Buying a New Sedan: Ciaz vs City vs Vento

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
hi Friends

I am looking for a new sedan .it would be replacement of 2006 Fiesta .my priorities would be mileage,low Maintenance,Comfort,VFM.I am not really concerned about brand value .I would have this car for atleast 5 years .

The second option would be used vento /Verna Fluidic which are couple of years old .I know the maintenance in Vento would be higher

I have test Driven CIAZ ZDI+ hybrid variant i think this was the top end model with leather seats,push start button .I liked the Space and roominess of the car ,coming to drivability it was smooth in making quick turns .felt a little bit turbo lag .A/C felt to be little weak took time to cool down interior temperature or it might be due to the car standing in hot sun .The sales Rep was pretty slow and didnt really explain the features .i have to ask him for each and everything from my end .planning to go for second test drive at a different location

I got quote for RS 10,84,360 on VDI+ variant .

-No Corporate Discounts(As the car is new in market )
-will provide accessories of 5000

friends please provide your feedback and help me grabbing the right machine .[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ciaz is a good VFM car and should be low on maintainence. City has got the best backseat of the lot on the other hand has less features for the cost it demands. Again its a Honda so problems whatsover. Verna has the best diesel engine of the three. Its fast , refined and loads of features. I suggest you test drive City and Verna back to back so that you could compare with Ciaz. Except Honda City all others will have some discounts running now .Would like to hear from your TD experience.

You can test drive Verna 4s. It has lots of improvement over steering feedback and suspension set up compared to previous generations. It has best power compared to other sedans(vento/rapid/city/ciaz).
All the best.[:)]

Vento without a doubt if you are looking one for these three, little less on Fuel Efficiency but far better ride quality, build quality, handling. If you can compromise on bit in after sales service of Volkswagen, i think Vento will e a great choice

please dont take this as an advice. i was also in a similar dilemma. let me share my findings.
Verna: build quality isnt that good. moreover, i guess the all new verna expected sometime in 2016.
city: diesel engine is not refined. i agree the petrol is very good. but the overall quality is not good. especially the interiors. its looks cheap. i think they are taking the customers for granted.
vento: in one word, its classy. (although the dash looks a little date). i was almost sold to this. just when i was scratching my head, this vm scam came out and i booked creta. ( i know its confined to diesel in us only. but huge dent on reputation. how can we trust them. also consider this. they have to pay a huge fine now. service might deteriorate further.).
ciaz: i have no idea. i didnt check this out. it looks very good from outside though. i am not sure of quality.

Has to be the Honda City!
None of the engines come close to the Ivtec, its a dream to drive. Interior space and comfort best in class. The interiors with the blue dials and the piano black finish looks the most classy in the lot. Anyone who sees the interior says it looks really premium and spacious. Whether its city driving or highway or ghats or pot hole roads the car is very sturdy. The best is when you go over a bump and everyone else slows down and the city just breezes over the bumps. Trust me i have been on some really bad pot hole filled mud roads, when me and my wife were lost, thanks to google maps and the best compliment was from my wife that its an off-roading vehicle [clap]. With all this, the mileage that you get is outstanding. Honda after sales service is very good and very professional. We have a 2012 ivtec and a 2015 ivtec and we have done lots of long drives in both the cars and only one thing comes to mind that I can't get enough for driving the City.

Dear Friend my two cents on all three cars. Adding Verna to the list, as personally I did not like vento.

From your requirement you seem to be inclined towards diesel.

If diesel --
1. Verna is better to drive. Little bit costly to maintain
2. Ciaz with the latest hybrid tech, you need to wait and watch for the outcome.
3. City, don't even look for city diesel, though the mileage is better, the diesel clatter, the build quality and niggles cropping up will not keep you happy.

If petrol --
1. City Manual (read I have a city cvt vx), good car but overall the quality has gone down too much.
2. Ciaz petrol is a better bet. Had a test drive only but found it better than the niggles of city.
3. Verna good silent car of the lot but low on mileage.

Net, if it's a diesel go for Verna or Ciaz
If it's a petrol, it's tough to say, but a test drive would help you get a car that suits you.

If you have a good service center nearby your town for FIAT, and if and only if you like FIAT cars(read linea as you want a sedan) after a good test drive, then go for Linea.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Try to find a ciaz without the new hybrid system. You will get some good discounts on that. A member was getting normal ciaz top variant for 40k extra than the ciaz vdi hybrid.

Haven't driven one but i like the looks and the discounts will make it more vfm.

Between honda city and the verna i will select the verna. 3rd gen honda city was the best and the current one is just downgraded in terms of quality.

As per the autocar report the city wasn't that comfortable to drive in the city but the verna was because of the softer suspension. But the new one has improved a lot and there's no boat like feeling in the new car plus the better steerimg feedback.

You will get disocunts on the verna too.

So ciaz if you can get without the hybrid system or else the verna.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions

Today I have booked Verna 4s 1.6 so got a discount of 45000 and exchange my old CAR and received 50000 exchange bonus .hope everything goes easy from here .
You made the right decision. Did you book CRDI or VTVT ?
Hope you enjoy the power of verna.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions

Today I have booked Verna 4s 1.6 so got a discount of 45000 and exchange my old CAR and received 50000 exchange bonus .hope everything goes easy from here .
Congrats.. [clap] Verna was not there in your original list, so can you share with us what made you to go for Verna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom