Suggestions Required To Buy Maruti Ertiga

Thread Starter #1
Hi Experts.
Our present cat Is TATA IndigoCS TDI – 2008. I am very much satisfied by its performance during my ownership of 5.6 years. Only reason to let it go is the seating capacity.
We are planning to buy Maruti Ertiga from a budget of 11L. Our yearly run is approximately 6000kms of which 95% is on highway. So I need valuable suggestions and inputs in this regard.
1. Which should I for? Petrol or Diesel.
2. Should I increase my budget a little bit for top model or stick to 2nd top.
3. Is this the right time to buy or I should wait for 3-4 months for a better offer.
Any another point?
Thanks.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
With your usage petrol will suit you the best. No point spending extra 1 lakh for the diesel variant.
And since your usage is on highway the mileage will be good.

The only problem you can get in ertiga is overtaking. The petrol engine isn't that powerful for its size but yeah you will get habitual so buy the petrol.

And you will get some discounts on 2015 model. Bargain hard and choose thr variant you think fulfills your requirements.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Allhyundaicars.
The performance shown is 13.5kmpl for ERTIGA VXI. Is this the overall mileage or it increase on highway. My average speed on highway is 90kmph. How much can I expect at this speed.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
you should get similar mileage figures. max i think would be 15 kmpl. but wait for petrol ertiga owners to answer.

and i just saw the brochure. vxi and zxi cost difference is 60k rs. and the only features zxi has over vxi are alloy wheels , rear defogger and rear wiper and height adjustable seats [surprise] they are asking 60k premium for these features ? it's totally noy worth the price.

Hi Experts.
Our present cat Is TATA IndigoCS TDI – 2008. I am very much satisfied by its performance during my ownership of 5.6 years. Only reason to let it go is the seating capacity.
We are planning to buy Maruti Ertiga from a budget of 11L. Our yearly run is approximately 6000kms of which 95% is on highway. So I need valuable suggestions and inputs in this regard.
3. Is this the right time to buy or I should wait for 3-4 months for a better offer.
Any another point?
Thanks.
For your budget, you can go for ertiga diesel. For regular highway usage, the best would be diesel. Also if you are travelling regularly with 6 or 7 people, I would not suggest Ertiga as the 3rd row is not that spacious. Instead you can go for renault lodgy which has spacious 3rd row seats. And it will also fit in your budget range.

Hi rahul

i am using Ertiga Vdi from aug 2014, as i have to travel a lot so i go for Diesel, For your requirement petrol is best as petrol Ertiga have less service cost & you will also save more then 1L while purchasing new Petrol ertiga as compare to Diesel.

I suggest to go for Vxi as in new facelift ertiga Vxi have ABS + EBD + 2 Airbags & also steering audio & Bluetooth controls.

Hi Experts.
Any another point?
Thanks.
Your choice depends mainly on how long will you keep the car. My choice is the diesel purely because of the torque and highway cruising abilities. The new Ertiga is even more flexible and a bit better to drive in traffic because of SHVS. Add the advantage of long equipment list and you get an incredibly VFM offering which the rivals don't offer.
Regarding 7 seating, there is no problem in the seating space and capacity for 7 unless all the passengers are heavily built or taller than 5'10". The trick is to adjust the seats accordingly. In my family only me and my brother are 5'11", so no problems for us even for long drives. The 3rd row too is quite supportive compared to rivals, so no worries.
Since the V and Z variants themselves offer 2 airbags and ABS, I don't think there is a need to opt for the Z+ unless you need those flashy tech.
Go for it.

Up sized alloy wheels makes difference in ride and handling. They alone costs 40K and in ZXi version audio system is different apart from this some quality materials used to reduce NVH levels in ZXI variant. ZXI variant is highly appreciable deal at that price.

I think its a tricky situation deciding petrol or diesel but i would say it Diesel is a better buy, stick to 2 top and waiting for 3-4months wouldn't get you any better deal as far as i know.

If you are looking for a 7 seater than, there are few things you must look into,

- number of people mostly travelling
- physic/height of people, you think can occupy in the last row
- type of terrain the car is going to cruise [CITY/HIGHWAY/TOWN/VILLAGE]
- KMS run a month

Basically 7 seater is family vehicle so comfort is basic thing you should look first. If you are a family of tall people then last row is the main hurdle for these people.

According to my latest experience & research, I found ERTIGA/LODGY/INNOVA/MOBILIO to be very uncomfortable in last row. The reason for that the floor board being little high so your THIGH support is very less [if you are 5'7" or above] [For your reference my height is 5'7"]. Although INNOVA comfort on last row can be increase by a margin with the reclining 3rd row seats.

The 2 cars which I found to be very comfortable in 2nd & 3rd row is the Mahindra XYLO & Chevrolet Enjoy.

Well at a budget of 12 lac you could get a top spec H8 XYLO or you may think of top end diesel Enjoy. The only thing in Enjoy is the skinny tyres [175/70R14] which can be easily upgradable without a fuss.

If you are thinking of kids on last row then go for ERTIGA ZXi/ZDi or LODGY 110PS.
For such case LODGY would be the best option in [available in DIESEL ONLY].

bhvm

Honoured Member
1. since your usage is on highway, diesel is recommended for higher performance as Well as better fe.

2. take a close look at Mahindra xylo..it's the only car with PROPER 7 seats. ertiga is 5 seats with luggage space.

3. also test drive the base model xuv 500 if you can stretch the budget. highway driving & performance will put a wide smile on your face.

4. always go for model with abs & airbag if possible.

Thread Starter #15
Thanks experts for the reply.
We finalized Ertiga.
The sales executive promised that he will give a best price for Ertiga SHVS 2015 VDI.
I want to know the price I can ask for.

Top Bottom