Buying a Used Mitsubishi Lancer

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

So this is going to be my first post apart from the introduction. I am a newbie at both the forum and buying cars. Like i've said in my intro post and as the title suggests i am a lancer fan and want a lancer as my first. So here goes, looking through ads online and talking to various brokers i finally found a car that suits my budget, a 2006 model, has done 70k on the odo and asking price is 1.8 lac . now my question to you guys is, is 1.8l a good deal on a lancer since it's a discontinued car, spares are hard to find, maintenance burns holes in your pocket. Also can you please tell me what all things i have to look out for when buying a used car.

Thanks in advance :)

You guys are awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Aries,
Lancer used to be my Dream car in school. I still remember those Need for speed instances with my red lancer. However, as you said , Mistubishi has shot itself in the foot and its going downhill. Since your live in Bangalore, You might find spares and service in private.

There are newer and more practical cars available these days. The Latest Honda city comes with Paddle shifters and Smooth engine. I would'nt buy a lancer today.

@aries you can find lancers as low as 70k in Mangalore no takers for it. in today's condition it doesn't seem to be a practical car. however a dream car is a dream car i understand that and no argument holds good when its your dream car. i own my dream car so wouldn't suggest that you shouldn't own one however at the cost you quoted for the said vehicle i say don't go for it. wait till you find a bargain.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the response guys,
Mitshubishi has shot itself, too bad it had potential till it got partnered up with HM, the sedans still got a lot of life left in them though. i still see a lot of lancers and cedia in Bangalore and a lot of them have real decent mods on them as well(will post pics wen i get them) so anyway owning a lancer is my dream n something i don't think i will give up on, its a choice i made and i can live with it.Besides this is only going to be my personal fun car, dad already has a duster so this car is going to be all mine for mods and stuff..

-incarnation: well said bro, i think i will wait out for better offers.

please guys help me out here, telme what are the things i should look out for when buying a used car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom