This is my first post here so apologies in advance for any mistakes. I am about to buy a new vehicle and the road conditions in and around my village area (Shimla and surroundings) are such that it has to be a 4x4. My vehicle usage will be 50% city (roads ok), 35% rural (roads quite bad) and 15% where there are no roads
. Also for approx 01 month every year the vehicle will be used to carry heavy loads. I plan to keep the vehicle for approx 15-20 years minimum. Also 50% of the times, my better half and parents will be travelling with me so has to be at least little comfortable (AC/ heater must for winters). I have zeroed down on 02 vehicles (Thar and Gurkha) and few of my queries are thus:
1) Taking into account the load carrying, do you think gurkha will be better than Thar because of the tubular chassis?
2) Taking into account bad roads where I will be frequenting, which vehicle would you suggest for better ride comfort?
3) Taking into account the time period I intend to keep the vehicle (15-20 years), do you think tubular chassis and Merc based engine of Gurkha will outlast Thar?
4) I personally am more inclined towards the Thar because of the CRDe and better interiors (facelift), but the Tubular chassis and DIY engine (I am not sure about this) of gurkha compels me to look towards it
5) How much is the load carrying capacity of Thar?? Will this load carrying affect the chassis badly? Will Gurkha fare better then Thar here?
6) If I go for Thar, can I attach a trailer to it for load carrying? If yes what is the max weight the vehicle can bear?
7) Any other vehicle under 10 lakhs that you think will cater to my needs?? PS: Just attaching some picks to give you an idea why I have to go for a 4x4. The pictures are of a state highway!!
MODS: Sorry if I have posted at wrong place. Please move it to correct forum.