New Ford Figo Petrol: Worth Buying?

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

> Your Budget: 5.5 lac. can stretch to 6 max

> New or Used: New

> Your Location: Noida

> Top Five Priorities: ease of driving as I am a new driver, safety, cabin space, good interiors and cheap maintainence

> Monthly Running: around 1000 km. occasional highway runs too

> Type of Fuel: Petrol

> For What Purpose: regular

> Seating Capacity: 4-5

> Type of Segment: Hatchback

Since last 1.5 months I am in the market for my first car, a petrol hatchback. I had booked Brio but cancelled the booking a day later. Currently I am considering Ford Figo 1.2 trend variant.

Is figo petrol worth buying ? I am new driver so want a car which is fun to drive, easy handling, hassle free ownership. What are the views of the members regarding figo petrol ?

I have also considered grand i10 and swift petrol. My wife rejected swit due to its looks. Getting tilted in favor of figo due to airbags.

Please help in choosing my first car. [confused]

Re: Ford figo petrol- worth buying ?

Figo is a proven car. It's been there for years and lot of happy owners. it ticks all the boxes barring the slightly higher service costs compared to competitiors. The cabin space is not great if you want to seat three at the rear. Petrol is not the strong performer.

You can try out Tata Zest which is also a good option.

As Pravin1987 suggested, Figo is a nice option. However, petrol is nowhere close to diesel variant in terms of performance and comes out as a weak competitor against other options in the market.

You can go for Bolt, or even wait for Tiago which is launching this month end and is an awesome car. Tiago will fit in well within your budget.

Otherwise, I would say Bolt is another good option in terms of performance.

@silver_oak
I own the new ford figo petrol trend.It the best petrol car compared to its competitors.
Its my humble request to all diesel owners don't spread negatives about petrol.
Its not at all an underperformer. Of course it may feel little lackluster as compared to diesel,but its still best petrol car in its segment.
Excellent handling ,ride quality and NVH levels.
mileage may be little low as compared to peers.
But in terms of build quality its best, with best features at its price.
One more humble request,ford service cost are not at all higher compared to maruti , hyundai.They have worked a lot to bring in transparency and service cost have come down a lot.In fact maruti maintenance cost are slightly higher.
Also grand i10 is good car for city only.It lags power,build quality and handling ,ride quality strictly average.
In my opinion figo petrol is best.Not beacause I own but overall its performance is very good in all aspects.

Hi All,

> Your Budget: 5.5 lac. can stretch to 6 max

> New or Used: New

> Your Location: Noida

> Top Five Priorities: ease of driving as I am a new driver, safety, cabin space, good interiors and cheap maintainence

> Monthly Running: around 1000 km. occasional highway runs too

> Type of Fuel: Petrol

> For What Purpose: regular

> Seating Capacity: 4-5

> Type of Segment: Hatchback

Since last 1.5 months I am in the market for my first car, a petrol hatchback. I had booked Brio but cancelled the booking a day later. Currently I am considering Ford Figo 1.2 trend variant.

Is figo petrol worth buying ? I am new driver so want a car which is fun to drive, easy handling, hassle free ownership. What are the views of the members regarding figo petrol ?

I have also considered grand i10 and swift petrol. My wife rejected swit due to its looks. Getting tilted in favor of figo due to airbags.

Please help in choosing my first car. [confused]
Hi,

Did you TD the Tiago?, take your family along and read up the expert reviews on this forum, its a nice city hatch, and deliveries will be out after the launch.

Thread Starter #6
Yes, bolt and tiago are indeed good cars. Personally dont like Bolt design especially rear one. Will wait for Tiago to get launch and will TD it.

@Gad7 - How is F.A.S.S that you have experienced ? One of my colleague has few horror stories to tell about ford from past. Think it should be considerable better now.

Guys I still dont understand. [frustration] Is the figo petrol engine so bad that it can not be considered at all. I am seriously thinking about it. Have already done TD . As I am a new driver, did not noticed much in regard to engine performance. What i really liked - handling, interiors, cabin space, built quality is acceptable, and gear box is nothing to complain of. will do another TD this saturday.

it's not a bad engine. It's just not the leader in petrol against competiters. No car is perfect. Every car has it's own plus and negatives. as far as buying a car, members give here are just suggestions. at the end it's depends on the person who is going to own the car. i feel that you like the Figo petrol. Advance wishes on your purchase. Do post a ownership thread.

