Please Help: Good To Buy Vento 2015 TDi Manual?

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,
I liked vento 2015 tdi manual after test drive. Simply amazing car. Sorry liked the interiors as well. Now
1) I want to keep the car for 7 yrs atleast: is vento good in long term.
2) does the clutch become hard over period?: I do get lower back pain occasionally
3) maintenance costs ?
4) any discounts currently or upcoming?

Yes Vento is an amazing car no doubt.
1.All German cars have rigidity and solidness so if maintained well you can keep it! Built to last .
2.Clutch has a long travel not that hard .But yes once clutch plate gets old (after 60-70k kms depends on ur driving style) It will become hard.
3.Skoda and VW cars have a reputation of high maintenance costs over the years.But They have localised majority of spares so won't be that high.Refer your nearest dealer for the same.There are many happy owners in this forum too !!
4.Not sure about discounts on your state.Refer a Dealer .

Since you have mentioned backpain , I suggest you take a long test drive in a peak hour where you need to use the clutch a lot and then decide .

Thanks,
Sarath.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Hi Sarah,
Great idea "test drive in peak traffic".
I will do it. Just in case the dealer rejects, I will drop buying VV.
Let's see e. Will update the forum.
Regards

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I don't think dealer will care about where you drive. I took a td of polo petrol and in delhi peak traffic it did got tiring for me atleast.

You should also check the rapid. Rapid has more features at lesser price.
My friend has a skoda fabia petrol and you won't believe but the clutch and gear shifts were smoother than my verna. I too was surprised. So i guess the clutch could be smooth with less travel in the rapid as well.

Hi friends,
I liked vento 2015 tdi manual after test drive. Simply amazing car. Sorry liked the interiors as well. Now
2) does the clutch become hard over period?: I do get lower back pain occasionally
3) maintenance costs ?
I have Vento's sibling Rapid. Both are almost same with just visual difference.

The 1.5 TDi engine impress when driven 1st time around. It's a great engine no doubt, but felt that this new 1.5 engine lacks the punch of earlier 1.6. I have 1.6 TDi & took a TD of 1.5 when it was launched. But you won't feel much difference.

Now coming to you're quaries,

1. Long Term Reliability - I think if you maintain the car & service it regularly, it will hold well for 7 years. There are various German cars like Jetta, Laura, Octavia still on roads. So that shouldn't be a problem.

2. Clutch is neither soft nor hard, but you will feel the vibrations when using it. In heavy traffic you might feel the pain, I have felt it in Bangalore's horrible traffic.

3. Service costs range about 8.5k -10k for every 15k kms/1 year whichever is early. You should check the service cost calculator on Skoda Website, and that should be similar for Vento as well.

My advice-Get the Vento as it has better looks than Rapid and better A.S.S too.We have one but its 2012 one with 1.6 TDI one and did 80,000 Kms and still happy with it but we intend to sell it as we met with an accident recently and front portion got damaged.And,BTW,ours is a used one bought in 2013 when it was just 13000 Km old and did 68000 Kms in 2.5 years.

Hi friends,
3) maintenance costs ?
1. Vento is a reliable car. But VW spares are expensive in general. Regular service costs are fairly reasonable though.
2. Clutch condition largely dependent on your driving style. I had vento for almost 80,000 kms and it was in good shape.
3. Regular service is reasonable. 8000-10000rs every 15000 kms. But 75000kms service costed me almost 30000rs, reason being two bearings replaced costing 17000+ labour.
4. It just got facelifted, don't expect big discounts on the new model. I think rapid will give you more discounts and it is also priced less and Skoda offers maintenance packages on some of its models.

Thread Starter #8
Hi Friends,
Thanks a lot for all your help.
I test drove Vento 1.6 MT Petrol in traffic.
Clutch is lighter than TDI, but long play makes it a bit boring in traffic.
tdi clutch is havier, hence I think TDI MT will not be good for me.
@Sarath : Special thanks for your idea.
Then I test drove Polo GT TSI Auto DSG... Wow.
I think I will go ahead with Vendot 1.2 TSI DSG.
Let see..
Praying God to give me strength to book the car tomorrow and make the car buy, exchange and time thereafter safe and happy.
Thanks friends, you all have been wonderful.
Thanks automotiveindia.com, keep going..
Regards.

Happy that you have decided your car [clap].Save some thanks Brother,still a long way to go!!Vento TSI and Polo TDI are the powerful cars among the competition .Every other cars in respective segments gets to compare with these two only !!So go ahead and Get the Keys fast [;)]Let me be the first to congratulate you !![:)]

Thread Starter #10
Hi Friends,
Booked the Vento TSI 1.2 today. wait begins.. and loan formalities to be completed.
Delivery tentative is end Sept ot mid oct as the colour I want is not available.
BUT.. The difference in the behaviour of the SA after deal finalising is a bit of concern .Yes, we were late and it was 8pm. But not the Maruti / Hyundai warmth abd friendliness was felt after receiving 50K.
Is this with all Volkswagen delearships?
Will keep all updated.
Regards

Hi Friends,
Booked the Vento TSI 1.2 today. wait begins.. and loan formalities to be completed.
Delivery tentative is end Sept ot mid oct as the colour I want is not available.
BUT.. The difference in the behaviour of the SA after deal finalising is a bit of concern .Yes, we were late and it was 8pm. But not the Maruti / Hyundai warmth abd friendliness was felt after receiving 50K.
Is this with all Volkswagen delearships?
Will keep all updated.
Regards
Wonderful Friend !! Happy waiting!! What was the color you wanted? Every dealership has that mentality not only VW especially in evening as they will be hurrying to wrap up the day !! Can't blame them either .

Thread Starter #13
Sad news... I cancelled my Vento TSI booking. Good news : got the refund back without any fuss. Reason : The VV dealer was unable to give date of delivery. Lied on 2-3 occasions that Car is in transit, then said car will be delivered only after 20-Oct.. So Dasara delivery was also not possible. I was okay for delivery till 3rd Nov. But their lying to customer pissed me off. And I kept very higher ups in VV in loop in the email. Got their emails from internet, from marketing events, interviews published on internet andmaking firstname.lastname@ etc.. Also kept the language of email to legal, so that VV and delear could be taken in court incase they oppose refund. Mentioned "your delays are affecting my health and also denying me interest earnings and opportunity loss for investing the money somewhere else for higher returns. Anything goes wrong with me and delear, VV India and VV Deutschland will be responsible. " I think a bit securely high handed approach of my worked. BOTTOMLINE I LEARNED "NEVER BELIEVE INDIAN BUSINESS PEOPLE. THEY WANT YOUR MONEY AND WILL JUST IGNORE YOU ONCE THEY GET IT". Now no plans to buy a car and if at all I buy it, either Maruti/Hyundai/Honda and that too from the dealer who has better reputation on various forums., the better reliable of the lot.

Last edited:

Top Bottom