I am looking to buy my first diesel car. I am in confused state as I have to fulfill a lot of parameters to come up with the right car for me.
My buying period can be anywhere from Diwali to new year’s time. Or sooner if I am able to make up my mind. Background
I have been driving petrol cars since I can remember. For last few years, it has been petrol+cng. Driving in Delhi traffic is no joke, and constant reminder from temperature needle while slugging along in bumper to bumper traffic brings my heart to mouth.
My average running of appx 2000-2200 km per month doesnt help either. Being a sales professional, I have to travel on (& face) all kinds of road surfaces and undulations.
I have driven a few cars- Maruti 800, Esteem, i10, santro, city, indica(very briefly), swift. Out of these, I have extensively used swift & city on Cng. From my experience, the cng is not good on engines over a long period, having driven almost 2 Lakh km on cng(both cars combined).
Few things I dislike about cng:
1. Having to wait in line for your turn to fill cng at station. Although the number of cng stations have increased in delhi-ncr region, I always hate to wait in line when I am in a hurry. It's frustrating to say the least.
2. Limited range. Although it is sufficient most of the times, it is always nagging to have to visit the cng station every day.
3. Minimal to No space for luggage in outstation visits.
4. Personal Experience- Many times faced car overheating issues while in bumper to bumper traffic. Probably due to my ageing car.
So, current situation:
I have decided to go for a diesel car, due to my high monthly running and above factors.
My minimum requirements are:
1. Great fuel efficiency
2. Low maintenance cost
3. Go anywhere attitude, with decent ground clearance
4. Cheap spare parts
5. At least serve 5 years with little headaches
6. Decent resale value
My constrains are:
1. Budget: Max 5 Lakhs
2. Fuel: Diesel
3. Type: New (Do not want to buy used and then beat my head for constant repairs
4. Preference to latest launch models
Please suggest the best possible options available to me. Template filled below:
> Your Budget: 5 Lakh
> New or Used: New
> Your Location: New Delhi, India
> Top Five Priorities: Fuel efficiency, Low Maintenance, good resale, safety, reliability
> Monthly Running: 2,000 – 2200 Kms
> Type of Fuel: Diesel
> For What Purpose: Regular Use
> Seating Capacity: 4- 5 Adults
> Type of Segment: Hatch