Confused Between Tata Bolt and Tiago

Thread Starter #1
Hi, I am in the market to buy a hatch. I will be using this for around 6-7 years. Actually I planned to buy zica, but with the current offers, I can get a bolt xms for the expected price of zica!
BOLT XMS
2. Proben engine.
Dislikes:
1. Same Old design
2. Low boot space.
3. Concern over resale value.
Zica
2. Okish boot space.
3. Looks good compared with bolt.
Dislikes:
1. New 3-cylinder engine: concerns over reliability.
2. Low power/torque than bolt.
3. Rear seat not good as bolt.

Re: Confused Between Tata Bolt and Zica

I would say Bolt. Only thing that may working against it is the current shape that looks like vista and probability that the car may be in for revamp in near future.

What kind of discount are you getting?

As of now we haven't seen Zica and we are not aware about the price. If the discount is too high then Bolt might make sense.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks.
1. If I opt for bolt, I will be buying xms variant which has smaller tyres(175/65 R14) compared with xt (175/65 R15) and they have steel rims. I would like to swap tyres and rim with xt. How much will it cost?
2. How much will it cost for reverse sensor?
3. Going through the posts in various threads, I got to know that dealers quite a bit more for insurance. So I wish to opt out. What are my options?
4. I will be adding seat cover and steering wrap. Which material is good and economical?
This will be my first car purchase. I just applied for my driving classes(though my father drives quite long). Being new to driving, will it be difficult for me to handle this car? Or will it harm engine if I practise driving in a new car?

What kind of discount are you getting?

As of now we haven't seen Zica and we are not aware about the price. If the discount is too high then Bolt might make sense.
Total offer for bolt is 90k (exchange offer+cash discount+corporate discount). Also there is an offer for government employees. I will be visiting showrooms on monday. Will update the final discount. The onroad price of bolt xms diesel is 7,56,000, of which 6500 is handling charges(can we negotiate?) And I may save 1-2k if I get insurance outside.
BTW what is corporate discount?

Last edited by a moderator:

@Ponbaarathi:

1) It should cost you hardly 15-20k for the swap considering the buy back for your current tyres and decent quality rims.

2) 2500 bucks for good quality sensors.

3) you can buy the insurance on your own. Take care that you select right amount of IDV along with correct selection of add-ons.

4) I guess good quality leather items will do.

Nothing is gonna harm your car until you drive it sanely. Even new drivers can also drive well; you just need to be slow until your reflexes are trained. Follow the right practice's and there won't be any issues at all.

Thread Starter #7
@Ponbaarathi:
3) you can buy the insurance on your own. Take care that you select right amount of IDV along with correct selection of add-ons.
Thanks for your reply. Apart from dealer what are my options to buy insurance??online or some other mean? Even agents charge a bit higher rite?

Just now saw that xms variant dont have rear defogger and wiper. Can we install them? And is that necessary?

Last edited by a moderator:

go for Bolt because it is being offered with hefty discounts as zica being a new car would not come with any discount. not wanting to add to confusion but you can also check Figo titanium for this kind of budget

I understand that current offer on Bolt is excellent. Still, I will suggest you to wait. Let the Zica price be announced. You never know that we might get a sweet surprise.

You are opting for diesel and Zica diesel reviews are good. Figo Titanium will cost more but you need not to change the tyres in that. If you consider Figo Trend then it will be almost same. No need to change tyre in trend as well. Finally I would suggest to keep all 3 options open and decide once zica price is introduced. Happy shopping.

Hi, I am in the market to buy a hatch. I will be using this for around 6-7 years. Actually I planned to buy zica, but with the current offers, I can get a bolt xms for the expected price of zica!
BOLT XMS
2. Proben engine.
Dislikes:
1. Same Old design
2. Low boot space.
3. Concern over resale value.
Zica
2. Okish boot space.
3. Looks good compared with bolt.
Dislikes:
1. New 3-cylinder engine: concerns over reliability.
2. Low power/torque than bolt.
3. Rear seat not good as bolt.
I would suggest you to wait till the Zica is launched. I think they are probably tuning the Zica engines better based on the feedback on the reviews.
I don't think there will be any reliability issues since the engines are based on the heavily modified TATA CR4 engines, adding to the fact that the Zica prototypes have been tested for around 3L kilometres.
But if you want better rear seat and more power, the Bolt is great VFM.
But let's wait till they launch the Zica.

Thread Starter #12

Yeah, even I planned to wait till zica launch. But I am worried about:
1.If zica is priced much lower things will be fine. But what if zica's top variant is price at north of 7L? It will be same as bolt xms with today's offer. So nolt makes sense rite? A vfm factor, more space, proven engine
2. If current offers for bolt gets over at the time of launch of zica, and if zica priced similarly, I will have to buy a car with less power or space with a similar price tag?[frustration]

Don't worry the offers you are telling are there from a very long time and after Zica launch you might get better discount.

Zica top variant should not be around Bolt XMS however as loaded to gills it make a good case to own and the engine is not bad as lot are saying. Yes it's tuned for better efficiency not outright performance but a good capable motor.

I would say wait till price announces and then take the decision.

The corporate discount is for employees from corporate houses

Thread Starter #14

1. Manufactures have increased the car prices from january. If I buy a 2015 manufactured car, will I have to pay the increased amount or the old amount?
2. Should I pay handling and logistic charges?
3. Upon asking a dealer about 2015 models, he said that car manufacturers wont manufacture any cars in December so I should get a september-november car. How far is it true?

Last edited:

1 you will pay 2015 price as i am getting 2015 made car with 2015 price.
2. Depends how you negotiate
3 not true

Top Bottom