Planning To Buy a Used Honda Civic

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys am a newbie here and am planning to buy a civic. I stay in Bangalore and am a student. I was planning to buy a civic preferably 08 vmt but can live with any other as am not too specific about the exact model. My main question is what will be the cost of buying a fairly good condition civic in Bangalore with clear papers and I need some light thrown upon maintainance.

Thread Starter #3
Honda Civic Pre Owned

Hi

Might be a slight wrong thread but I hope i can get some help from experts

I am looking out for a used Civic.

I have recently pinned down one which has 57K on her Odo, the car is Dec10 model ,she is A/T . The dealer has asked 4.8L for the same .I guess the facelifted one. The car looks good , but as i am new bee , i have no idea what surprising might come to me related to maintenance cost of the car . I am still to take a test drive of this , but i was wondering if i should go for Civic or Honda City (Maintenance is the main issue ) so if someone can let me know how much civic eats up on pocket with an assumed 57K authentic KM.

And as on date, will it be advisable to buy a civic since they are discontinued.

I have no problems with GC, adding on i am civic lover. FE, I will be driving 25 km a day . So might not end so much on pocket . Please advice.

I have a lot to ask. If someone replies it would be very helpful. Thank You

I tried asking things before too. But got no response. So already not expecting but still. Hopes High !

Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Civic Lover but in dilemma

25km a day. Civic AT! iIn city, you'll get around 9-10 km/l(with mild traffic!! and heavy traffic will decrease it further!) and in highways, with sane driving, you can get 13-14. Moreover, Maintenance will be tad higher than City so you are looking at the ballpark of 6-8k for regular service(@ HASS) and lower at FNGs.

So, if you are ready for somewhat expensive spares, and service cost, you can buy it.

Re: Honda Civic Pre Owned

Hi ... Might be a slight wrong thread but ... I hope i can get some help from experts
I am looking out for a used Civic .
I have recently pinned down one which has 57K on her Odo, the car is Dec10 model ,she is A/T . The dealer has asked 4.8L for the same .I guess the facelifted one . The car looks good , but as i am new bee , i have no idea what surprising might come to me related to maintenance cost of the car . I am still to take a test drive of this , but i was wondering if i should go for Civic or Honda City ... (Maintenance is the main issue ) so if someone can let me know how much civic eats up on pocket with an assumed 57K authentic KM .
And as on date , will it be advisable to buy a civic since they are discontinued ...
I have no problems with GC ,adding on i am civic lover . FE ... I will be driving 25 km a day . So might not end so much on pocket . Please advice ...
I have a lot to ask .... If someone replies it would be very helpful . Thank You
I tried asking things before too ... But got no response ... So already not expecting but still .... Hopes High !
Thank You
I can't say anything about the price but I have seen people get used Civics (2010 Manuals) for 3-3.5 Lacs in Delhi. About the car, it is discontinued and note that the spare parts will be expensive. Underbody hits and running board damages are common in Civic due to the low GC, rusting around the boot lid is also an issue, check out for that. And engine mount failure in the Civic is also a known issue, which costs 10k from HASS (approx.). Moreover, your 60k km service would be approaching (in that Civic) which will also cost you a bit more on the maintenance front. A V AT would be better than S AT.

Honda City (3rd Gen) will come at much lesser price for a newer model. It will do 70% of what the Civic does and would be cheaper to maintain, and have a better FE. So personally I would advice you to go for the City 3rd Gen. A Civic might seem tempting for the price but the City will promise a bit better resale value, a better FE (Civic AT gives 7-8 kmpl) and lower maintenance costs.

Ohhh Thanks a lot for replying Ice_Wise

I have a budget of 4.5 L and this civic looks like a good buy, 25-30 Km here is without much of a traffic, less but a bit of upslopes in way. Roads are fine so not worried about GC of Civic. The primary concern is, what would she take to be maintained with me. Will i be loosing a lot on maintenance with just 30 km of driving a day. Assuming the worst scenario's, does civics fail a lot when compared to City or any other pre-owned car ? (I mean w.r.t parts ,shocks,brakes. And all)

Primary concern is the same. The drive ,the feel, the civic is all Heart's satisfaction. Since i have no experience of old CARS . I wish to know is it worth maintaining.

Is civic today , a pre owned of 2010(dec) V A/T, will be able to keep a pride and smile on my face ? Or will i be searching for corners to hide my real troubles.

These questions have arisen because of mixed reviews of people i have seen here. So that's getting my nerves high !

Thank You

Ohhh Thanks a lot for replying Ice_Wise

I have a budget of 4.5 L and this civic looks like a good buy ... 25-30 Km here is without much of a traffic ... less but a bit of upslopes in way . Roads are fine so not worried about GC of Civic . The primary concern is, what would she take to be maintained with me .... Will i be loosing a lot on maintenance with just 30km of driving a day ... Assuming the worst scenario's, does civics fail a lot when compared to City or any other pre-owned car ? (I mean w.r.t parts ,shocks,brakes.... And all )
Primary concern is the same ... The drive ,the feel, the civic is all Heart's satisfaction. Since i have no experience of old CARS . I wish to know is it worth maintaining .... Is civic today , a pre owned of 2010(dec) V A/T, will be able to keep a pride and smile on my face ? Or will i be searching for corners to hide my real troubles .
These questions have arisen coz of mixed reviews of people i have seen here ... So thats getting my nerves high !
Thank You
The Civic is definitely not a car which will give you constant niggles. But you have to spend on regular basic maintenance and the spare part costs will be high. It was a 12 Lac car originally and the spare parts will be priced accordingly, even if the car's value has depreciated over the years.

The condition according to you is top notch and if it is mechanically alright, then you will have a satisfying ownership. Still to be on a safer side, I recommend you to go for a manual Honda City 3rd Gen. Let the suggestions of other members roll in.

Re: *Pre-worshipped* Honda Civic V Automatic - "CeeVee"

^^ As I said, if your commute is mostly in city, forget about Civic. Low end is not good and without having any pete's box kind of mod, driving it in city is just not pleasant like, say, City! Maintenance is indeed on higher side. Because you are moving to next segment. I'd suggest to look at City instead of Civic. For better space, ride, and ease of use in city. But if you heart says so, go get Civic and get 1st level mod done to improve lower band.

Top Bottom