Nissan X-Trail or Honda CR-V: Advice Required

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,
Hope You all are fine. I am planning to buy a pre-owned compact suv in india but is confused over the available options, Would anybody pls help me to finalize this case. The car will be used for less than 200kms a month & one or two long trips an year. The options I got are:
1. Nissan X-trail:
Diesel engine, Good GC, 4WD. decent mileage, easy to drive.
Cons:
High maintenance costs(not sure but got this info from various auto forum on the internet), scarcity of parts in India, bad service from nissan outlets (from the same sources) & most fierce one is the complaint from multiple x-trail owners (most of the vehicles were 2004-2008 models) about the premature (as below as 50k kms) clutch failure & a blown-up turbocharger, which cost around 1.5lks for the replacement, which is too much for a Japanese make. Pretty decent cars (2004-2008) models are available a way below 10lks. Seeing all these I couldn't take a decision, fearing ending up with a stranded car & an astronomical service bill; please advise.
2. Honda CR-V
Pros: Proven reliability, Peace of mind, executive styling etc
Cons: Petrol engine (suicidal considering the fuel costs in India), not sure about the service & parts cost but expecting to below as its a petrol engine. Considering that the usage is low I don't think the fuel cost will be a strong factor in the decision making process.

NB: Sorry for making a long post. Expecting your valuable advise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Honda CR-V eyes closed among the two. Nissan's ASC is the biggest issue. Neither they have good networks of service centers nor do they have parts available in their stores. After buying any car for that matter, the owner's prime concern is to maintain it and in Nissan's case, the after sales is highly questionable. I am sure, people who own Terrano/Sunny also would be facing issues in parts/servicing. Honda on the other hand has better ASC network and service and their parts might be tad bit pricey but are easily attainable.

Regards

Akash

CR-V all the way. You will get good deals in CR-V in used markets. Also your usage is very low. For 200 kms per month, you will not be spending too much on fuel costs. So diesel is not required. As Akash said, Nissan ASC is a big issue. My friends are not satisfied with the ASC for the service of their micra and sunny.

Go for CRV. Get the any-time warranty. You can get the peace of mind.

Top Bottom