Deciding Between VW Vento TL, Skoda Rapid Active and Hyundai Verna 1.4

Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends

I am new to this forum. Delighted to meet you all. Please advise, I really need your expert opinion.

I want to buy a PETROL sedan in the next few days. I am unable to decide between
1. Vento Trendline,
2. Rapid Active and
3. Verna 1.4VTVT.

My running will not be more than 600km per month. My criteria are looks, brand value and after sales service, and features of course.

All the cars are in the same price range, and all cars are the base models.

I am really not able to decide between the three cars.

Please help.

Regards,

Harshit

Re: Please advice - Cant decide between Vento TL, Rapid Active and Verna 1.4

Verna - out of those three as you wanted looks , Brand value and After sales service which might not be the strength of the other two. Why not look at the Honda City it has a gem of an engine and meets all the afore said requirements.

Thread Starter #3

I agree with you, Honda City is a good option. But I am not considering it because my cousin has just bought a Honda city, and hence I want a different car in the house.

My criteria are looks, brand value and after sales service,
Without a doubt, Verna, among the given!! Verna petrol is much more refined than other two you have chosen!! But you can also have a look at Honda City, if you want to go for Petrol. Except the below par build quality, it offers 1.5L engine, best in class space compared to Verna. But if you want plush interiors, and looks, then, Verna it is for you!!!

BTW May I know why you wanna go for 1.4 instead of 1.6?

Thread Starter #5

Without a doubt, Verna, among the given!! Verna petrol is much more refined than other two you have chosen!! But you can also have a look at Honda City, if you want to go for Petrol. Except the below par build quality, it offers 1.5L engine, best in class space compared to Verna. But if you want plush interiors, and looks, then, Verna it is for you!!!

BTW May I know why you wanna go for 1.4 instead of 1.6?
1.4VTVT fits in my budget. 1.6 is 1 Lakh more expensive.

^^ Got it. Just TD 1.4 VTVT and 1.5 VTEC before you decide. Both of them have pros, but you need to find which one suits you. I make it a habit of TD the car in my usual office route, so I can understand it much better!!

@Modihar,
If you are going for verna, do check for suspension experience,& steering feedback if you are OK with the soft suspension setup on pot holes & bit poor feedback from steering at high speed, Verna is the car for you. Else go for Vento, as in Vento these two factors are taken care of.

If you are enthusiastic driver and need driving pleasure, you must TD Linea T jet.

Last edited:

Verna 1.4 is nowhere as exciting to drive as the 1.6. If you can, try stretching for the Verna 1.6. Otherwise get the Vento TL - Looks are subjective but I feel Polo & Vento both are good looking cars. And Hyundai has more or less sorted out the boat-like handling issue of the Verna, now it is very well controlled though not at par with the Skoda or VW. The only major negative I could see was the styling (a bit old now, IMO) and the rear seat (too soft and low).

If you are really serious about resale, then the VW or Skoda might not be for you. In that case, only Verna seems to fit the bill. TD the Vento/Rapid and Verna to decide if you are okay with the slightly detuned nature of the 1.4 (non-enthusiastic). And one question, why not the Ciaz? It beats everything when it comes to ASS and resale! [:)]

Top Bottom