• Honda Brio VAT

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Baleno Delta CVT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Any other Car

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends, I am in a bit of dilemma here.

MY wife has just learnt driving and we are now looking for a AT vehicle for her. My initial choice would have been a used AT but being based in a small state like Goa I don't have many options in the used car market.

Her main purpose would to traveling to work, around 20 kms daily in moderate traffic. Ferrying kids to school some days.

My current choices include:

• Wagon-R Vxi(O) AMT,
  • Grand i10 AT,
  • Honda Brio VAT,
  • Baleno Delta CVT
Baleno is not launched in Goa and it seems wont be available for another 4-6 months. Ruled out the i10 as it didn't have airbags.

Would prefer to keep the budget around 7 lacs. The brio is 7.4 OTR and I am getting 40000 discount on an Black color September 2015 model.

The wagon-R AMT is 5.8 OTR.

Please help me decide.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Which AT for Wife

Dear Amey, You may certainly consider Figo Hatch DCT since its peppy, comes with safety features and compact in size and shall fulfill your requirements of price/budget and usage very well.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3

Dear Amey, You may certainly consider Figo Hatch DCT since its peppy, comes with safety features and compact in size and shall fulfill your requirements of price/budget and usage very well.

Regards

Akash
Thanks for the quick response Akash. But the new Figo DCT is around 8.2 lacs OTR in Goa with no discounts either.

Hey ameydesai, i think the wagon-r AMT would be good. It has a high driving position and is easy to judge. But have you considered the celerio AMT? Its a good car. Spacious and peppy. Also the ZXI AMT is well equipped in celerio.

Your current choices include:-

Wagon-R Vxi(O) AMT,:- Relianble Maruti service network, no nonsense car, easy to maintain, and easy to get in and out due to a taller seating stance.

Grand i10 AT,:-

Honda Brio VAT,:- Premium and expensive car of the selected lot, reliable Honda network, but may be phased out soon due to low volumes.

Baleno Delta CVT:- Exiting new car from Maruti but has a waiting period of 4 months.

Ford Figo:- Has all the features, but build to a cost which reflects in the interiors quality also a lag seen in automatic.

Conclusion:- WagonR is a practical choice in terms of practicality, budget since usage will be very less.

I would recommend VW Polo. Goa and Mumbai's coastal areas are known for the rusting problems in the cars. I think the VW's build is effectively overcome those problems. Moreover, it has solid build quality than the other AT cars. Moreover, you might get good discounts too.

Brio AT won't feel good when you spend 7 Lacs, because of space and interior quality (which feels strictly 5 Lac car type). Go for AMT, it has all functionality of AT and gets a manual mode too. Celerio AMT and WagonR AMT are good choices in your budget. Both are priced closely and Celerio is a better product than WagonR and totally worth the price premium. Since both are low-selling models (AMTs I am talking about), you might get discounts also but confirm about waiting period for both first.

And if going for manual, as Raaj said, Polo comes with best quality (paint, interiors and overall built) and has good discounts also.

Thread Starter #8
I would recommend VW Polo. Goa and Mumbai's coastal areas are known for the rusting problems in the cars. I think the VW's build is effectively overcome those problems. Moreover, it has solid build quality than the other AT cars. Moreover, you might get good discounts too.
Raaj, I am looking only for an Automatic. Plus no VW dealers in Goa at present. The one which was there, shut down some months back [frustration]

Brio AT won't feel good when you spend 7 Lacs, because of space and interior quality (which feels strictly 5 Lac car type). Go for AMT, it has all functionality of AT and gets a manual mode too. Celerio AMT and WagonR AMT are good choices in your budget. Both are priced closely and Celerio is a better product than WagonR and totally worth the price premium. Since both are low-selling models (AMTs I am talking about), you might get discounts also but confirm about waiting period for both first.

And if going for manual, as Raaj said, Polo comes with best quality (paint, interiors and overall built) and has good discounts also.
Exactly my thoughts wrt Brio.

Hey ameydesai, i think the wagon-r AMT would be good. It has a high driving position and is easy to judge. But have you considered the celerio AMT? Its a good car. Spacious and peppy. Also the ZXI AMT is well equipped in celerio.
Your current choices include:-

Wagon-R Vxi(O) AMT,:- Relianble Maruti service network, no nonsense car, easy to maintain, and easy to get in and out due to a taller seating stance.

Grand i10 AT,:-

Honda Brio VAT,:- Premium and expensive car of the selected lot, reliable Honda network, but may be phased out soon due to low volumes.

Baleno Delta CVT:- Exiting new car from Maruti but has a waiting period of 4 months.

Ford Figo:- Has all the features, but build to a cost which reflects in the interiors quality also a lag seen in automatic.

Conclusion:- WagonR is a practical choice in terms of practicality, budget since usage will be very less.
Just took back to back test drives of celerio AMT and Wagon R AMT. Will definitely prefer the Wagaon R, as it appears much spacious than the celerio. Drive wise both were same.

No discounts on the Celerio AMT, but there is a 15000 discount on Wagon R AMT plus 25000 exchange bonus.

Most probably will go ahead with the Wagon-R AMT

Raaj, I am looking only for an Automatic. Plus no VW dealers in Goa at present. The one which was there, shut down some months back [frustration]
ameydesai, It seems you misunderstood. I was actually referring Polo GT TSI which is an AT car.

However, I'm surprised to know Goa doesn't have a single showroom for VW. [evil]

ameydesai, It seems you misunderstood. I was actually referring Polo GT TSI which is an AT car.

However, I'm surprised to know Goa doesn't have a single showroom for VW. [evil]
He wanted to have a car under 7 Lacs. GT TSI is 8.47 Lac ex-showroom but is too hard to resist, I agree. [evil]

Given your requirements, the Wagon-R AMT makes a suitable buy.It is well within your budget, proven, fuel efficient car with assurance of Maruti after sales service. Resale should be decent as well.

Thread Starter #13
Hi,

If I were you, I would definitely put the Nano AMT in this mix, with its cute dimension and a range of options like the sunroof etc, and the price, makes for a compelling buy.

All the best.

Vinod
Vinod, I did take a test drive of the Nano AMT, but the experience was horrible. It was a fairly new demo car, just run 5000 kms, but the brakes were horrid. Guess its due to the drum brakes. My wife took the wheel and after finishing the drive, she started doubting her driving skills.

Given your requirements, the Wagon-R AMT makes a suitable buy.It is well within your budget, proven, fuel efficient car with assurance of Maruti after sales service. Resale should be decent as well.
I agree. Have booked the Wagon R AMT Vxi(O) with Sai Service Goa. Given waiting of 2 months. If Baleno launches by then in Goa, I am being given an option to shift my booking to Nexa.

Vinod, I did take a test drive of the Nano AMT, but the experience was horrible. It was a fairly new demo car, just run 5000 kms, but the brakes were horrid. Guess its due to the drum brakes. My wife took the wheel and after finishing the drive, she started doubting her driving skills.

I agree. Have booked the Wagon R AMT Vxi(O) with Sai Service Goa. Given waiting of 2 months. If Baleno launches by then in Goa, I am being given an option to shift my booking to Nexa.
Congrats for the WagonR.

And 5000 kms in a TD car is not "just 5000 km" but means a lot. At least 100 people would have driven it (assuming 50 km TD for each) and I was told by Maruti SA that at 10k kms, these cars become junk (as they are badly driven for every km of that 10k).

Why dont you go for Nissan Micra CVT ? It is a fully loaded car with all bells and whistles, and also safety features like ABS and twin airbags. Excellent reliability, in my personal experience of 22000km.

Top Bottom