Spending Around Rs.10 Lakh For a Hatch?

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

Usually, when someone is planning to buy a new car/bike/phone or anything else, they will be having a few choices in the final list. In my case, till a few months back, I had only ONE car in mind - The Fiat Punto. But could not buy at that time as I had to relocate to a new town.

Now this April, again I am planing to buy a car. Recently I got a chance to drive a friend's Polo Diesel from Trivandrum to Kochi (around 210kms) . It is worth mentioning that I am too impressed [:D] with the comfortable drive and the strong body of the car.

I got some quotes from the sales agents and the onroad price for highline diesel polo comes to 9.42L after all discounts. One thing is true, I am impressed with the vehicle, its comfortable ride, stability and strong body. I prefer to have a strong and stable car other than the soft plastic ones. But is it worth to spend nearly 10L for a hatch. Or is it wise to go for an entry level sedan(bachelor in the late 20s and sedan [confused] ).

Re: Spending around 10L for a hatch?

^^How much is your monthly running?

I bought a Polo HL Diesel in December 2015 and covered more than 8000 kms in the car till date and I don't have anything bad to say about the car; the 1.5 TDi is simply the best diesel engine you can get under 10 lac.

Why not look for GT TSi? No need to go for an entry level sedan until you need one; this is coming from a bachelor in mid twenties :biggrin:

Thread Starter #3

^^How much is your monthly running?

I bought a Polo HL Diesel in December 2015 and covered more than 8000 kms in the car till date and I don't have anything bad to say about the car; the 1.5 TDi is simply the best diesel engine you can get under 10 lac.

Why not look for GT TSi? No need to go for an entry level sedan until you need one; this is coming from a bachelor in mid twenties :biggrin:
Hello TSIVPul.. I too dont have any opinions against Polo. As I mentioned, I am also impressed with the vehicle. But a bit confused whether it is worth spending around 10L for a hatch. Also hearing a lot of issues with the VW vehicles.

Re your question, Monthly running = (65kms/day * average 22 working days) + (50kms/weekend * 4 weekends) = 1630kms/month
Also expecting 3-4 trips in an year of each around 700kms.
So expected running in an year = (1630 * 12) + (700 * 4) = 4430 ==> 4500kms per year
//[:D] Yes! Engineer
[clap]

Hi all,

I got some quotes from the sales agents and the onroad price for highline diesel polo comes to 9.42L after all discounts. One thing is true, I am impressed with the vehicle, its comfortable ride, stability and strong body. I prefer to have a strong and stable car other than the soft plastic ones. But is it worth to spend nearly 10L for a hatch. Or is it wise to go for an entry level sedan(bachelor in the late 20s and sedan.
are you sure this is for Polo Highline TDI, because mine costed Rs. less than 8,50,000 on road. Owning two Polo's i can safely say that go for it.

That is some serious mileage, mine GT has Just traveled around 6400 kms from Nov.[frustration]

So expected running in an year = (1630 * 12) + (700 * 4) = 4430 ==> 4500kms per year
Yes! Engineer
The car is really great, even my brother had to say that it is really stable at high speed and driving dynamics are great. But he complains about the ground clearance. If you will buy GT TSI then we both can modify our rides toghter.[evil]

I am sorry, i am unable to understand your calculation of yearly running, can you please elaborate.

Re your question, Monthly running = (65kms/day * average 22 working days) + (50kms/weekend * 4 weekends) = 1630kms/month
Also expecting 3-4 trips in an year of each around 700kms.
I am sorry, i am unable to understand your calculation of yearly running, can you please elaborate.
He missed multiplying the monthly running by 12.
1630 + (700*4) = 4430km
His actual annual mileage will be 22360km

Hey balarshnan, spending 10l on a hatch is now a days common(not very though). The diesel top end virsion of premium hatches are almost close to 10lakhs. If you want to buy polo, then go for GT TSI. Or i suggest you to check the fiat's power hungry baby, THE ABARTH PUNTO. This will be a batter choice than the polo. It has good build quality, 145 hp engine(too much for an Indian hatch). But polo TSI has batter handling. Though not very difference from Abarth's.

Thread Starter #7

are you sure this is for Polo Highline TDI, because mine costed Rs. less than 8,50,000 on road. Owning two Polo's i can safely say that go for it.
Yes, I am sure about this. A friend who bought Polo some 15 months back asked me the same question. But unfortunately, the onroad price comes to 9.4 in Kerala.

Sorry that was a mistake. As Mr. Boss noted, I missed to multiply the monthly run by 12. Thanks Boss.

Hey balarshnan, spending 10l on a hatch is now a days common(not very though). The diesel top end virsion of premium hatches are almost close to 10lakhs. If you want to buy polo, then go for GT TSI. Or i suggest you to check the fiat's power hungry baby, THE ABARTH PUNTO. This will be a batter choice than the polo. It has good build quality, 145 hp engine(too much for an Indian hatch). But polo TSI has batter handling. Though not very difference from Abarth's.
Heey Akins. Why the GT Version. First of all I need a diesel one. And I believe the ordinary TDI one is having a decent performance.

Punto is like my ex gf. I liked that car very much and was planning to buy once. But recently after using a Punto, ofcource the car is super cool and fun to drive, but I think fiat is using some cheap materials in utilities like seat adjustment levers, door handles etc. Also I am not comfortable about the second row of Punto.

Oh. Yes, fiat uses some cheap metarial inside. And of course, TDI virsion has decent performence. But performence of GT's are better. Buying the GT's within 10l are better than the common one. But the GT's drink more fuel. So you have to pay a lot on fuel. For me, if i pay 10l on a hatch, i would go for fiat abarth. Or if there is only one option, i.e. Polo, i would go for GT TSI.

Thread Starter #11
Go for polo TDI highline, its a great car and you will love driving it. What is the Ex-showroom price offered to you by dealer?
I didn't get a detailed quote. He just mentioned that the final price is 9.47 after all discounts (15k as VW discount, 3K as corporate offer)
I read somewhere that VW is giving extended warranty for free also.

Top Bottom