Buying Hyundai Creta SX(O) Diesel For Low Daily Commute?

Thread Starter #1
Hi, am planning to buy the creta and was looking for the petrol sx+variant, but noticed its lacks all the features that's promoted on their website especially the safety features like curtain airbags and all. I am really interested in buying a compact suv and creta really impressed me with its looks.
My concern is that my daily commute is very less say and avg of 400kms a month. Leaving the price factor aside, can I opt the sx (o) diesel variant of creta. Can low running lead to any engine problem, would the maintenance be high, if not started the car for a week would it start on the 8th day?
Please suggest leaving the price aside can I still buy the diesel variant of Hyundai creta?
Thank you all in advance and please suggest me.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Can Hyundai creta sx(o) diesel variant be considered to buy if daily commute is l

Of course you can go for creta diesel. Modern diesel are very much improved now. You can start engine after month also no problem. But maintenance will be higher than petrol engines.
as you're running is very low you can opt for petrol variant as it's cheaper than diesel variant.
It is recommended to buy petrol car if running below 700 km/month.

Re: Can Hyundai creta sx(o) diesel variant be considered to buy if daily commute is l

Yes you can go for Creta Diesel. 400 km per month is not that low a running. It equates to more than 10 km per day and if you use the car daily, diesel will be preferred. Maintenance in modern diesel and petrol engines is more or less the same nowadays. You will get better resale value, drivability, cheaper fuel, more features and a sense of security in mind that in case your running increases in the future, there is no need to change the car. So, if budget is not a problem, go for Diesel!

These statements are from a person who drives a petrol car with ~1800 km per month running. I liked the car, I liked the engine and that is what matters the most.

Last edited:
Can Hyundai creta sx(o) diesel variant be considered to buy if daily commute is low?

I second ice_wise ! I bought an S-cross car when my monthly run is around 500 km!! If you enjoyed driving the diesel, go for it!!

bhvm

Honoured Member

I will actually ask, Why not!?
Modern diesels are not only efficient, but perform better and sound as good.

Your dillema is as good as mine, Where i brought XUV 500 just for highway trips. My running in 3 years is 50k Kms. When the XUV is out, it will do 3000km in a single trip, Otherwise it will stay a month in Garage. Do not worry, the car will start even after weeks of rest.

Thread Starter #6

Thank you very much everyone for clearing my doubts, i'll go ahead and book one for myself. Thank you once again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom