Stop Me From Buying a Ford Figo Diesel

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAIans,
Yours truly is learning the ropes to driving, on CNG powered swift. I stand 5'3".
I like the looks of a car, but its usefulness is a bigger priority.
My budget is 6.5 l max. Keeping the option of wheel upgrade open with that of the music system.
I prefer diesel because of very good reviews of its engine (I love riding my bike, I need to feel the same with my car) and driving comfort.
So people, should I or shouldn't I buy this awesome bit of machinery??

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Since you are already in love with the car just buy it. I am an owner since 5 months and covered around 5800kms. The car will bring a smile to your face just by tapping the accelerator hard.

In your budget you can get the base variant ambiente which will cost you 6.5 lakhs on road without discounts. Discounts should be around 30-40 k with which you can upgrade the tyres plus get the music system.

Thread Starter #3
Thank you @allhyundaicars for the nudge. It's all the more important as you are a proud owner yourself.
and.......
Do you think my height, which is on the lesser side, will provide no hindrance in safe and comfortable driving ?
PS: I am quite comfortable in swift.
Also regarding the discounts you have mentioned, what kind are they??
Harpreet and tanish are flatly refusing any, even the handling charges.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I think you will be more than comfortable. I am 5,11" with a healthy built , i didnt find the seats to be that comfortable(habitual of verna's seats) so got good seat cover which made the seats comfortable.

Some cash discount (15k- 20k) free insurance (20k) plus exchange bonus of 18k if you echange any car.

I bought from harpreet ford and got them to remove the handling charges by sending a direct message on twitter. Paste a news article as well stating handling charges are illegal. Within minutes got the call from ford team as well as the dealer confirming the charges have been removed.

Ps : i bought the trend diesel for 660k 5 months back and now the same costs 710k because of the recent price revision.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Thank you for reassuring.
On my visit to tanish ford, I found the dash to be , let's put it this way, overwhelming.
Seemed the vision may be affected while on the drivers seat. Moreover, as the car on display was the 1.5 AT, I couldn't guess the extent of clutch travel, as well as hardness.
Planning to do that while I go for a TD (till I get sufficiently confident on the road).
I also tried finding cushioning in seats for gaining some height advantage and installing same mechanical extension to the pedals below, but without much luck.
Can you direct me to a proper thread or can you advice where can I get those modifications done in Delhi ncr.
Thank you for being patient with me bothering you so much.
Regards,
Baajey aka Bhaskar

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
The automatic variant titanium has the seat height adjuster so ask the advisor to show you the base ambiente or the trend variant so that you can easily find the best position.
The diesel clutch is a little bit hard plus the steering and the suspesnion as well( again, coming from Hyundais, habitual of light everything [lol]) but don't get tired after driving.
I don't think you need to install any extensions to the pedal. Just pull the seat forward. On your td don't hesitate to check the best seating position even if it takes you some time.
Ps : don't know any shops doing this type of work. And please ask n number of questions if you feel the need to [:)]

Thread Starter #7
Hi @allhyundaicars,
I took a brief test drive this Sunday. Harpreet Ford, Sec 34 , Gurgaon
10 km only.
Couldn't drive/sit in lower variants to check the vertical factor. With height adjustment (it was preadjusted for the TD guy, I just pulled the seat forward a bit), it felt what I never felt in Swift.
The engine felt good. It is as if I can't stall the engine even if I try, and i stalled my driving class' CNG swift quite a few times, actually too many.
Control is awesome. Going in curves is fun.
But the gear shifting was really sloppy, actually very stiff compared to a swift/polo. TD guy said the car is expecting to go for service, hence the stiffness, while i felt guys like me abused to stick into this stiff rubbery blob.
On a complete different note, I requested the SA to replace the stock driver's seat with a height adjustable seat. He checked with some engineer from the shop itself and informed it was possible. Problem is I have to pay for the whole seat (like an accessory). He is yet to inform the price of it.

So, should go with replaced seating or avoid it ? And what might the approximate cost, any guesses?
PS. I loved it with the seat adjustment. This feeling was like the one when I sat on Honda twister for the first time.
PPS: can you guide me to some place in Delhi/Gurgaon which deal with seat replacement?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ baajey- in another forum someone mentioned the cost to change the seat with height adjustment was 20k. Dont think it's worth it.
Mostly people go for seats meant for sports car. Like recaro.

I mentioned this in another thread but harpreet fors moti nagar has a titanium plus variant at 1.2 lakhs off (2015 model) but it's a petrol.
Dont knw any shops which do this type of work.

Thread Starter #9
thanks.
20k seems to be more than i anticipated (the SA is still to update me about price of the seat).
seems that i have to let go of wheel size and tyre upgrades, if i go through with the seat plan.
btw, you mentioned its not worth it. why do you think so ?
- is it because its too pricey when pitted against its use ?
- is it because of any potential structural complications ? the rails are supposed to be same and so are the bolts connecting the rails with the seat.

cheers.

Thread Starter #10
also,
i got a call from a different dealer offering me a white ambiente 2015 model on about 70k discount. should i take it ?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Yes I wont go for this feature for 20k. The rails will be the same.

I think you should get it. If you go there to book you can ask for more accessories. Parking sensors , seat covers or anything else you want. Dont hesitate to ask for these things . It's a buyers market they will definitely sweeten the deal.

Top Bottom