Best Petrol Hatchback: Suzuki Baleno or Honda Jazz

Thread Starter #1
> Your Budget: around 7 lacs on road

> New or Used: Brand new

> Your Location: Agra

> Top Five Priorities: Comfort, Mileage, Safety and Interiors.

> Monthly Running: < 1000km

> Type of Fuel: Petrol

> For What Purpose: Highway 75%, City 25%

> Seating Capacity: 5

> Type of Segment: Hatchback

> Choices: Suzuki Baleno or Honda Jazz

Between the Baleno and Jazz ( Petrol),

Would any day recommend the 1,2K Baleno, it is a hoot to drive!

If you travel mostly with Family then I will suggest for Jazz. Or if you will going to drive the car alone then it will be Baleno. Maruti's fiat engines are more peppier to drive then the Honda's ivtec one.

Thread Starter #6
If you travel mostly with Family then I will suggest for Jazz. Or if you will going to drive the car alone then it will be Baleno. Maruti's fiat engines are more peppier to drive then the Honda's ivtec one.
Personal driver will drive. Mostly use car to go different towns. Will sale this car after 3 years.

Personal driver will drive. Mostly use car to go different towns. Will sale this car after 3 years.
Then You should go for Jazz because of the more Interior space and magic seats in the Top end. Interior quality is more or less same in both of the Car. Only in baleno Maruti offers the Projector headlamp and DRL.

I would suggest you take a test drive,

- Suzuki Baleno
- Honda Jazz
- Hyundai i20 Elite
- Fiat Punto Evo

Above 3 cars are better in terms of space if you are looking for 5 people most of the times. Driving dynamics of Baleno is best amongst all four; the wide body and 16" wheel give the car more agility.

For i20, it looks more elegant and premium with plenty of feature all in its place. Driving dynamics is not upto the mark. But still this car is worth buying.

Honda Jazz share almost similar front face from CITY, but at rear it looks little incomplete, coz of its high mounted rear bumper. According to me its looks something is missing.

If you are not thinking of a Diesel Variant then drop idea about Punto. But you may still try TD, may you like the TANK built quality and the best in class MJD.

Baleno back seat does not seem comfy enough - seems more like nicer bench - the rear doors do not appear to be as big - not sure if this is just my perception. Jazz design is better looking - but lack of power on gradients is something I read in one of the other threads

Maruti's fiat engines are more peppier to drive then the Honda's ivtec one.
Really ?? Can you explain more on this ? You are comparing Maruti's petrol to Honda's petrol right ! To my knowledge, Maruti uses Suzuki's petrol and Fiats diesel engine. Ivtec is a hell of an engine,just drive a brio and you ll know better !!

Thread Starter #12
If I go Jazz V MT petrol (7.8lac) over Baleno Delta petrol (6.5lac) I would have to spend 1.3 lac more. Does it even worth it?
I will sell out any car within 2-3 years only.

Last edited:
As for as I know, their petrol engines are not by Fiat. Correct me if I'm wrong.

However, their petrol engines are very good. Now that they provide all the necessary safety features from the basic model itself, Baleno sounds more practical and also would give u more resale value.

If I go Jazz V MT petrol (7.8lac) over Baleno Delta petrol (6.5lac) I would have to spend 1.3 lac more. Does it even worth it?
I will sell out any car within 2-3 years only.
If you are selling it within 3 years max, I dont see any reason why you shouldn't try a diesel. The resale value you get get on diesel cars in india is way better than petrol anyday.

Anyways, I would suggest a jazz for petrol. (Haven't driven a baleno yet. So no comments on that front).
Diesel demands a Punto evo 90HP [evil]

@ Eddy
Since yours will be chauffeured car, Jazz will be better as it offers better space all around, including the back, where you will be spending more time. However, the resale value (think of it as ROI ) on Jazz will be less than a Baleno when you sell after 2-3 years. It's upto you to decide if ROI trumps comfort.

Top Bottom