The most I see is WagonR and I10. I also got to know from few reviews that Celerio is noisy..

But so far I did not get any solid reason which would be the best option for me.

Users advice are very very important for me. Hence please share your experience and knowledge to chose me the best car for my requirement.

Thanks a lot!

Get yourself a Chevrolet Beat.

The machine will listen to you.

Trust me

And with the offers around. It will be stupid for you if you don't grab i!![:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
@Shagnite:
I would suggest you to stretch a bit and get a Grand i10 Sportz. Since you are a newbie, the most important aspect for you will be the strong low end which will help you tackle city roads and inclines with an ease. The 1.2l engine from Hyundai is super refined and is equally drivable. Couples to it are super light wheel and clutch which will be simply the icing on the cake.

Going by your requirements, your usage is not high. Space is an important criteria in car which you can't comprmise. If this case, wagon r, brio, i10, celerio are short in space, I suggest to try out Tata bolt

@Shagnite
As you were thinking about Celerio, why don't you consider Renult KWID ? If Renault's dealer & after-sales network in Indore is OK, go for Kwid. Its wheel base is just 3mm shy of Grand i10. It is 79mm longer than Celerio. I am impressed with this little car. I once said in TAI, "If I am buying a hatchback now, it would be Kwid". Though it has a 800CC 3-cylinder engine and is good for 100 kph speeds, it is NOT a disadvantage, considering the price and overall benefits. More over, Kwid stays out of the crowd. The only two things I do not like in Kwid is it weight (660 kilos) and only 3 bolts per wheels.

1. As per Rakesh in TAI, "Kwid has 97 percent localization, meaning spares could be cheap ... The car looks good ... Responsive engine ... Amazing ride quality ... Accommodating front and rear seats ...". Rakesh's thread is at http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/24732-renault-kwid-ownership-review.html
  2. Team-bhp says, "Looks swell for an A-segment hatchback ... A lot of car for the money ... 799 cc petrol has sufficient pep for the city. ARAI fuel efficiency rating is the highest for any petrol car ... Equipment in a budget car ... Renault have fitted an awesome steering wheel in the Kwid. I’d say this is the best steering wheel (to hold), not just within the entry-level segment but even among hatchbacks from a higher segment ...". You can read more at Renault Kwid : Official Review - Team-BHP
  3. Zigwheels say, "For an 54PS, 800cc motor, the Renault Kwid feels pretty responsive ... For a compact hacthback, the Renault Kwid has enough room in the cabin to ensure that four adults and a kid feel comfortable and not like sardines packed in a can ... From bad roads to speed breakers and rumblers, the Kwid has not once lost its composure. In fast corner it holds on to the line and never do the tyres screech in complain ... Renault Kwid has so far managed to tick pretty much all the right boxes. The link is Renault Kwid: 1,000km Long Term Review | ZigWheels.com
BTW, in Maruti, I only like Vitara Brezza. This car is going to outsell Swift soon. For once, I appreciate Maruti for giving a good product to their customers.

Test Drive as many cars as possible. Though car is not an investment, stretch a little and go for the one that appeals to you the most. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT think about resale. Delete all references to resale from your mind. After 5 years from NOW, a difference of 20 to 30K wouldn't make a difference to you. And you would have driven an eye catchy hatch for all those years as compared to a run of the mill Maruti.

Good luck.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS:
Cars from other manufacturers are reliable too. They would have closed shop otherwise, woudn't they ? Spare parts from many manufacturers are also comparable in price. The maintenance of Cars is comparable; may be 1000 to 2000 bucks more than equivalent Maruti Car, per Service. But, when you want the Perfect Car, would you have to bother about this 1K or 2K once a year ??? I would recommend you to come out of the Maruti ONLY mode.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@Shagnite:
I would suggest you to stretch a bit and get a Grand i10 Sportz. Since you are a newbie, the most important aspect for you will be the strong low end which will help you tackle city roads and inclines with an ease. The 1.2l engine from Hyundai is super refined and is equally drivable. Couples to it are super light wheel and clutch which will be simply the icing on the cake.
I think the i10 now comes with only 1.1 engine now. 1.2 comes in the grand i10.

Anyways buy the wagonR or the grand i10.

With the Celerio on your options, I would anyday suggest the Tiago over it. You can try the Tiago to see whether it suits your requirements, or the Bolt is just the car to beat in space, comfort and VFM. The mid variants are not very out of your budget.
Else, you have very few spacious hatchbacks in your budget.
The Kwid is a decent choice. Although I haven't driven it, going by the reviews, it's a good car, but lacks interior appeal and quality. Same thing applies to the Datsun Go.
I would suggest you to have a look at the Nano as it's quite very spacious and VFM.
My pick is the Bolt or the Tiago. You can't get anything better in the Marutis.

Also have a look at the #Gearedforgreat endurance run being conducted at Ahmednagar. You have almost no reason to worry about Tata cars quality. They have clocked more than 21000kms on each of the four cars (Zest petrol, Bolt petrol, Tiago petrol and diesel) by running continuously for 7 days at very high speeds. To add to the fact, the Bolt Petrol also has been tested for efficiency on the same track and it returned around 29kmpl at average speed of 60kmph.

Believe me, I'm an Ertiga owner and I'm starting to get bored of Marutis. They are very average cars and don't have any soul of their own.
No offence to anyone please.

Hey buddy, as this will be going to your 1st car, wagonr and celerio both are fun to drive. Though not as fun as brio, but brio has completed her life circle. So, i suggest you to go for celerio, the engine is not so noisy, infact it is well refined. And yes, if you can stratch your budget, then grand i10 is a best option. And also try the datsun go. The car is Very nice to drive.

Hiiii Everyone,

I am planning to buy a new car but confused between Petrol "WagonR vxi", "Celerio vxi", "Honda Brio EMT" and "I10 Magna".As Buying a first car and yet to learn driving, I feel Maruti is always reliable.

Earlier I was planing an Alto800 but as I am highted 6ft and all my family members are bit fatty, I found hard for three people to sit back side.

My usage would be 15 KM (to and fro) maximum for weekdays and 1000 KM once in 3 months. So average would not be more than 10000 KMs yearly.

Comparing the Celerio VXI and Wagon R VXI :
Wagon R looks are outdated but it is reliable and has always been the best practical car...
Other than that I think both the cars are very similar...Celerio claims to have a better mileage and it looks sporty and bit attractive but I do not see many Celerio cars in market. The most I see is WagonR and I10. I also got to know from few reviews that Celerio is noisy..

But so far I did not get any solid reason which would be the best option for me.

Users advice are very very important for me. Hence please share your experience and knowledge to chose me the best car for my requirement.

Thanks a lot!
you could choose the new renault kwid

Hey guys, from my experience, kwid is not fun to drive. One can't pull the car without using the accelerator paddel. You need to rev the engine and then release the class paddel. You need to make a good balance of accelerator and class. Other wise, this car gonna be stall. So, new drivers might found it difficult. And although, kwid motor is not for highway. At 100kmph, the engine feels stretched to the breaking point.

Kiwid isn't a bad option. It is a good car, looks good and also a segment High ground clearence. However space is not good, also the dealership network is a concern.

My suggestion would be:

1. BOlt
2. Tiago.
3. Wagon r- a good car, maruthi badge, excellent head room too, been in the market and proven

Top Bottom