Originally Posted by Sharad1710
I am also stuck with the same choice....can u all let me know the outcome which is a better buy today in terms of mileage?
as on date the onroad price which I am getting are as follows:
SX4 CNG : 7.62 lacs (after discount & exchange)
New 2012 Dzire VDI : 7.2 Lacs (with 4 months waiting)
today as I live in delhi the CNG price is 35.45/- while diesel is readily available for Rs. 41/42 approx. though I do not have problems of long ques as a mother pump of cng is only 1.5 kms away from my place.
pls suggest me a better buy for money as & also pls help if i am missing on something.
Iam adding to your confusion, but by providing some useful tips:
Calculate the followings and decide:
1.) Your daily running of the car
2. How many times you go out from delhi and where (kms)
3. How much is your budget for a car
4. How much emi and maintainence cost you can afford
5. availability of CNG and Diesel
6. Power and drivability of both the fuels.
See its simple, now back to my suggestion with following are the assumptions:
1.) 2000 kms
2. once in 3 months (preferably to hills)
3. Lets say 8L
4. emi+fuel+maintainence = 12K
5. CNG- long que, less storage space 36 rs p/l. Diesel- easily available @ 41 rs p/l
6. Diesel vehicle has more torque and can be driven easily.
Note: In Rs 36 you'll get only 17-18 KMP kilo whereas in Diesel in Rs 41 you'll get around 20 KMPL. So here your extra 5 Rs will be adjusted.
So if I were you, i would have looked for the followings vehicles inpriority order: All will be diesel powered:
1.) TATA MANZA (Amazing cabin space with 460 lts of boot space) VFM1
2.) Toyota Etios (very good vehicle but plain jane interiros) VFM
3.) Swift Dzire VDI (new version) (cramped interiors and next to nothing boot space)
4.) Nissan Sunny
5.) Ford Fiesta Classic (infact if mainatainence is not an issue this is the first car i would love to own)