Looking For VFM Hatchback. Need Your Valuable Inputs.

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

This post is on behalf of my close friend cum cousin. He has just returned from USA a month back. His ride back there was a Civic AT and now he is permanently settled in Bangalore.

He is looking for a new hatchback (Manual Transmission only) with these points

> Your Budget: : Rs.8 Lakh Max
> New or Used: New Car
> Your Location: Pot Hole City (Bangalore,India)
> Top Five Priorities: : Comfort, power, safety, milege
Low Maintenance, wants to own for 10yrs atleast
> Monthly Running: min 1,000kms – max 1500kms.

> Type of Fuel: Diesel or petrol
> For What Purpose: Regular Use, trip to TN temples etx, no off roading, no over loading, no mods planned
> Seating Capacity: mainly it will used by 3occupants and very rarely - 4adults and 2tiny kids
Adults
> Type of Segment: hatchback only.

he is looking for a fuss free ownership for atleast 5yrs and not worried about looks much. his parents are about 60yrs in age, hence ingress and egress at rear seat and space inside cabin is top priority.

plz pour in your suggestions. planning to book a car within a week.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Looking for a VFM hatchback, need your valuable inputs.

This post is on behalf of my close friend cum cousin.
He is looking for a new hatchback (Manual Transmission only) with these points

> Your Budget: : Rs.8 Lakh Max
> New or Used: New Car
> Your Location: Pot Hole City (Bangalore,India)
> Top Five Priorities: : Comfort, power, safety, milege
Low Maintenance, wants to own for 10yrs atleast
> Monthly Running: min 1,000kms – max 1500kms.

> Type of Fuel: Diesel or petrol
> For What Purpose: Regular Use, trip to TN temples etx, no off roading, no over loading, no mods planned
> Seating Capacity: mainly it will used by 3occupants and very rarely - 4adults and 2tiny kids
Adults
> Type of Segment: hatchback only.

he is looking for a fuss free ownership for atleast 5yrs and not worried about looks much. his parents are about 60yrs in age, hence ingress and egress at rear seat and space inside cabin is top priority.
Buddy,

I can think of Baleno 1.2 MT and Ford Figo 1.5 Diesel. Both meet the above requirements and certainly shall provide the ease of maintenance too. Is he open compact sedans too? If so, then Ford Aspire and Zest can also be considered.

Regards

Akash

Re: Looking for a VFM hatchback, need your valuable inputs.

Jazz should be it. A perfect combination of space, easy ingress/egress and overall functionality. The engines (Petrol especially) are smooth and a delight to drive. Space is also generous, as are the seating options and practicality. The ride at the rear seat is more comfortable than the Maruti Baleno.

I am also deciding on a new car and my requirements are similar to yours (comfort, reliability, hatchback, new, upto 8 Lac, 1000-1200 km running, use for 8-10 years). [:)]

Since you are already a Nano owner, why not a Bolt/Zest?
You may even consider the soon-to-be-launched Kite as well, since it may be a great car, based on judging the quality levels of the Falcons. Tata cars are well known for VFM, seat comfort and ingress/egress.
Else you have few other options such as the WagonR, i10 and Celerio. They have good ingress/egress and decently comfortable rear seats.

Honda Jazz without any doubt, especially considering he wants to keep it for long time. If he isn't brand averse then Tata Zest is also contender. Ride quality at the rear for Baleno isn't so good try driving it at test drive with your parents at the rear seat and then take them to test drive immediately on a Jazz and you will get ur verdict.

Last edited:

Top Bottom