Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Vs Hyundai Verna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends

I am new to this forum. Happy to meet you all.

I am seeking your expert opinion
my requirement is for a 4+1 family with an average monthly use of 1500 Km
* It shold be a Diesel
* should with maximum spec/features
* budget 12L

After the initial research, I shortlisted Verna and Ciaz.
1. Ciaz - ZDi+ or ZDI+RS
2. Verna - S(O)

These cars are of almost same price group. (But now Verna have around 80000/- discount and for ciaz an exchange bonus of 25000).

out of these, which one will have maximum comfort and driving pleasure?

I am yet to done the test drive.
I am seeking for your comments and owners experience.

Thank you
Krishna

Re: Ciaz Vs Verna

Hello Krishna !! Welcome to TAI [:)]
Out of the two you shortlisted , Verna is a beast when comes to driving pleasure whereas Ciaz has better backseat comfort (Verna is good but I found the rear bench was somewhat low) . Both cars have almost every feature you would ever imagine !! Do a proper TD and you will know better !!

Suggest you go for Ciaz, Verna seem to be have lost steam and could be replaced sooner than expected!

Hi Krishna.

Of the two options, verna is better. But IMO Vento should be the best when it comes to diesels in this segment. Why dont you td a vento and take a call

Ciaz is good car, stay away from Volkswagen and Skoda. i have my friends regretting thier decision on buying the Vento and Rapid when it comes to after sales service.

Between these two i suggest Ciaz and why don't you try City it is a better cruiser on the highways thanks to bigger engine.

Thread Starter #6
Thank you all for your reply
I skipped vento/rapid because of ASS problems only.
In the case of city i will get SV varient only with 12L which dont have somany features

As you have mentioned that you have not taken a test drive of any of the listed cars, I would suggest you to take a proper test drive and analyze which car ticks the more number of your requirements, and take the call based on the same. I won't suggest you any eventhough I have travelled in both cars. I may like a car based on 'my love for that brand', 'experiences I got from that brand', 'ownership reviews by current owners' etc. VFM varies from person to person. Even the 'handling and performance' also varies from person to person. Because some people may find verna a performance oriented car (which it is as per the engine specifications), but for me performance with out handling is actually "non-performing".
So have a thorough test drive, analyze the facts and if still you are unable to come to a conclusion, please let us know.

Thank you all for your reply
I skipped vento/rapid because of ASS problems only.
In the case of city i will get SV varient only with 12L which dont have somany features
See whether those features really make a difference. As far as i know SV covers most of the features that are necessary and any other features skipped are such that they can either ignorable or installed outside. As Pavi said test drive all cars and pick the one you can imagine yourself driving everyday.

Verna will be better rideable in heavy traffic with its lighter steering and it has lots of power on tap so you can expect it to be a better highway vehicle too. And the cabin of verna is a lot more silent one as you can't able to feel whether its a diesel or a petrol as its diesel engine is much more refined and powerful than its competitors.

And the features provided by the verna is a huge list compared to the competitors. And with the sixth gear it just makes the highway rides more comfortable and it is more stable on highway during sudden brakes than the Ciaz.

For diesel, I would go with Verna eyes closed. But you have a lot of options in this price bracket.

I suggest you to TD Verna/City/Vento(Not my favorite, but you should TD it)!

Thread Starter #12
Done TD for Ciaz, Verna and Ecosport

Verna - Great power (loved it really), good exterior and nice dashboard design. But not spacious as Ciaz. The SA himself told that, it is not thatmuch good for long journeys. doubt on resale value as this model is not much moving.

Ciaz - Great space both inside and boot, good AVN, and a good riding. less price. But less power compared to Verna

Verna - Great power (loved it really), good exterior
With its greater power compared to ciaz, verna will be having more comfortable cruising feel on the highway whereas in ciaz it is more of fun to drive car (In the highways you would want to press the throttle at its full to get the power out from the ciaz, but in verna light foot is enough to get that perfect torque at high speeds without changing gears).

So verna feels butter smooth in city as well as on the highways.

Thread Starter #15
Happy diwali to all.

As i am opted for Black, which is not that much common colour for ciaz, my dealer told that it will take about 25 days. White, silver and brown are redily available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom