Confused Between Maruti Alto 800 or Alto K10 (Manual)

Thread Starter #1
Hi to all, i am newbie here with little knowledge about cars. I am thinking to buy a small hatchback for our family. So i made up my mind to go for maruti cars(especially altos) because of stress free maintainence. But i am in confusion guys whether to buy Alto 800 or Alto K10(manual transmission). As i like the performance(pick up) of k10 engine and it is fun to drive such car but worried of its poor mileage as i came across some reviews mentioning alto k10 giving poor mileage and mileage was my first priority. Also heard that new alto 800 struggles in steep roads/hills with full 4 passengers.
So please help me choosing the best car out of these two which fit for my requirement.
My requirements:
1) good city car
2) good mileage
3)pick up
Friends which car should i book Alto 800 lxi or Alto K10 lxi (manual transmission)? Pls suggest

Re: confused between Alto 800 or Alto k10 (manual)

If you are fixed on these two cars only, Alto K10. Otherwise you have other options on in this segment.

Re: confused between Alto 800 or Alto k10 (manual)

Also compare Nano,Eon as well. K10 and 800 gives almost the same mileage. In city driving mileage will be less.

Hi to all, i am newbie here with little knowledge about cars. I am thinking to buy a small hatchback for our family. So i made up my mind to go for maruti cars(especially altos) because of stress free maintainence. But i am in confusion guys whether to buy Alto 800 or Alto K10(manual transmission). As i like the performance(pick up) of k10 engine and it is fun to drive such car but worried of its poor mileage as i came across some reviews mentioning alto k10 giving poor mileage and mileage was my first priority. Also heard that new alto 800 struggles in steep roads/hills with full 4 passengers.
So please help me choosing the best car out of these two which fit for my requirement.
My requirements:
1) good city car
2) good mileage
3)pick up
Friends which car should i book Alto 800 lxi or Alto K10 lxi (manual transmission)? Pls suggest
Go for Alto K10 if you have narrowed down to these 2 offerings from Maruti. Otherwise, you can look for options like Eon, or even stretch to WagonR. Even I have heard that Alto 800 struggles on inclines on full load, provided that the AC is ON. Otherwise, it is a very good and successful car. But to be on a safer (and better) side, go for the Alto K10. They will give almost the same mileage but the K10 would be fun to drive. Isn't it better to have an enjoyable 16 kmpl car than to have an average performing 18 kmpl one? Think yourself.

Top Bottom