Tata Zest or Figo Aspire - Help!

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys,

I'm planning to upgrade my car in next couple of months. After some research I have short listed Tata Zest XT, Ford Figo Aspire Titanium & Maruti Ertiga Vxi but can't finalize one!

Budget:*Max strech upto 8 Lakhs
New or Used:*New Car
Top Five Priorities:
1. Decent fuel efficiency & low/easy maintenance
2. Should comfort 3 adults in rear seat
3. Good/adequate safety features
4. Drivability - Easy maneuverable in city traffic & decent performance on highways
5. Good fit & finish
Monthly Running:*800km
Type of Fuel:*Petrol
What Purpose:*Everyday commute in the city, occasional drive on highways
Seating Capacity:*Should comfort 5 adults
Type of Segment:*Compact sedan or MUV

I'm inclined towards Zest as it ticks all my priorities. Plus, most of the reviews have been positive about the car. I feel it's a true VFM car. But my family is against it due to it's brand name and for its average looks.

Figo Aspire too meets all my requirements except the maintainance as it's on a higher side. It has the killer looks in the segment according to me. But most of the reviews praises say that the petrol version is not as good as it's diesel.

Ertiga was my last minute inclusion. Similar to Zest, it meets all my requirements. But it is beyond my budget at this point of time.

Please help me choosing the right one.

Thanks,
Arun

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi Arun, In between Zest and Aspire I will suggest you to opt for Zest. Reason being, Aspire's rear seat lacks space for 3 pax. The transmission tunnel in rear does not leave ample space for 3rd pax. The rear seat of Aspire lacks under-thigh support. Apart from this, if you are around 6ft or more then you'll need to push the driver's seat back which won't leave legroom for the passenger sitting right behind you.

Regards

Akash

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
don't go for ertiga. petrol is underpowered.
between the zest and the aspire , zest is better for its feature plus the better handling.

check the screenshot of maintenance of aspire. i saw this parts comparison between desire and the aspire in ford showroom. believe me most of the parts cost exactly the same as the desire. maruti is known for cheap maintenance( not my thinking but many would agree) and that's why ford compared parts with the desire.

Attachments

I got my Zest XMS Rev Petrol 15 days back. Have done 1500 kms till date. The engine is really great. In city I am getting a mileage of 13 and higways I am getting of 20 which will increase after serive. The Rear seat is really spacious my mother my wife my 2 kids aged 7 and 3 can sit comfortable in the back seat. Esp my mother she loves the sofa seat.

As far as the brand is considered they are changing, I have got many calls from the showroom National Automobiles Pune to check if any problems with vehicle and if customer is happy.

I would suggest take a TD with complete family of both the vehicles. I am sure Zest will not disappoint you.

Hi would suggest you the Zest XT RT for 7.41 OTR. You get bang for the buck. the car in diesel and petrol is a one of the first Tata product who do not have any issues. I would ask you to go for it with full confidence.

with regards to ASS you identify the best ASS in the town and build relationship with the incharge. It will definitely help you.

If you are looking for Petrol head then YES! ZEST IS THE BEST among these two.
15" alloys with 9th gen BOSCH ABS gives more stability and good handling on corners.

ASPIRE front and rear looks good, but the skinny 14" wheels damages the look. The interior are great to feel and finish.

On the other hand ZEST has mug up almost everything to keep ahead of all in the competition.

If you are buying ZEST then think of top variant to avail all features of the wonderful car.

Thread Starter #7
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. Your recommendation of Zest gave me even more confidence on my choice (Zest). I think couple of test drives and the responses here should convince my family to go for Zest.. [:)]

Thanks,
Arun

You have selected the two of the best sub 4 meter sedans available now. If you love driving fast and are impatient when overtaking then Aspire is the car for you. On the other hand if you want comfort and a light clutch with a ground clearance like an SUV then its the Zest. Also rear seat of zest is higher so ingress and egress is easy and being a wider seat 3 people are easily accommodated.

don't go for ertiga. petrol is underpowered.
between the zest and the aspire , zest is better for its feature plus the better handling.

check the screenshot of maintenance of aspire. i saw this parts comparison between desire and the aspire in ford showroom. believe me most of the parts cost exactly the same as the desire. maruti is known for cheap maintenance( not my thinking but many would agree) and that's why ford compared parts with the desire.
Hey AllHyundaiCars, here are some facts and figure which shows that Ertiga petrol is not underpowered. It is one of the Best in MPV segment, mind it, much stable at high speeds then Innova. You can cruise along the road all day at maintaining 120+ speed and it won't let you down, giving you a decent mileage of 13- 15 kmpl on highways.
Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 7.52.20 PM.png

Arunks Zest is very nice car and has really awesome Turbo-Charged petrol engine. It is every petrol heads fantasy, but do read some reviews and compare them with other cars. Zest is perfect in terms of comfort levels too, cabin is spacious, and silent.
On the Other hands, Ertiga would take you to next level of Comfort. Occasional 7 seater, where if you fold last seat you will get acres of space for your luggage. Reclining Backseat is a boon for long drives. Also you get decent leg space.

The best would be Zest. For your budget, you can go for the top end of Zest. It has a good ride quality and a strong build. The revotron has a good low end performance. The steering is gives good feedback.

And not to confuse you. As you are looking for petrol, why can't you check out Honda petrols? Ivtec is a gem of petrol engines.

As you said you need a petrol mill, go for Zest.
In case you want a diesel mill, go for Aspire.

I am just too confident about my verdict.[;)]
Ertiga comes into picture only if you require a Maruti or a 7-seater.

@ArunKS

Petrol - Then Zest for sure. It'll seat 3 in rear seat easily, have decent equipment list(even better, but I'm too lazy to give you any links! [:D]) and with ongoing discounts, Zest is much much much much.............. better choice. Reason why I put too many much is, Figo's Petrol engine is just ok when compared against Zest! And Figo can't hold candle to Zest when it comes the awesome Harman Audio!!!!!

One of my friend bought Zest XMS for some time and he is very happy with it. Go for Zest and as far as brand name is concerned i have been using Safari Storme happily from last 3 years without any issue.

Thread Starter #15
The best would be Zest. For your budget, you can go for the top end of Zest. It has a good ride quality and a strong build. The revotron has a good low end performance. The steering is gives good feedback.

And not to confuse you. As you are looking for petrol, why can't you check out Honda petrols? Ivtec is a gem of petrol engines.
nag2fat, thank you for your suggestion. I did thought of Amaze & Jazz too. Ruled out Amaze simply because of it's lack of features. It's too basic even for a compact sedan. Today some of the hatchbacks come with better features than Amaze. Honda need to look at their competitors and upgrade themselves. Jazz on the other hand is an excellent car according to me. But it loses out to Zest from sheer VFM perspective. Top variant of Jazz demands a premium which is out of my budget. But I agree their ivtec engines are the best in business.

Top Bottom