Confused Between Creta 1.6 SX & Duster 110 Explore Edition & XUV500 W4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi All ,

I am planning to purchase new car by mid March 2015 , getting confused between Creta 1.6 SX & Duster 110 Explore Edition & XUV 500 ( w4). Each have it's own benefits .
Creta 1.6 SX
Good-- New model , long feature list , service center near home , easy availability of spare parts
-ve -- Price ( ~13.2L) , availability , costly service
Duster 110 Explore addition
Good -- Ground clearance , boot space, Price ( ~12.2L) , availability , cruise control , speed limiter
-ve -- Old model , few service center , due for model change next year
XUV 500 ( W4)
Good-- spacious , good boot space with 5 seats , service center nearby , price ( 12.5L)
-ve -- Less FE , less features, needs lot of after-market accessories.

Currently I owned Verna transform 1.5 L diesel which crossed 1L KM in 5 years . My monthly travel is ~2000KM with around 1200 KM highway drive.
Most of time travel involve 2-3 person.
My budget was around 11.5L but based on above choices need to increase it till 12.5.

Last edited:
Re: Confused between Creta 1.6 SX & Duster 110 Explore Edition & XUV 500 ( w4)

Hi,

Why not an Ertiga? We own one, 66k on odo in 2.5 yrs. 0 niggles. 7 seater. If 3rd row is not in use, 2nd row will get lump-sum of space. New variant is SHVS with auto start/stop in traffic. Mileage around 20 on highway's. Maruti service best in market. Moreover you need not stretch budget. Just my suggestion.

Re: Confused between Creta 1.6 SX & Duster 110 Explore Edition & XUV 500 ( w4)

Hi All ,
My budget was around 11.5L but based on above choices need to increase it till 12.5.
If ground clearance, ride quality, safety are your concerns,
Ford Ecosport or Fiat Avventura should be ideal for you, Check Honda BRV & Brezza too.

Hi,
Why not an Ertiga?
Because a seven seater is not required for 3 travelers.

I will prefer Duster Explore edition-My friend has it and its a VFM in market.
Renault aftersales and service-i would rate 7/10
Cons-imited service centres.

Other than that ,engine is trouble free, regular maintenance charges are moderate.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for your replies .
Ertiga is out due to MUV look , Ecosport , Vitara Brezza are out duet to small size and Avventura is out due to service station , spare part availability.
After driving Verna 1.5L engine , going to 1.3L engine looks downgrade.

After driving Verna 1.5 L engine , 1.3 L engine from looks downgrade , so left MUV/CUV with 1.3L engine.
Ecosport also have service center & small size issue.

Hi All ,

I am planning to purchase new car by mid March 2015 , getting confused between Creta 1.6 SX & Duster 110 Explore Edition & XUV 500 ( w4). Each have it's own benefits .
Creta 1.6 SX
Good-- New model , long feature list , service center near home , easy availability of spare parts
-ve -- Price ( ~13.2L) , availability , costly service
Duster 110 Explore addition
Good -- Ground clearance , boot space, Price ( ~12.2L) , availability , cruise control , speed limiter
-ve -- Old model , few service center , due for model change next year
XUV 500 ( W4)
Good-- spacious , good boot space with 5 seats , service center nearby , price ( 12.5L)
-ve -- Less FE , less features, needs lot of after-market accessories.

Currently I owned Verna transform 1.5 L diesel which crossed 1L KM in 5 years . My monthly travel is ~2000KM with around 1200 KM highway drive.
I will not suggest Ertiga as this is 1.3 diesel, kind of downgrade for you. As you are currently driving a Verna 1.6 Diesel.

Out of the three, i will suggest XUV W4 as its VFM and bigger among your shortlisted car. You travel more on highway so a comfortable and cruiser is best for you.

Did you test drive the Safari storme. VX is out of your budget but still EX & LX are within your budget.

I will suggest take test drive of the three on highway and then decide.
Also test drive the safari storme as well.

