Help For My Friend: SUV Under Rs.8 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI Team,

One of my close friends is in dilemma and so I am now post discussion with him.
He has a budget of 8L in hand & wants a SUV for himself. Petrol / Diesel is not a choice for him since he wants to stick to his budget of 8L can stretch 50K more in case he gets some good option.
He had shortlisted Duster & Eco Sport. He is getting a discount close to 2.2L in Duster (D) version but is basic variant. He wishes to have top end -1 version.
Eco Sport is in his budget but he has some negative feedback form his other friends on Ford spare cost & maintenance cost

Can you please help him to get a good SUV in said price?
FE, Resale value is a secondary option for him. His first option is good SUV with minimal maintenance

Re: Help for my friend - SUV in 8 L

you can suggest maruti vitara brezza & Tuv 300 to your friend.

TUV 300 drive like a real SUV & give high seating position just like M&M scorpio while maruti Vitara Brezza feels more premium & car like with good interior & exterior. Both have diesel engines & have decent feature variants under 8.5L.

Last edited:

For now, there is no other option other than the Brezza and TUV.
If his requirements consist of a tough, real SUV with good space and presence, then the TUV is the only choice; but if he is ok with the "Swift-on-stilts" interiors and engines, and wants better looks than the TUV, then the Brezza is the only option. But neither car has their top-end variant at 8L.
Only the KUV has it's top-end diesel variant at 8L.

You can try Brezza or Ecosport as its prices have been slashed or Brezza LDi (O) if he's concerned for safety.personally haven't seen Brezza but as DJ said it's looks like swift has grown more muscles by looking at the pictures.

Thread Starter #5
He is ok with Eco Sport. How will be overall performance from driver part on driving petrol ecobost version vs Diesel version?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Eco Sport is in his budget but he has some negative feedback form his other friends on Ford spare cost & maintenance cost

Can you please help him to get a good SUV in said price?
FE, Resale value is a secondary option for him. His first option is good SUV with minimal maintenance
I would say Eco-Sport fits the bill very nicely. In terms of maintenance, FORD has taken needful steps in curbing the maintenance cost and making it a fuss-free experience for the existing as well as future owners. The cost of maintaining a FORD won't be as high as it used to be earlier surely. Eco-sport in the C-SUV segment has been a reliable choice among majority of buyers. Except it, other option could be Mahindra TUV if he's OK with a Average performing Diesel mill of it. As for the Brezza, the interiors are least appealing and in my opinion if he is concerned for looks, then he can consider it. But, I won't suggest Brezza since its a new product and so far Maruti hasn't even given any display vehicle too. Let Brezza settle in the market and let a couple of ownership reviews come up, let the market speak on Brezza only then it is worth to buy it. Do not fall just for brand MSIL due to it's name.

Regards

Akash

why some people make new car buyers nervous about saying only the negetive... Ecosport has some niggles, infact all the cars have some niggles. but in his budget this car will fit perfectly. but he has to compromise on interior space as he need a suv. vitara brezza has just launced. TUV is also good but top end versions are costlier than 8l.

Thread Starter #8
I spoke with him. He is OK with eco sport and he has received 1 good deal on Duster. He is getting 2015 duster in 9L rs on road. Although he is not sure but he says that executive has said its RXE version and is Nov 2015 make. However he will get the warranty started once the registration is done so he should not worry even if car is 6 months old.
TUV seems to be a bigger vehicle and he is interested in SUB SUV cars hence he is choosing between eco sport, Duster and similar types

ow thats good. DUSTER has good ride quality. But duster has just got a facelift. if he is ok with that, then i suggest him to done the deal ASAP.

Renault Nissan Automotive India Private Limited have their manufacturing plant in Oragadam near Chennai. Now,remember Chennai floods before going for the purchase.Check when this vehicle arrived in the dealer's stock.

Thread Starter #12
He has lined up TD for eco sport & Duster this Saturday & shall be booking any one of them.

Just adding one more SUV/MUV comes under 8 lakhs. Bolero comes below the TUV on price list. Though it is old, a proven workhorse in the budget.

Thread Starter #15
Thanks a lot friends for your suggestions. However due to budget contraints my friend has dropped the idea of getting new car currently.
The only best part out of this is during all the search with him I was not able to control myself & I ended up getting a new SUV. I shall write my ownership review thread by next week. Till then will keep the new SUV name as secret

Top Bottom