Confused Between Hyundai Creta Petrol and VW Polo Petrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi all,
I have narrowed down my list to Creta petrol SX+ and Polo petrol high line. ( Yes you read it right.). I know its not the right comparison as one is a hatchback.)
I am really impressed with the quality,fit and finish of polo. plus i will get it almost the price of creta. but the most of the online reviews say that back seat is not comfortable in polo. is it really that bad ?

Also, can we expect any new car launch (<15 lakh) this year?. I didnt like vitara. I read something about i30 and new verna. is it confirmed?

thanks

Thread Starter #2
No one wants to reply?
I removed polo due to engine noise. In comes honda jazz 1.2 VX i VTEC. would appreciate if someone could share his/her views.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
No one wants to reply?
I removed polo due to engine noise. In comes honda jazz 1.2 VX i VTEC. would appreciate if someone could share his/her views.
Weekend/ Holiday so most of our members and experts may be busy with their personal work so do not expect any reply today. Wait for a day[:)]

No one wants to reply?
Are you taking about normal polo petrol 1.2 mpi or 1.2 GT Tsi? and there is no comparison between creta and polo. Polo 1.2 TSI will cost you around 10 lacs on road +/- 25k depending on state where you get is registered.
Regarding engine noise, there is no noise in Polo 1.2 GT TSI. Can't comment on normal polo.

My Advice:
Go for polo GT TSI and you will have whopping 5 lacs for modifications, as you suggested your budget is around 15 Lacs. If rear seat comfort and space is necessary than i would suggest against it.

Hi all,
I have narrowed down my list to Creta petrol SX+ and Polo petrol high line. ( Yes you read it right.). I know its not the right comparison as one is a hatchback.)
I am really impressed with the quality,fit and finish of polo. plus i will get it almost the price of creta. but the most of the online reviews say that back seat is not comfortable in polo. is it really that bad ?

Also, can we expect any new car launch (<15 lakh) this year?. I didnt like vitara. I read something about i30 and new verna. is it confirmed?

thanks
Very contradicting requirements, if you want speed and best fit in class you can go for Polo GT TSI

But if you want creta just for rear seat comfort i am sure the engine wont be a great comparison for your other choice was Polo which is still hoot of an engone GT TSI

But if you have a compromise and want relatively both the option in a good combination i see a Ford Ecosport which might also fall in your budget after all discounts

Last edited:
Hi all,

thanks
Two conflicting choices.
On one hand, we have Polo with poor GC, poor back seat comfort but peppy and excellent handling(if GT TSi!).
On the other hand, Creta with better GC, roomy cabin(compared to Polo!!) but not-so-excellent handling.

Two different categories. So it will be better if you can list out your requirements! Else, if you want one among the two, go with Creta!

BTW If you want Sedan, why not Linea?
If you want Cross, why not Ecosport?
If you want Hatch, why not GT TSi?
If you want SUV like, why not TUV?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
thanks everyone for the response. really appreciate it. sorry. i should have made it clear. its not GT TSI. fun to drive is not the criteria. i am not looking for sedan either. i didn't like TUV, ecosport.
So its between Creta VTVT SX+, jazz 1.2 VX i VTEC. more confusion as i write. initially i preferred jazz to i20 because every second car on road is i20. but i am forced to reconsider i20 because jazz doesnt have the wow feeling inside cabin. so i20 asta(o) petrol also in the list now. ( i know crdi is very good. but my usage is low). i see that in all the reviews, people praise the jazz petrol engine. is it really that good?. is i20 petrol very bad compared to it?

i20 is good but petrol engine isn't. It's neither powerful nor efficient, while the same engine feels much better in Xcent/Grand i10.

Jazz is a good car, it is slightly more expensive then i20 but it is decently equipped, has good engine, is way more spacious, rides & handles better and is also slightly uncommon compared to i20.

Every car has pros & cons, but the relevant ones are the things that need to be taken into account.

As Furious Driver mentioned, Creta is a better choice compared to i20 Petrol.

After reading all above conversation, I assume that you are looking to spend an amount around 15Lac for a really good car.

Since you are spending a huge amount then few thing you must consider while buying a car like,

some essential safety features you must seek for
- ABS with EBD
- 6 Airbags [if you are luck to get one]
- ESP with traction control system
- bigger tyres
- Powerful Turbo Petrol engine [from your post it seems like you are interested in petrol head]
- 4x4 if you are an regular off road terrain user [Optional]

some luxury one
- Leather seats
- HID's
- Touch screen display + navigation + reverse cam support
- retracting ORVM

With above features mentioned you may have lot may choices but choosing correct one that will suit your need requires to identify and paper down few things like,

- number of people mostly travelling
- physic of people travelling with you [height being the major factor, broader body waist]
- type of terrain you will use the car most of times [city, highway, country side etc.]

Till the time you think of my comments you can do TD of few car which I have mentioned below,

- VW Polo/Vento TSi
- Fiat Punto Abarth
- Fiat Linea Tjet
- Ford Fiesta [I guess petrol variant is available]
- Ford EcoSport
- Hyundai Creata
- Honda City [I guess top AT variant comes with Paddle shift]
- Renault Duster 4x4
- Maruti Suzuki Scross

Till the time you think of my comments you can do TD of few car which I have mentioned below,

- VW Polo/Vento TSi
- Fiat Punto Abarth
- Fiat Linea Tjet
- Ford Fiesta [I guess petrol variant is available]
- Ford EcoSport
- Hyundai Creata
- Honda City [I guess top AT variant comes with Paddle shift]
- Renault Duster 4x4
- Maruti Suzuki Scross
Out of all the above, my take would be only for Fiat Linea Tjet. Its simply a beast and outperforms every other petrol car here.

It also comes with 16 inch alloys, all-round discs, good GC,
and many many features.

Out of all the above, my take would be only for Fiat Linea Tjet. Its simply a beast and outperforms every other petrol car here.

It also comes with 16 inch alloys, all-round discs, good GC,
and many many features.
not at all. when compared to honda city ivtec, the both fiat and honda feels same. but at high revs, honda is best over fiat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom