My budget is around 8 lakhs.
I currently own a Tata Indica Vista Petrol (One with FIAT Safire Engine).
This one is probably the worst car on Indian roads in terms of Performance (65BHP engine with some 1100 kg weight).
Following are my requirements:
1. Best Power to Weight or Torque to Weight Ratio. Should be fast and easy to overtake slow moving vehicles.
2. Excellent drivability
3. Best steering feedback
4. Powerful AC
5. Excellent brakes
6. Good boot space
7. Basic safety features (1/2 Airbags, ABS
8. Better fit and finish than a TATA Vista car (Probably almost all other cars qualify)
9. NVH - No Vibrations (I am all-right with engine Noise and Harshness)
I really don't care about
1. High tech features like Touch screen displays or navigation.
2. Fuel economy as my running will not be more than 500 kms a month.
3. Other niceties like Start stop button, Automatic folding mirrors, music system quality, Automatic Climate control etc.
All I need is a powerful car.
I am open to both Petrol and Diesel fuel types.
Am also open to Hatchback or Sedan (SUV is out of question with my budget).
I prefer new car but I am okay if I get a fast used car.
I have test driven:
1. Switft Petrol (VXI)
2. Swift Diesel (LDI)
3. Grand i10 Petrol (Sportz)
4. Toyota Etios (1.5 L Petrol)
I felt Etios the best to drive among these but the quality of materials in the car is really basic (Similar to my Vista).
I also liked the sheer surge of the Swift Diesel but boot space is not good.
Any other models (Or Used cars?)