Best Petrol Hatchback: Honda Jazz SV or Hyundai Elite i20 Sports

Thread Starter #1
> Your Budget: 7-7.5 lacs on road

> New or Used: Brand new

> Your Location: Agra

> Top Five Priorities: Comfort, Mileage, Safety and Interiors.

> Monthly Running: < 1000km

> Type of Fuel: Petrol

> For What Purpose: Highway 80%, City 20%

> Seating Capacity: 5

> Type of Segment: Hatchback

> Choices: Honda Jazz SV and Hyundai elite i20 Sports model petrol.

Last edited:
If its petrol, Honda Jazz SV will be good, which would also gives more mileage, fun to drive and offers loads of space too. Moreover it offers 2 Airbags and ABS too. IMO, its very valued product for your money and very practical too. And Honda is known for reliability in Long Run.

Honda Jazz eyes closed. I don't know how many people comment by saying i20 is better then Jazz , but the fact is they'll get to know how good Jazz is only when they own one or have a Honda & a Hyundai with them.
My case is similar as well, I have a Honda (Brio) & a Hyundai (Elite i20). Although both are from different segment, the Brio feels very good for me. The only area where the i20 impresses is Features, Mileage (Because its Diesel) rest of the other things, the Brio impresses.

Now coming back to Jazz vs i20, this has been a debate ever since the Jazz was launched. But it's very simple to differentiate these 2.

So, if you are looking at a car that offers Features, Looks Good, Has good looking Interiors & Has more After Sales Service centres, then its i20. But, if you want a car that has Good Looks, Good Interiors, Good Feature List, Very Good Petrol & Diesel Engines, Very Good Performance, Excellent Space & Practicality, Comfortable seats, Good Ride & Handling, Very Good Fuel Economy, only the Jazz satisfies these needs at a slight premium over i20.

The Jazz is a very good car & is my pick of the segment.

Thread Starter #6
Jazz SV has 12V power output or not?
Would I able to make flat seats in SV model?

Jazz SV has 12V power output or not?
Would I able to make flat seats in SV model?
Yes, SV has a 12V power socket.

Flat seats are only possible on VX as they come with Magic Seats. You'll have a slight raised portion when folded in SV, same is the case with i20.

Honda Jazz without a doubt, Better Drive ability, better dynamics, better mileage if you want features go for Elite i20. Plus you get all basic safety requirements in SV itself, haven't included looks as criteria as looks are subjective to one's taste.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Honda Jazz without a doubt, Better Drive ability, better dynamics, better mileage if you want features go for Elite i20. Plus you get all basic safety requirements in SV itself, haven't included looks as criteria as looks are subjective to one's taste.
According to me it is one of the most modern car in the world. I really liked the more for humans, less for machine design that make it looks like ordinary hatch from outside but so spacious inside. But I wish it has as comfortable seats as in Honda City.

Since your main usage is highways , i too will recommend the jazz. For city use it'd be the opposite.
I can well understand this one.

Nearly all the Honda i-vtecs' have a poor low end torque; maybe because of shorter stroke. On the other hand it's the 1.2 Kappa vtvt of i20 that has got a tall stroke and hence has a better low end and lower mid range drivability, in fact that's the part of the powerband where every car spends most of its lifetime.

Thread Starter #13
I can well understand this one.

Nearly all the Honda i-vtecs' have a poor low end torque; maybe because of shorter stroke. On the other hand it's the 1.2 Kappa vtvt of i20 that has got a tall stroke and hence has a better low end and lower mid range drivability, in fact that's the part of the powerband where every car spends most of its lifetime.
So you mean to say petrol Jazz is bad car for city driving?

^^Naa, I mean to say that i20 is a better car for city driving; in fact for whole driving experience until your tacho needle is below 4000.

No matter what one has to say but the fact that i-vtec engines are all about their manic top end is undeniable. Have you anywhere, ever read anyone writing that i-vtec has fantastic drivability? Or i-vtec has a brilliant low end torque?

Well i have driven the old jazz along side the i20, the i20 gave really poor mileage and the driveability was not on par with Jazz. So not sure if things haven't changed in new I20 last i have heard no change in the engines or tuning.

Top Bottom