Which is Best, Safe & Fun To Drive Hatchback?

Thread Starter #1
Friends,
Title of this threads showed all my concern.
I have shortlisted swift lxi(o), or polo tl, or brio vxmt(if I get good offer).
Want to keep my budget in 5.5 lacs. I am also inclined towards polo but I am afraid if some parts may be too costly to replace. I will go for petrol & yearly unsafe will be within 4k km. Pls guide..

Re: Which is best ,safe & fun to drive hatchback?

Most Fun to drive (peppiness) - Brio
Most Fun to drive (handling) - Swift (and even Brio)

Polo is a good choice only if you like the way it looks. It is not a good performer (not at all FTD in my books) in the petrol avatar. So make the choice between the Swift and the Brio. I would suggest Brio as it is much agile and as much FTD as the Swift. Swift's top end is the only enjoyable part (after 4k RPM) as this 1.2 engine is tuned for efficiency and will lack the surge of the smaller Brio. Plus the top end Brio would be feature loaded as well. I am not sure about the safety ratings of the Brio though.

Last edited:
Friends,
Title of this threads showed all my concern.
I have shortlisted swift lxi(o), or polo tl, or brio vxmt(if I get good offer).
Want to keep my budget in 5.5 lacs. I am also inclined towards polo but I am afraid if some parts may be too costly to replace. I will go for petrol & yearly unsafe will be within 4k km. Pls guide..
You must precisely define your requirements,
- number of people travelling most of times
- ages of people travelling in back seat
- height/avg. height of people
- budget [5.5 lac as you said]
- which terrain you are going to drive most [TOWN/CITY/HIGHWAY]
- need good luggage space?
- need fun to drive? [so YES from your side]
- monthly run

There are many choice in your case if you are looking for petrol variant. If diesel then either you will need to narrow down your option with some cheap/compact hatchback or you will need to increase the budget.

So considering your budget,

MS Ritz Zxi [really fun to drive, robust, tall body, everything is just at its place, little expensive]
MS StingRay Vxi(O) [not really fun to drive, but look good, spacious, perfect city car, comes with driver Airbag + ABS]
MS Celerio ZXi (O) [Compact car, good for city, can be taken to highways]

Now why I didn't suggest you other cars?
Buying a higher variant car of lower segment is always better than buying a lower variant in higher segment, as it will have more safety features and comes fully loaded.

Remember safety first, so ABS+Airbag should be there.

Now Since you say your top priority to be fun to drive. I really feel brio should be an apt buy.

I am hearing a lot of good things about the peppiness of the baleno petrol. Do consider that(after a TD ofcourse).

IMO buy a petrol polo only if it's a TSI[;)]

Thread Starter #7
number of people travelling most of times
- ages of people travelling in back seat: normally my 5 yr kid
- height/avg. height of people: 5'7"
- budget [5.5 lac as you said]:
- which terrain you are going to drive most [TOWN/CITY/HIGHWAY] : highway
- need good luggage space?: Yes i want to take it on holiday
- need fun to drive? [so YES from your side]: yes
- monthly run: 300km, yearly will be 4k-5k km
- it should have strong structure for safety & low on maintenance

i think Ritz is discontinued

Fiat Punto petrol should cost you 5.5L to 7 L OTR after the year end discount schemes.
Ticks all the boxes

For kids safety, 'Built Quality ' is a safety feature & not the airbags!

Last edited:
Tata Bolt might fit into the price range. It's a solid build car with necessary gizmos and safety equipment. If you can wait, Wait till December first week when Tata zica reveals itself.

Petrol punto dynamic (ABS) should cost you approx 5.75L@siligudi.

Yes, Bolt built quality is also good, but can't comment if it is a fun to drive or not.

Petrol punto dynamic (ABS) should cost you approx 5.75L@siligudi.

Yes, Bolt built quality is also good, but can't comment if it is a fun to drive or not.
Bolt Is a great car:) It's good built and with better safety features and you will enjoy the ride if you are familiar driving with Turbo lag in the initial band.

Or if you can wait little the Zica is coming and seems very interesting as per the initial reports/assumption(Tata's most important product to be called)

Top Bottom