Originally Posted by saubhik
Sorry guys, I was a bit busy these days. So decided to book a red GT TSI on 14th January. Am I doing any serious mistake by not test driving the Figo automatic?
Sirji I have driven both and I can bet that what you are doing is absolute correct. You can go and check the Figo just for the sake of feeling and you never know, maybe Figo will match your preferences better.
When I TDed (I bought Polo TDi HL though), my preference list was:
1) Attention to detail, the interior needed to looks faultless when I am at driver seat. GT has dollops of that
2) Brilliant build quality and a much planted ride. GT has both of them better than Figo.
3) Height adjustable seat with reach and rake adjustable wheel. To help find perfect seating position for long drives. GT has them both
4) An engine powerful enough that makes it a pleasure to drive in city or highway. GT has it better (Even Polo too) but Figo isn't behind either.
5) Pedal placement is important and I was not comfortable with the pedal placement of Figo.
This was my take. Now go and look at both the cars and decide. With Figo you can save a few bucks and with GT you may have to spend more on service too but "you live just once, live with the one that makes you smile every moment you look at it".
Even better ways of deciding:
1) Go and check the car thoroughly. When leaving the showroom; just count the number of times you turned back to have a look at the car or the one you got an urge to look again. Buy the same car.
2) Toss a coin a bit high allotting one side to Figo and one to GT; once the coin is tossed, just see which side you want the coin to land. Buy the same car. EDIT:
Go and check Aspire DCT, Figo and aspire both are equivalent. @Bhvm:
Saarji having a Mercedes back home which can do 250 kph doesn't mean I will always do the same. What's wrong in buying a hot hatch for the wife? Don't you favor gender equality?
And which hubby on this earth doesn't drive his wifey's car ever? BTW
I guess I read somewhere that your wifey wanted your XUV, what about that plan? Or you are living with half cooked food and cold tea?