My First Car: Maruti Swift LXi or Hyundai Grand i10 Magna?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Your Budget: 5.5 lakhs

> New or Used: New Car in oct or max nov

> Your Location: Gurgaon

> Top Five Priorities: Low maintenance , reliable , last me 5-7 years, safety, Comfort on bad road

> Monthly Running: approx 500-600 kms

> Type of Fuel:petrol

> For What Purpose: city commute mostly

> Seating Capacity: 1-2

Getting swift lxi plus for 5 lakh on road. grand i10 initial quote is 5.15 onr as hyundai takes handling charge too . 20k i need for music system n seat cover etc.

however what grand has more in feature is worth extra 15 k like Tachometer, foglamp, wheel cover, rear power window, day night interior mirror , Blue ilumination inside to impress ppl , rear ac vent. however in swift also with 15k extra i can install all the above even cheaper except tachon rear vent. Can a tacho be installed later in Swift easily ? car i drive smootly and no redlining but tacho i feel is useful stuff.

Swift has cheaper part n service i heard. any idea how much more is it compared to maruti ?

Also right now hyundai has offer of 40k exchange bonus plus other discounts that i factored in price above. any idea how i can get those 40k discount also without selling a car to them ? dad has car but we cant sell it. if i get like even half of the exchange bonus grand will be well worth it.

Well between these two i would say go for Grand i10 especially seeing that you are going with Petrol. More modern and better looking. On another note why don't you try the NEW Figo and Bolt.

If you can stretch few thousands more you can get grand i10 asta variant, fully loaded with safety features.Just brought it for a friend with on road price of 5.7L here in Ahmedabad.There are discounts going on and now more with diwali festive season coming ahead expect to get few more deals ahead.Bargain hard and you would get a good deal.

If you can stretch few thousands more you can get grand i10 asta variant, fully loaded with safety features.Just brought it for a friend with on road price of 5.7L here in Ahmedabad.There are discounts going on and now more with diwali festive season coming ahead expect to get few more deals ahead.Bargain hard and you would get a good deal.
[surprise]

i bought Sportz trim in Mumbai for 6.3L end of February 2015. Asta was for ~7L that time. how come such huge price difference between Mumbai & Ahmd ?

Thread Starter #5
Well between these two i would say go for Grand i10 especially seeing that you are going with Petrol. More modern and better looking. On another note why don't you try the NEW Figo and Bolt.
can you explain modern how ? is it cos of more features ? the grand though is due for upgrade while swift was updated last year mid only. i dont want a tata car as it looks like modified indica and figo i dint really like the car. heard so many people sayig build quality not that good. even on aspire i test rode doors were like banging hard and loud and sounded like a used up taxi on both cars i saw.

how did you get grand i10 asta full loaded for 5.7 on road ! Grandi10 asta with air bag and abs is 5.88 ex showroom. only insurance and 10k cash discount avail. add 30k for registration and it is well over 6 lakhs !
if i did wish to stretch budget i feel the entry level i20 is better if i can manage 15-20k discount on it which i might get. Amazing looks , space in i20 !

btw is there anything i can do to get that 40k exchange bonus that hyundai giving ? i dont have a car currently and my dad will keep his for a year more.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Ok so i was in the same dilemma 2 months back.

I didn't take a td of swift petrol because i don't like the car.

Now about grand i10. I was getting 35k cash discounts plus 35k exchange bonus for my 2009 i10. With these i got them to add one gear lock plus essential kit for free.

Since you don't have any car to replace you won't get that exchange bonus.

Handling charges - i sent a message to ford on twitter about these charges being illegal and pasted an article from economics time stating the same. Got a call within 5 minutes and the person said the handling charges will not be charged. I did this with ford and not with hyundai since i booked the new figo(diesel). You can try the same thing.

Now the things that i didnt like about the grand i10.

* brake bite - it is sudden and you will have to get habitual.
* ac trips if you accelerate hard.

Good things.
P
* liked the engine and the interiors.

But after the recent crash test i just cancelled geand i10. ( search google , i"m on my phone can't paste links)

So now another car in which i was confused.

Toyota liva.
The on road price for G variant was 5.7 lakhs with 20k discounts. So 5.5 lakhs. You get 2 airbags but no music player but thye provide 4 speakers.

Things that liked
Powerful AC
Nice brakes
Awesome driveability. Just amazing. You have to drive the car and see it for yourself.
Less maintenence. Cheapest among the cars you shortlisted.

Dislikes
Odd interiors
Pathetic panel quality but it scored 4 stars out of 5 in crash test.

So i will say take a td of every car.
I took a td of polo , grand i10 , liva , figo.

puneet848
My choice would be Grand i10. It is more practical with better driver visibility and more boot space. The only irritating aspect I find in Grand i10 is lack of DTE and FE readout.

@Puneet:
For your budget I'd suggest you stretch by 25-30k and go for Grand i10 Sportz. It is a more VFM choice as compared to Swift LXi or Grand i10 Magna.

Now the Sportz variant costs 6.04 lac OTR Gurgaon and if you get 25k discount (I guess its 25k) then you can have the Sportz variant for 5.75-5.8 lac at max.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@Puneet:
For your budget I'd suggest you stretch by 25-30k and go for Grand i10 Sportz. It is a more VFM choice as compared to Swift LXi or Grand i10 Magna.

Now the Sportz variant costs 6.04 lac OTR Gurgaon and if you get 25k discount (I guess its 25k) then you can have the Sportz variant for 5.75-5.8 lac at max.
No it isn't 6.04. It will be around 5.75 with 35k cash duscounts so 5.40 lakhs plus he can get rid of 7k handling plus lesser inusrance premium.

Ehh.. Me foolish!!

I saw the price of Asta :stupid:

In fact Orion Hyundai to blame for providing such a congested price list of their cars :biggrin:

@Puneet:
Then you can easily go for Sports variant or even Asta if you stretch a bit.

Yesterday watched SVP @ NDTV Auto replying to similar question, " If you want a sportier ride , acceleration then Swift it is !! If you travel with passengers most of the time and features is your priority then grand i10 should be !! It looks like a small car but bigger inside when driven "[:)]

Thread Starter #12
I thought the brakes starting early in test ride meant car has good brakes [lol] yes driving i could see bonnet while in swift i guess i cant. i dont need bootspace but yeah rear roof felt higher in grand than swift so more head space in grand. anyone confirm it?

@all - I feel no point buying grand sportz as it only has Music , auto mirror and reverse parking useful feature that i can anyway install in magna for cheaper except mirror. if i had more money id get the Asta optional kit with abs and airbags but that is like 5.87 ex showroom. hyundai only has insurance free and 10k cash discount. even if i manage to get handling charges removed it will still be over 6 lakhs !!

@TSIvipul - im also in gurgaon as i went to orion hyundai.

puneet848
My choice would be Grand i10. It is more practical with better driver visibility and more boot space. The only irritating aspect I find in Grand i10 is lack of DTE and FE readout.
yes true the milage and kms left is quite useful but id rather get a tacho that swift lxi doesnt give.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Just 10k cash discounts ? Dude you will get atleast 40k cash discounts. I went to another delaer when the first dealer offered me 25k cash discounts.

The second dealer initially offered me just 5k cash discount and i told them the first dealer is giving me 30k cash discounts. He made a "3" before the 5 and made it 35k.he didn't even flinched. That's how easy it was. Don't go for 10k cash discount. your money your decision.

Edit : just called my uncle who booked the figo for me. He said the same thing. The insurance and 10k discount is from the company and not the dealer. Like i said he confirmed 40k cash discounts from dealer. So 50k cash discount plus insurance is a hell of a deal.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
I'm just scared service and parts for hyundai should be similar to swift atleast. cant afford expensive repairs in my under 30k salary [embarass]

Grand i10 has around 50 to 70k discount if you bargain hard. Recently my cousin booked grand i10 sportz at 5.45 lacs in Ahmedabad where on road price is 6.15 lac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom