Confused: Used or NEW / Sedan or SUV

Thread Starter #1
Dear TAI friends,

I have had a very bad accident 2 months ago. I was on bed rest for a month with 3 damaged ribs and serious bruises around my legs and arm. I can walk fine now but have some pain in the rib area which my Ortho says will go away in a month or so.

[/IMG]

Its a total loss and I could fetch only Rs.20,000 from Kabaadi. I guess I am lucky to be alive.

Anyways, I am looking for a vehicle now. My friends feels I should go for used one to regain confidence and all but I know I am confident enough to drive.

My friends also feels that I should buy a new vehicle after a year or so. If I go that way then I would love to have a Civic for a year or two. I always wanted to drive a Civic but the lower ground clearance never gave me enough confidence to go for it. Now I want to do it.

I have seen a few Civics in Surat and the price for a well maintained Civic are around Rs.3,00,000 to Rs.4,00,000.

Owner of a 2009 White civic, ODO reading of 55,000 with a few scratches but well maintained is asking for Rs.4,00,000 whilst a 2007 Silver AT with 67,000 on ODO is asking for Rs.3,25,000.

Is it worth going for a used one even if I am going to use it for only a year or two?

If NO, I may have to go for a NEW one as my dad and my boss suggested.

Options:

Hyundai Creta 1.4 CRDi S+ ( Rs.13,25,000 )
Duster RXL 85 PS with mods ( + Rs.80,000 to the original Rs.11,80,000 ( Minus 1.5 L discount )

Some more details:

- Family of 3. Parents and my siblings would join from time to time.
- Daily usage of 30 km max for weekdays and 60 km max on weekends.

What do you recommend?

Thank you.

Thread Starter #2
Mods, can you please remove one pic as they are same.

Also today I saw a 2010 Honda City, white color with 72,000 on ODO. The guy who is selling is a known person to me.

Front bumper was changed and there are minor scratches I may ignore since we both drive in city and can understand such minor damage. Engine was super smooth and silent and the guy is asking for Rs.4,50,000.

Is it a fair deal?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddy, I second your pals. A used car would be better than buying a new one immediately. Regaining the reflexes and confidence is much needed after a major mishap. I would suggest, begin afresh. A used Honda City is a good option to go for otherwise look for cars like Honda Accord, Ford Fiesta.

Regards

Akash

bhvm

Honoured Member
I would suggest going for a budget new vehicle for complete peace of mind. something like zest top end or even a hatchback with airbags and abs would be good.

my reasons-
full. warranty support
zero dep Insurance can be done.
usually more reliable
easy to drive.

other than that, if your drives involves long distance highway use a lot, look out for SUV as they're safer (top end models with max airbags and so ) and would provide better control/ergonomics)

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the response guys.

I have the following options:

1) Honda City I-vtec V 2012 with 35,500 on ODO. Its a single owner vehicle. Farmer's son shifted to USA so he is exchanging this vehicle with a new CR-V. Asking price is Rs.5,50,000. Its a pristine car with clean service history with Honda guys.

2) Duster RxL with Rs.2,00,000 discount.

I dont understand why Duster is giving such heavy discounts? Any idea?

Thanks guys

I would suggest going for a budget new vehicle for complete peace of mind. something like zest top end or even a hatchback with airbags and abs would be good.

my reasons-
full. warranty support
zero dep Insurance can be done.
usually more reliable
easy to drive.

other than that, if your drives involves long distance highway use a lot, look out for SUV as they're safer (top end models with max airbags and so ) and would provide better control/ergonomics)
I did check new Storme but my family is saying NO for a Tata now. ;)

bhvm

Honoured Member

1) Honda City I-vtec V 2012 with 35,500 on ODO. Its a single owner vehicle. Farmer's son shifted to USA so he is exchanging this vehicle with a new CR-V. Asking price is Rs.5,50,000. Its a pristine car with clean service history with Honda guys.

Thanks guys
1. The city option looks good.

2. Duster was overpriced in the first place, and now its feeling heat from Creta and TUV 300.

Thanks guys

I did check new Storme but my family is saying NO for a Tata now. ;)
Go for City. It is a good deal. Also its 2012 model. I think it should already be in extended warranty period till 2016 and you can go for any time warranty after that till 2019.. It will give you a fuss free ownership and above all a brilliant ride.

Duster sales had a slight hit after the ecosport launch and it took a big hit after the creata's launch. Renault is planning to clear off the current stocks and launch an upgraded version of Duster..

P.S... How did the accident happen?? Thank god you are safe and I wish you recover soon...

Top Bottom