Thread Starter #7
Hi Kalinga ,

My BIL had Safari 2 years back and it gave a lot of issues due to that no-one want 1 more safari or even Tata vehicle. XUV W6 was my choice but it going too much out of budget so was planning for W4.
Will check for discounts on duster 110 explore addition this weekend , checked it last month and they were providing free insurance.
Can someone share sevicing cost for Duster & XUV ?
Creta servicing cost will be around 5-8K as per Hundai service advisor

Hello All,
This is my first post in TAI after completing my registration process and I couldn't be more happier to be part of this forum and get connected with the like minded vehicle enthusiasts.

I currently own a Toyota and was in a similar dilemma, with the Mahindra XUV 500 making a strong statement in my mind & heart to go ahead with it. The reasons are fairly simple and practical. With a similar price range across the 3 mentioned models, the XUV is more spacious, has a smoother refined engine, better service network, better value for money and last but not the least, it has a very good road presence as well :)

Cheers !!!

The best option is Duster. Among the three, duster has brilliant suspensions that can soak bumps without even a vibration or jerk to the cabin. The 1.5 engine is also a proven workhorse. See the logans in road with more than 2 lakh kms in ODO and still running fuss free. If you are looking for frequent highway drives, I would suggest 110 PS version. Else 90 PS version does the job very well and you can expect good FE figures too.

Creta has the best interiors, NVH and long feature list. But the ride quality is not comparable to duster. And for XUV, I would suggest W6 variant and it will not fit in our budget. Hence Duster is the best deal here.

Thread Starter #10
I will check availability for Duster 110 Explore addition as it have cruise control which is good to use on NH1. Only doubt in my mind for duster is it's service cost & cost of spares.
Fuel economy wise I think duster & Creta will be same.
For my hometown roads , duster will suit more due to high GC as compare to creta.
I am also waiting for new Duster which will unveil today at Auto-Expo

I will check availability for Duster 110 Explore addition as it have cruise control which is good to use on NH1. Only doubt in my mind for duster is it's service cost & cost of spares.
Fuel economy wise I think duster & Creta will be same.
For my hometown roads , duster will suit more due to high GC as compare to creta.
I am also waiting for new Duster which will unveil today at Auto-Expo
Renault's service is not that bad. I see many duster owners satisfactory with the level of services provided. Also the cost of spares will be nominal. Not much high. The duster is robust, which will suit all kind of roads.

Buddy Service cost of XUV will be lower as compared to Creta cost of XUV ia 2500 rs excluding labor charges. i will suggest you to TD them Back to back if you are travelling on smooth road XUV is the one for you. Good Engine, Excellent Space but if you are planning for after-market accessories i would suggest you to go for W6.

If online 2 to 3 persons area going's to travel then 1.3 can't be called as downgrade.It can be rathe labelled as 'suitable '

Renault has unveiled easyR AT Duster today. Do check that alo.

Thread Starter #14
Hi $@ndy , I think you have XUV 500 as shown in your profile pics. Can you please confirm Highway & city mileage of XUV 500 & it's servicing cost at 20K , 30 K.
@Tornado -- I was planning for Vitara Brezza but it is a segment low in size which I am looking for as I travel with baby so need more luggage space.
Duster 90 PS do not have ABS/EBD in RXL & RXL (O) cost around 110 RxL so was more inclined towards 110 RxL but 110 Explore edition fullfil other requirement of cruise control so checking availability of 110 Explore edition. I need to register my new vehicle from HP & only 3 dealers are present in HP state.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I will suggest going in for the XUV. Better save in for W6 if possible.
XUV has one of the best 2.2 Engines on offer and very nice 6 speed 'box. You'll love it if you enjoy spirited driving. Better grab it before Govt bans all good engines in India.

Creta is quite overpriced for what it offers and just 5 seats.
Duster is a second option, but quite dated now and could be due to replacement anytime. Better not go for a dud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom