Swift Dzire VDi Versus Maruti SX4 CNG

Thread Starter #1
members,

please put in your suggestions that which car is better to own.

money is not concern here.......only maruti is the brand in my mind and the contestors are maruti sx4 green CNG and swift dzire vdi

my heart is towards SX4 but mind towards dzire diesel.

what i have heard is that sx4 is giving only mileages of 7-8 km[frustration]

though the igpi version is CNG but the issue is that there is lots of crowd at cng filling station and u have to be in long ques to get cng filled.

dzire diesel is looking fine, but since there is a new swift coming in jan 2011, so i doubt that they will also revamp dzire.

actually there is a little more issue, i have parking problem. the width of dzire is 5 cm lesser than sx4....now is this make any difference practically?

so kindly help me over this. and also is there any other good option available in similar bracket.

Anytime SX4 ,which is a higher segment car than Dzire (Dzire is economy class & it shows)
why dont you look at other cars except maruti's

i assume you are looking for economy.

if you have set your heart for maruti, i think you should go for Dzire diesel as it will offer you a nice blend of performance & efficiency.

if at all, you are looking for some other brands too, have a look at the ford ikon & fiesta TDCi & also the logan diesel. ikon and logan is really really dated but are one of the most fuel efficient cars around.

Thread Starter #4
i assume you are looking for economy.

if you have set your heart for maruti, i think you should go for Dzire diesel as it will offer you a nice blend of performance & efficiency.

if at all, you are looking for some other brands too, have a look at the ford ikon & fiesta TDCi & also the logan diesel. ikon and logan is really really dated but are one of the most fuel efficient cars around.
buddy fiesta logan and ikon are due for replacement anytime in next one year.

so im looking for latest one.......

i want to ask, that if i buy sx4 cng and do not use cng for months like 2-3, so wont that have any bad effect on cng system?

CNG has lot of limitations when you travel across India.

I would suggest you to go for Dzire if you are okay with Rear seat comfort.

Else wait for the diesel heart SX4 which is arriving shortly!

buddy fiesta logan and ikon are due for replacement anytime in next one year.

so im looking for latest one.......

i want to ask, that if i buy sx4 cng and do not use cng for months like 2-3, so wont that have any bad effect on cng system?
The DZire is an equally dated car. The Dzire = Old Gen Swift + Boot.
The old gen swift has been replaced by the new swift in many other countries. The present swift will be replaced here in India too, in a couple of months. So, the Dzire is an equally dated car.

I do not think the Logan is due for replacement.

Whether the SX4 works out for you or not depends on your usage. We need a 2nd car, and hence will be booking an SX4 ZXi in a couple of days, as mileage won't make a big difference for us.

I will suggest to go with SX4 CNG only! its better and proper sedan. well rush will be there at SNG stations only during peak hours like on weekends. go someday like on mid monday and you can enjoy the car and gass for almost month... [:)]

I own SX4 CNG Green from last one month, the issue with Maruti CNG fitting is with Nozzle provided by Maruti. This nozzle is rarely available in Gurgaon. It is available in Delhi but if there are 5 stations, you will find only 1 having the NGV nozzle. I have reported a complaint to Maruti also. I have suggested to provide Adapter to solve this issue. After experiancing SX4 CNG , I would suggest to buy Swift DZire rather than CNG versions and face issue while filling CNG.

amitahi, welcome to TAI and enjoy your stay, could be great if you could share more about your ownership of your sx4 cng in its thread, which would be helpful to many future owners.

Thanks Vijay for Welcome note!
I purchased Sx4 Green after exchanging of my old Alto LX 2000 (CNG Fitted) model. After driving SX4 , I feel I am driving State of Art technology called VVT. The CNG switch is perfect, I do not need to increase the accelerator as it changes based on Engine temperature. The retrofitted CNG is available outside is not good due to untidy wiring and shocker issues caused due to CNG cylinder.

I am driving my car at 50 Km/h as the engine is new. While driving, I do not feel the difference between CNG and Petrol. SX4 is good car for bad road especially during rainy season and better that Honda city in terms of ground clearance.

