Hyundai Elite i20 Sportz Diesel vs New Ford Figo TDCi Titanium

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm looking for a new hatchback and I'm very much confused between i20 sports diesel & Ford figo Tdci titanium. my requirement would be as follows.

~ Daily 40Km up & down & a monthly 500km long trip

~ Airbags & ABS are must

~ Good drive dynamics

~ Want to keep the car for long 7 years :)

I'm considerably a new driver and had second hand swift(VXI) for last 6 months and had a fantastic drive time with that, as i've moved form Delhi to Bangalore, i had to sell that off. I liked the swift drive quality very much, but, i can't go with the same looks again.

2 days back i did test drive Ford Figo Tdci Titanium (Hosur), as i read, the engine was amazing, but, what i experienced was stopped me booking the car. The built quality was so poor, the door and glass rattling was so high like 5 years old maruti. The Odometer was not working. The SM who came along apologized and agreed that the rattling was so high for any new car :(

I'm planning to travel from Hosur to Bellandur(Bglr) everyday, plz help me to pick the right one.

PS: I'm new to TAI and this is my first post. Thanks.

Hi All,

I'm looking for a new hatchback and I'm very much confused between i20 sports diesel & Ford figo Tdci titanium. my requirement would be as follows.

~ Daily 40Km up & down & a monthly 500km long trip

~ Airbags & ABS are must

~ Good drive dynamics

~ Want to keep the car for long 7 years :)

I'm considerably a new driver and had second hand swift(VXI) for last 6 months and had a fantastic drive time with that, as i've moved form Delhi to Bangalore, i had to sell that off. I liked the swift drive quality very much, but, i can't go with the same looks again.

2 days back i did test drive Ford Figo Tdci Titanium (Hosur), as i read, the engine was amazing, but, what i experienced was stopped me booking the car. The built quality was so poor, the door and glass rattling was so high like 5 years old maruti. The Odometer was not working. The SM who came along apologized and agreed that the rattling was so high for any new car :(

I'm planning to travel from Hosur to Bellandur(Bglr) everyday, plz help me to pick the right one.

PS: I'm new to TAI and this is my first post. Thanks.
Out of your choices it has to be Hyundai Elite i20 Sportz Diesel all the way as it looks sleek and will age gracefully and its will also be hot in the resale market for a good amount of time and its new age interiors and overall build quality is top notch when compared

By the way i am from hosur too [;)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Out of your choices it has to be Hyundai Elite i20 Sportz Diesel all the way as it looks sleek and will age gracefully and its will also be hot in the resale market for a good amount of time and its new age interiors and overall build quality is top notch when compared

By the way i am from hosur too [;)]
Hi Swift&furious, glad to know that you are from Hosur too. :)

Against i20, the only issue going on my head is, it will be a very common car among crowd. Some may think it's good, but I'm little hesitating. I think I need to fix my mind.

hey tripfox there is around 75K price difference between those two cars you mentioned and i could not confirm presence of EBD in i20 as far as "good driving dynamics" my vote goes for Figo (considering you are going for diesel) others points both cars provide ABS Airbags & looks can be subjective or if you want some thing different try Baleno. my advic will be to test drive both cars back to back you will have your answer

Well Why not look at Honda Jazz it offers the best of both worlds, looks and safety. Great Mileage and 100bhp and Six gears and Honda Badge. if its only between these two Blindly go for I20.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddy, I feel you can go for the Figo. Reason, the size does not matter but the performance does in my view. By this I mean, apparently the Figo is smaller than i20 Elite in size but in performance it is really worth considering and now days maintaining the Ford is quite affordable too.[:)]

Regards

Akash

What a Hyundai gives in the "in-cabin-feel" Dept, I am not sure if any other car can give THAT in THAT price. Up to a speed of 120 kph, I think you may not notice a difference b/w i20 and Figo w r to Driving Dynamics. I also vaguely remember reading that Hyundai has improved the handling of i20 in the recent times.

Check out the braking distance of both cars. It should be "my money, my taste, my interests, my priorities and my happiness" for everyone. Forget about the "very-common-car" feel and go with the i20, if the braking distance of both are within striking distance.

BTW, buying phase is the most fantastic opportunity "to cheat yourself". Drive as many different Cars / Brands as possible before you commit. Once, you buy a car that WINS your heart, you can have it for looooong 10 years too. I would prefer this to changing cars often so that money can well be spent on travel.

Last edited:
I think you should always go for your heart make a list for your priorities then compare both cars i have done the same but i was on a budget around 7 lakh so had the options swift ,grand i10 & figo. after test driving these cars i chose figo & very happy with the choice

Hi Swift&furious, glad to know that you are from Hosur too. :)

Against i20, the only issue going on my head is, it will be a very common car among crowd. Some may think it's good, but I'm little hesitating. I think I need to fix my mind.
There is nothing wrong in being common among the crowd and i own a swift and if you ask if i must be feeling it ? [lol]

I would say No, because finally its the sense of satisfaction you get and having a no non-sense car, i owned a Old swift (LDI) brand new used it for 4.8 Years and sold it and then again bought a Swift (VDI) brand new again, because it suits my use and never had i faced any problem in the last 4.5 Years, whereas there were horror stories which i have heard from SKODA and VW owners might be 1 among thousand's but i didn't want to be the unlucky one [roll]

Its simple though its common if its going to be a no non-sense car for you, go for it, you can still customize it with stickers, 3M's roof tera mastana and up-sized alloys and what not to give it a unique feel to satisfy you

Thread Starter #12
Hi Guys,

Thnx for all the suggestions, i'm going with my heart and going to book my Ford figo Titanium (tuxedo black) tomorrow. As i want Karnataka booking (Dealer is at Hosur, satellite town of Bangalore but comes under Tamilnadu), the cost may vary a bit. Plz help with all the details i should be aware of. Thnx in advance.

~ The dealer is ok with outside insurance (Can save a little) & Free accessories

~ I have to fight for handling charges

Top Bottom