Exchanging T-Board Car at Dealership

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

Planning to buy new Genx nano or similar variant car.

Is it possible to exchange T-board car in the showroom.?

I have Tata Indica LS BS III. 2014 Registration. driven 1 lakh+ KM. But currently Running good.

Is there any conditions for exchange like only pvt cars., only less KM driven something like that...

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Exchange T-board car

Hi all,

I have Tata Indica LS BS III. 2014 Registration. driven 1 lakh+ KM. But currently Running good.

Is there any conditions for exchange like only pvt cars., only less KM driven something like that...
About exchanging a commercially registered car I feel it could be possible since no dealer has any issues if all papers of the car are in order i.e Valid. Also, whether the car has run 1 Lac or 1.5 Lac kms, there is no problem in exchanging it and the only thing would be that the exchange price might be slightly lower than what you might be expecting buddy.

Regards

Akash

Re: Exchange T-board car

Hi all,

+1 to what all Akash1886 said. There is no condition of kms driven, etc. but exchanging a yellow board car would be difficult as one time road tax is not paid in case of these cars. If I am not wrong, tax has to be paid every year which will be one big reason for a lesser resale value. In this case, showroom will not be able to hold the car for too long (unlike private cars) as an upcoming tax payment will be a huge drawback in the used market.

Approaching taxi/cab fleet owners is a good idea. They know cars inside out and will be able to judge the 'good' condition (as you mentioned) very well. They will give you a fair price if the car is worth it.

OT : 1 Lac kms in 2 years is crazy! [surprise]

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for info Akash1886.
only 8 service I done in Tata authorised service centre. Remaining 3 I used local mechanic. Will it affect the selling price. Or only current condition of the vehicle is considered for fixing the selling price?
About exchanging a commercially registered car I feel it could be possible since no dealer has any issues if all papers of the car are in order i.e Valid. Also, whether the car has run 1 Lac or 1.5 Lac kms, there is no problem in exchanging it and the only thing would be that the exchange price might be slightly lower than what you might be expecting buddy.

Regards

Akash
+1 to what all Akash1886 said. There is no condition of kms driven, etc. but exchanging a yellow board car would be difficult as one time road tax is not paid in case of these cars. If I am not wrong, tax has to be paid every year which will be one big reason for a lesser resale value. In this case, showroom will not be able to hold the car for too long (unlike private cars) as an upcoming tax payment will be a huge drawback in the used market.

Approaching taxi/cab fleet owners is a good idea. They know cars inside out and will be able to judge the 'good' condition (as you mentioned) very well. They will give you a fair price if the car is worth it.

OT : 1 Lac kms in 2 years is crazy! [surprise]
Thanks ice_wise. But life time tax paid for this car. I dont know about other states. It is registered in Tamilnadu. Here Life tax can be paid for T-board taxi. Only thing is the have to renew FC(Fee Rs.350) & permit authorisation(Fee Rs.550/-) )every year. Permit every 5 Year.

1 Lac kms in 2 years might looks crazy. But its commercial Taxi you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Non availability of service history from authorized centres will affect the resale value a bit. This is because in a company serviced car, the number of kms can be compared to know if the meter has been tampered or not.

In fact, every small bit counts in calculating the resale value, so even the yellow plate, number of kms, service history and condition will affect the value.

Top Bottom