Currently I am not trying to evaluate the mileage of SX4 as new cars do not provide good mileage. You should expect good mileage only after 3000 kms. Knowing all facts, I am providing the current mileage of SX4 after 1000kms. I am driving 180 Kms with Tank full of Gas (10Kg) costing Rs 280/- (Delhi CNG Price Rs 27.80). In addition, it consumes Rs 200/- petrol which bring 200+280=Rs 480/-. City Mileage =Rs 2.66/-

Boot space is reduced by 50%, however I do not travel outside delhi. I think 50% of the boot space that is consumed is best utilized in my car is to the max. Maruti has provided NGV nozzle which is not easily available in Gurgaon which causes lot of inconveniences at CNG station to get the CNG. I have provided the feedback to Maruti also. I have suggested Maruti to provide adapter over this nozzle so that it can be filled from any station. I haven’t received any response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note: Amitahi, please refrain from copy - pasting from word processors, as it won't work out well, and the result is displayed in your previous posts. Direct posting will be easier and will be perfect.

350Z

Core Team
I own SX4 CNG Green from last one month, the issue with Maruti CNG fitting is with Nozzle provided by Maruti. This nozzle is rarely available in Gurgaon. It is available in Delhi but if there are 5 stations, you will find only 1 having the NGV nozzle. I have reported a complaint to Maruti also. I have suggested to provide Adapter to solve this issue. After experiancing SX4 CNG , I would suggest to buy Swift DZire rather than CNG versions and face issue while filling CNG.
Hi Amit, Welcome in The Automotive India. I think Maruti Suzuki recently rectified CNG nozzle issue in their all newly launched CNG cars, Find more details here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...stlio-ritz-cng-beat-lpg-soon-3.html#post47268

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi Amit,

I am planning to Buy SX4 CNG, but confused by people saying that it does not give good mileage and moreover CNG reduces engine's life and there would be no driver's pleasure in it. As you owe that car so i believe you could answer it better.

Please suggest

Regards,

Vishal

Thanks Vijay for Welcome note!
I purchased Sx4 Green after exchanging of my old Alto LX 2000 (CNG Fitted) model. After driving SX4 , I feel I am driving State of Art technology called VVT. The CNG switch is perfect, I do not need to increase the accelerator as it changes based on Engine temperature. The retrofitted CNG is available outside is not good due to untidy wiring and shocker issues caused due to CNG cylinder.

I am driving my car at 50 Km/h as the engine is new. While driving, I do not feel the difference between CNG and Petrol. SX4 is good car for bad road especially during rainy season and better that Honda city in terms of ground clearance.

Currently I am not trying to evaluate the mileage of SX4 as new cars do not provide good mileage. You should expect good mileage only after 3000 kms. Knowing all facts, I am providing the current mileage of SX4 after 1000kms. I am driving 180 Kms with Tank full of Gas (10Kg) costing Rs 280/- (Delhi CNG Price Rs 27.80). In addition, it consumes Rs 200/- petrol which bring 200+280=Rs 480/-. City Mileage =Rs 2.66/-

Boot space is reduced by 50%, however I do not travel outside delhi. I think 50% of the boot space that is consumed is best utilized in my car is to the max. Maruti has provided NGV nozzle which is not easily available in Gurgaon which causes lot of inconveniences at CNG station to get the CNG. I have provided the feedback to Maruti also. I have suggested Maruti to provide adapter over this nozzle so that it can be filled from any station. I haven’t received any response.

Vishal,

I do think you have got the right information. I am getting CNG mileage as 180 kms from 10 Kg which cost Rs 290/- plus it require Rs 200/- of Petrol for start up. I am computing 180kms in a week that is why petrol consumption is higher. You will see mileage as 18km/per kg. You decide if the mileage is good or bad. I am giving you facts.

Please read the Delhi traffic RTO website for CNG benefits.

Following are the benefits :-
1. Petrol can be adulterated however CNG cannot.
2. My Car gives of Co2 as 0.0001 which help environment
3. Cost of CNG Rs 29.70 instead of Petrol of Rs 60/-
4. SX4 has sensors to swtch to CNG when temp is reached CNG burning temp is achieved.
5. SX4 engine is powerful with 1600 cc engine, CNG does not affect the power
6. Delhi RTO states that engine life gets better. Please see Delhi RTO Traffic website.

Top Bottom