Buying New Skoda Rapid, Should I Wait Due To Volkswagen Emission Scandal?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

My Brother recently booked Skoda Rapid 1.5 Tdi. With ongoing volkswagen emission scandal, should he wait for sometime before taking the delivery of the car or there should nothing that he have to worried. [frustration]
What things should he keep in mind while taking the delivery of the car.

Note: Mods Please move it to the appropriate thread if not relevant here

Last edited:
Re: Buying New Skoda Rapid, Should wait due to Volkswagen Emission Scandal

If your brother is absolutely concerned about vehicle recall, he should wait till Oct-end, when ARAI is expected to deliver its report. Then, it must also include Skoda vehicles. So it may be a long wait to clear any certification related hurdles.
This is also a good time for him to re-evaluate his decision. What is that Skoda Rapid giving him really that other cars arent ? There used to be a big "premium" on German-ness. That premium (atleast in the Indian mind) will surely have shattered post the emission scandal. What remains is only a well built, fast sedan, that can seat 4 in comfort. The Fiat Linea is even better built, faster in T-Jet avatar and free from emission related issues. And it is way superior on ride/handling than the Skoda.
In fact, by plonking 2 lacs more, I would say that a S-Cross 1.6 is also a good buy, albeit with compromised luggage space.

Top Bottom