Maruti Alto VXi, K10 or Renault Kwid

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
One of my close relative asking me to recommend him a small Car. His options are either Maruti Alto VXi or K10 VXi.

Alto VXi Costs here (ex-show room price) Rs.3.47L (Rs.3.66L with Airbag option) and K10 VXi costs around 3.77 L (add around 40/42000 for Tax and Insurance etc).

I have told him to check for Renault Kwid which is more comfortable than Maruti's small cars (ex Showroom price Rs.3.68L for RXT Opt)

But the main problem is that Renault showroom is around 40kms(one way) away from my place whereas Maruti showroom just 2km away. He is bit worried about after sales service as covering 80kms for each service which he feels waste of time and money.!!

Bit of a confusion - any suggestions[confused]

I do not understand do always bigger size car gives comfort? I mean in size only. French cars are way behind Japanese cars, my opinion Alto K10 with driver air bag.

Thread Starter #3

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I do not understand do always bigger size car gives comfort? I mean in size only. French cars are way behind Japanese cars, my opinion Alto K10 with driver air bag.
Thanks for your reply. Its not mainly the size but I felt that leg room in Kwid especially rear is more comfortable than in Maruti 800's (its just my opinion please...)

Thread Starter #5

Nairrk

Honoured Member
kwid will be best but as you said maruti showroom is near to you so go for k10
Yes, that's the main worry as Servicing will be a concern if the Showroom/Service centre is far away from home. Thats the reason my guy prefer to go in for Maruti. But like me, couple of other people also suggested him to try others like Kwid, Eon etc..

@nairrk, Go for Kwid,if it is available right away.I heard the waiting period had gone to 9 months.40 kms for service is not an issue,you go only 3 times in an year maximum. Kwid parts are locally made.So no issue of service charges too.

Thread Starter #7

Nairrk

Honoured Member
@nairrk, Go for Kwid,if it is available right away.I heard the waiting period had gone to 9 months.40 kms for service is not an issue,you go only 3 times in an year maximum. Kwid parts are locally made.So no issue of service charges too.
Yes, waiting period is high now. They estimate around 6 months but says that Renault is planning to increase production hence the waiting period may come down, but no guarantee as of now.

40kms is not an issue but it takes almost one hour to reach (traffic is high in some places enroute) and then need to wait till the service is over which means till evening... (or come back home by bus and then go back to them again on bus, incase not willing to wait there till the service is over). Probably, will lose one day for this servicing business. !!

Thread Starter #8

Nairrk

Honoured Member
One of my friend just came to my home for a visit on his Maruti Alto 800 LXi which he bought couple of months back. My relative who was with me have seen the Car fully and seems he got some liking of the car. My friend paid Rs.215,000 after exchanging his 3 year old 800(exchange price Rs.160,000) which means the total works out to Rs.375,000

Anyway, I have suggested my relative(brother-in-law) to visit the showroom and see more models (Vxi version and Alto K10 models) prior taking a final decision..

(I have suggested to him to go for Alto VXi with Airbag by paying another 30/35000,if at all he is happy with Maruti)[roll]

Kwid now has a long waiting period. I would suggest Wagonr. It is spacious than the k10 and has same peppy performance as K10 does. It is a tall boy and ingress and egress for elderly will be easy compared to K10 or kwid. However the budget would come to 5 lakhs. So if budget is a concern, the next in line would be the K10. Go for the variant with airbags.

Thread Starter #10

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Kwid now has a long waiting period. I would suggest Wagonr. It is spacious than the k10 and has same peppy performance as K10 does. It is a tall boy and ingress and egress for elderly will be easy compared to K10 or kwid. However the budget would come to 5 lakhs. So if budget is a concern, the next in line would be the K10. Go for the variant with airbags.
Yes, He wants to be under Rs.5 L (all inclusive, may be some extra fitting....), otherwise I would have also recommended Ford Figo.!!!

Yes, waiting period is high now. They estimate around 6 months but says that Renault is planning to increase production hence the waiting period may come down, but no guarantee as of now.

40kms is not an issue but it takes almost one hour to reach (traffic is high in some places enroute) and then need to wait till the service is over which means till evening... (or come back home by bus and then go back to them again on bus, incase not willing to wait there till the service is over). Probably, will lose one day for this servicing business. !!
I see that the Renault service center for Kannur is in Thottatada,so as per your statement,the owner must be somewhere in Payyannur or Iritty .There will be definitely pick up and drop for these places.

Yes, He wants to be under Rs.5 L (all inclusive, may be some extra fitting....), otherwise I would have also recommended Ford Figo.!!!
Then the better option would be alto k10. If you friend is ok with the long waiting period, then you can go ahead with Kwid. But remember, k10's engine is better than the Kwid's one.

Thread Starter #13

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I see that the Renault service center for Kannur is in Thottatada,so as per your statement,the owner must be somewhere in Payyannur or Iritty .There will be definitely pick up and drop for these places.
We are in Payyanur and Payyanur to Thottada is around 45kms one way.

All the showroom guys promise pick up and drop service but that will eventually limit for first couple of services or the maximum 'free service' period. Thereafter, they will have various reasons to avoid the pick up/drop service.

When I purchased the Ford Fiesta (Ford show room also in Kannur) the showroom guys promised me pick up and drop service, but after 2nd service they said the mechanic who used to pick my car has gone to the Gulf and all others are very busy or short of staff etc etc. I personally took the car for the 3rd service and I lost the full day plus around Rs.350/400 worth petrol (to cover 82kms)...

So, we want to avoid such excercise again hence the option now limited with Maruti only.!!

Thread Starter #14

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Then the better option would be alto k10. If you friend is ok with the long waiting period, then you can go ahead with Kwid. But remember, k10's engine is better than the Kwid's one.
Thanks. We are now comparing the models like.. Alto 800 LXI/VXI (with airbag), Alto K10 VXi and Wagon R. Lets see which one we can short- list.!!

We are in Payyanur and Payyanur to Thottada is around 45kms one way.

All the showroom guys promise pick up and drop service but that will eventually limit for first couple of services or the maximum 'free service' period. Thereafter, they will have various reasons to avoid the pick up/drop service.

When I purchased the Ford Fiesta (Ford show room also in Kannur) the showroom guys promised me pick up and drop service, but after 2nd service they said the mechanic who used to pick my car has gone to the Gulf and all others are very busy or short of staff etc etc. I personally took the car for the 3rd service and I lost the full day plus around Rs.350/400 worth petrol (to cover 82kms)...

So, we want to avoid such excercise again hence the option now limited with Maruti only.!!
Got your point.If the total allocated cost is 5 lacs,can you check if Celerio VXI comes in the picture?It is a new vehicle compared to Wagon R.gives better mileage too.Wagon R VXi will be full option in this case.

Top Bottom