1. space required - As much as possible, I travel to Kolhapur or Shirdi and we have farms there. We bring stuf that grows there. Rice, wheat.. etc.
2. should it be a highway cruiser or go anywhere car - I have Alto for daily travel in city. This will be used only once or twice a month, so a Diesel is risky. I have seen Diesel vehicles just stop for no apperent reason. Then a mech has to be called to repair it. Too risky at night or unpopulated places. And a Second hand Diesel, means disaster waiting to happen.
3. What kind of mileage are you expecting out of it. - Not a rich person, but on CNG short trips should not matter much. on some Saturdays - Lonavala, Alibaug etc. Long trips to Kolhapur or Shirdi 2 - 3 times a year.
4. Maintenance cost - should be reasonable.
5. Budget you have already mentioned (yep 2L recommended, 3L is limit, I dont want to take loan for buying a car).
6. are you going to overspeed in this car or just use is to carry materials. - 120 on highway, will mostly be with whole family in it. Me and only my wife can go in alto, but with Dad & Mom included, with luggage cant fit in the alto.
Currently - Swift dezires are just falling in my budget. If any one can post boot space with CNG tank please post.
Honda City - lots of old ones are available from Rs 1.5 L to 3 L. with CNG. If any one can post boot space with CNG tank, it will help.
ETIOS - I have to part with it, as these are cheap when new, but too costly 2nd hand
Any other cars ? On road there are so many Sedans.
Corolla H1 and H2 are available for real cheap, but will eventually make me poor. Please comment on this. Some people say these are cheap to repair and maintain, some say its a premium car and is costly to maintain.
Are Carewale, cardekho and other similar sites any good ?