What about Baleno Sigma or Delta?

Fits your budget just fine and it has ABS+Airbags as standard. 1.2k petrol in Baleno is perfect for new drivers and return awesome performance in it's class.

Thread Starter #9
it's not a bad engine. It's just not the leader in petrol against competiters. No car is perfect. Every car has it's own plus and negatives. as far as buying a car, members give here are just suggestions. at the end it's depends on the person who is going to own the car. i feel that you like the Figo petrol. Advance wishes on your purchase. Do post a ownership thread.
Will def post ownership thread once I make up my mind for it. Still some doubts are there as it will be first car that I will own. So want to be dead sure about it. BTW. just saw your sig. I also own CBZ xtreame 2009 and using it for my daily commute.

Fits your budget just fine and it has ABS+Airbags as standard. 1.2k petrol in Baleno is perfect for new drivers and return awesome performance in it's class.
Baleno will come under 6 lac ? Will surely check then. Thanks.

ChairmanSab - First of all, nice user handle. [clap]

Baleno, only Sigma variant comes under 6L on road.
Plus- that long waiting period. I personally feel, Maruti Suzuki has gone a little too far in compromising on the build quality. Already seen way too many Baleno's with dents so bad as if they're using paper-thin sheet metal.
No offence, just my opinion.

Ford Figo seems a lot better option in terms of build quality.

Although, for some reason, I'm not able to take my mind of new Tata products. Such a remarkable difference they've shown.

Also, how contrasting are A.S.S experience of Tata's and Ford's? Just curious.

Cheers!

hey buddy, i also recommend you to check the baleno. and if you can, wait till maruti's new car IGNIS. figo is not a bad car. petrol is also good but not great. but you can not find the figo handling in any car in it's segment.
[EDIT] hey buddy, why you canceled the brio? i must say it has the best petrol engine in this segment.

Last edited:
I do agree with pradeep.Maruti baleno has very poor build quality.Under 6L you only get baleno sigma variant,which is the base variant.
sigma variant has only the most basic features.It has long waiting period.
Why compromise on build quality and features if you get all this in figo at 6L.
There are many other issues with baleno like high speed stability on highways.
Also roads are crowded these days with only maruti and hyundai cars.That's the reason their service has also deteriorated.

@silver_oak
ford service has improved a lot over past few years.

My view is that you should always go for cars which will be a rare sight on roads.In that way you also get the best service.
since their sevice centers are not overcrowded.

Tata bolt is also good.upcoming tiago also lacks power and will be good only for city use.No doubt it has best features,looks but engine disappoints as per initial reviews.Its entry level hatch.

Fiat is also the best car maker.No one can beat fiat's build quality.

Initially I was going to book punto evo but backed out due to poor mileage and fiat's service.

you can think of punto also if you are ok with mileage and service.service is not bad,but their network is poor.It has best build quality,stunning looks and features all under 6lacs.

Thread Starter #13
hey buddy, i also recommend you to check the baleno. and if you can, wait till maruti's new car IGNIS. figo is not a bad car. petrol is also good but not great. but you can not find the figo handling in any car in it's segment.
[EDIT] hey buddy, why you canceled the brio? i must say it has the best petrol engine in this segment.
I loved Brio. Nice and fun to drive car. Although boot space and the fact that there could be new generation of Brio just around the corner made be to look for another car.

I dont require much boot space now but requirements can change in future.

Thread Starter #14
Hi All,

Decided to go with Brio. Had TD Figo Petrol this weekend. Wife did complain about non -responsiveness about the engine. She complained that car is not performing as usual when moved to 3rd gear. Mind you she doesn't know anything about the engines and never checked any reviews. As I am a new driver I didnt find any issues but she is driving for past 10 years. May be that's why she felt slight under-performance of the engine. Told this to SA and he replied that many customers do complain about petrol engine and that one gets accustomed to this in future.

Anyway, we decided to go with our first choice - Brio. Booked and delivery will be on Wednesday 23 march morning. Will do PDI tomorrow. Thanks all..

Last edited:

Top Bottom