Which Hatchback To Go For? Budget Rs.5.5 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hi fellow petrol heads

I have finally decided to upgrade from my beloved Maruti 800 and planning to buy a new hatchback. But I'm confused between zica, alto k10, figo, celerio, grand i10 .

Here are the details:

> Budget: 5.5 LAKH on road appx
> New or Used: New
> Location: Ludhiana, Punjab
> Top Five Priorities: Hassle free ownership, Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design
> Monthly Running: 600 km
> Type of Fuel: petrol
> Purpose: Regular Use, Occasional weekend trips
> Seating Capacity: 5
> Type of Segment: hatchback

I'm personally inclined towards zica or figo going by the awesome reviews, but my recent visit to the two tata dealerships and in ludhiana have got me bit worried as the sales people looked and behaved unlike other brands and were very less aware about the features.
I'm worried if it's the same case with A.S.S too.
Overall, i'm looking for a vfm package with hassle-free ownership, safety and comfort as my top priorities.

Can you guys please help me out ?

Also, for my fellow ludhianvis, will highly appreciate if you can pour in your suggestions or help with the dealers.

Thanks

try figo first.g to Bhagat ford. i am using Diesel Figo its awesome havn't tried Petrol but it offers you some safety feature even in base variant like Driver side airbag which you will only find in top models in cars from your list

Thread Starter #3
try figo first.g to Bhagat ford. i am using Diesel Figo its awesome havn't tried Petrol but it offers you some safety feature even in base variant like Driver side airbag which you will only find in top models in cars from your list
Thanks Sandy!
I'm bothered about the after sales maintenance of ford. I've heard fords are a bit too expensive to maintain after 3-4 years. Thoughts?

Also how's your service experience with Bhagat ford.

Hi fellow petrol heads

I have finally decided to upgrade from my beloved Maruti 800 and planning to buy a new hatchback. But I'm confused between zica, alto k10, figo, celerio, grand i10 .

Here are the details:

> Budget: 5.5 LAKH on road appx
> New or Used: New
> Location: Ludhiana, Punjab
> Top Five Priorities: Hassle free ownership, Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design
> Monthly Running: 600 km
> Type of Fuel: petrol
> Purpose: Regular Use, Occasional weekend trips
> Seating Capacity: 5
> Type of Segment: hatchback

I'm personally inclined towards zica or figo going by the awesome reviews, but my recent visit to the two tata dealerships and in ludhiana have got me bit worried as the sales people looked and behaved unlike other brands and were very less aware about the features.
I'm worried if it's the same case with A.S.S too.
Overall, i'm looking for a vfm package with hassle-free ownership, safety and comfort as my top priorities.

Also, for my fellow ludhianvis, will highly appreciate if you can pour in your suggestions or help with the dealers.

Thanks
Getting acquainted with a good service manager will help a lot in case of Tata. Even for many Maruti service centers, getting acquainted with a good manager is necessary.

Thread Starter #5
Getting acquainted with a good service manager will help a lot in case of Tata. Even for many Maruti service centers, getting acquainted with a good manager is necessary.
Thanks Djbro

I've heard quite a lot that Tata has improved on the maintenance experience both in terms of their service personnel and qaulity of equipments.
How has your ur experience been in that regard.

Thanks Djbro

I've heard quite a lot that Tata has improved on the maintenance experience both in terms of their service personnel and qaulity of equipments.
How has your ur experience been in that regard.
Yes they have improved much better than before, especially in the South.
We had an Indica and a Nano. The last time we gave them for service, the service quality was good with reasonably priced spare parts and repair works.
They even did a thorough interior cleaning and polishing for free.
Now, the newly opened showrooms are much better than the older showrooms and service centers. They have younger and well behaved employees.
I don't have any Tata car with me though. But I can be confident enough to say that most of my future cars will be from the Indian giant brand.

Thread Starter #7
Yes they have improved much better than before, especially in the South.
We had an Indica and a Nano. The last time we gave them for service, the service quality was good with reasonably priced spare parts and repair works.
They even did a thorough interior cleaning and polishing for free.
In that case, I think I too should be have Zica as the first option considering its VFM package.

Thanks
So the best option as per your expectation will be the ford figo. It is a VFM package, has good safety features and has good comfort too. Also Ford has considerably reduced the maintenance costs. They have also introduced "child parts". So if a damage occurs, the particular part can be replaced instead of the full part. Google this for more info.

The next in line would be Bolt, not zica. I would suggest you to take Bolt which is a overall VFM package with all the required features. The tata services in major cities is also good and I don't see any bolt/zest owners complaining about the after-sales services.

So the best option as per your expectation will be the ford figo. It is a VFM package, has good safety features and has good comfort too. Also Ford has considerably reduced the maintenance costs. They have also introduced "child parts". So if a damage occurs, the particular part can be replaced instead of the full part. Google this for more info.

The next in line would be Bolt, not zica. I would suggest you to take Bolt which is a overall VFM package with all the required features. The tata services in major cities is also good and I don't see any bolt/zest owners complaining about the after-sales services.
Bolt has the better pair of engines and space, but as an all new car, the Kite has much more storage spaces and is as much value as the Bolt, given that it will be priced much lower than the Bolt.
The Kite doesn't have as much legroom as the Bolt, but it is as spacious as the Grand i10 as I have mentioned in my preview.
So ultimately it is the choice of engines which can be decided only after a back-to-back test drive.
@Pardeep ji, take a good, long test drive of both, the Bolt and Kite (ex-Zica), then choose the car which satisfies you.

Thread Starter #10

Thanks nag2fat bro!

Bolt has the better pair of engines and space, but as an all new car, the Kite has much more storage spaces and is as much value as the Bolt, given that it will be priced much lower than the Bolt.
The Kite doesn't have as much legroom as the Bolt, but it is as spacious as the Grand i10 as I have mentioned in my preview.
So ultimately it is the choice of engines which can be decided only after a back-to-back test drive.
@Pardeep ji, take a good, long test drive of both, the Bolt and Kite (ex-Zica), then choose the car which satisfies you.
Thanks DJBro! I agree, comparing them after test drive will be helpful.

Regarding, there's a significant cost difference between the Top End Zica and Bold XMS, so couldnt stretch that ar even if I want to.!

Thanks

I am also looking for a car around 4-5.
Some of my picks are
Grand i10(offers upto 30000 till February 15th)
Celerio (no discounts)
K10(got discounts)

My usage
-Hilly area with poor roads.
-will be travelling mainly in lower gears. Upto 3rd.
-rear seat should be comfortable. As it's For my family esp my parents.
Decent fuel economy.
My height is 5.4.The car should have a decent driver seat position.

Please help me pick the most suitable car

Yes. I agree with the Zica. But at present there are huge discounts offered on Bolt. More monies can be saved. What extra can we get in bolt? An extra cylinder, extra space and a bigger car. Thats why I suggested Bolt. Zica, being a new car, we can't expect any discounts.

I am also looking for a car around 4-5.
Some of my picks are
Grand i10(offers upto 30000 till February 15th)
Celerio (no discounts)
K10(got discounts)

My usage
-Hilly area with poor roads.
-will be travelling mainly in lower gears. Upto 3rd.
-rear seat should be comfortable. As it's For my family esp my parents.
Decent fuel economy.
My height is 5.4.The car should have a decent driver seat position.

Please help me pick the most suitable car
The best option here is grand i10. It feels peppy enough in hilly areas. The ground clearance of grand i10 is good enough to handle bad roads.

Which has better ground clearance?
K10,celerio or grand i10.roads are very bad here, unpaved roads too. And How's grand i10 real mileage?

BTW it will b my first car

Top Bottom