Maruti Alto 800 LXi or Hyundai Eon Era+ or Renault Kwid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends,

Now I have planning to buy a small car within the budget of 4Lakhs during Sep / Oct of this year. I have seen lot of forums and discussion to finalize the car. Finally I have 2 cars in my list to finalize. There are,

1. Maruthi Suzuki Alto 800 Lxi - Rs. 3.6 Lakhs (On road Price in Coimbatore)
2. Hyundai Eon Era + - Rs. 4.1 Lakhs (On road Price in CBE)

Now I have confused to select which car would be my best first car in my life? Your replies and suggestions are most welcome.

Is it worth to put extra 50K to buy the car Eon Era+?

Regards,

P. Anandkumar,
Coimbatore

Re: Alto 800 Lxi or Hyundai Eon Era+ ?

My vote goes for Hyundai Eon, it has a decent interior, modern design and a premium feel compared to Alto 800. Alto looks outdated, even though the product have been facelifted and tweaked many times.
If rear space is more important then the alto 800 have an edge above Eon.
Whereas Eon is cramped in rear and is strictly suitable for 2.
Do test drive both the car.

Last edited:
Re: Alto 800 Lxi or Hyundai Eon Era+ ?

I have a 2013 Eon DLite+ and till now I am happy with the purchase and its driving ability both in city and on highway.

The interiors of Eon is far far better than the tin can Alto.

Also according to me Alto has a lower height and too cramped both in front and back in comparison to Eon. I am 5`11 and a bit on the heavier side so I feel Eon is easier for me to get in and comfortably sit inside.

Still you can test drive both of them and finalize according to your requirement. Good Luck.

Re: Maruti Alto 800 LXi or Hyundai Eon Era+?

Dear Friends,

Now I have planning to buy a small car within the budget of 4Lakhs during Sep / Oct of this year. I have seen lot of forums and discussion to finalize the car. Finally I have 2 cars in my list to finalize. There are,

1. Maruthi Suzuki Alto 800 Lxi - Rs. 3.6 Lakhs (On road Price in Coimbatore)
2. Hyundai Eon Era + - Rs. 4.1 Lakhs (On road Price in CBE)

Now I have confused to select which car would be my best first car in my life? Your replies and suggestions are most welcome.

Is it worth to put extra 50K to buy the car Eon Era+?

Regards,

P. Anandkumar,
Coimbatore
Hi!

As these are pretty old models, I would suggest you to TD the KWID when it is launched later this month, which as rumored will be available in 3-4L range.

i will suggest you to buy EON, i already have one back in my home that one is sportz, it has the best interiors among it's segment, fun to drive, i will definitely give mileage of 16-18 on average based on your usage. Its fun to drive and easy to maintain.

Thread Starter #9
Dear friends, Is there any difference between Eon and ALTO 800 apart from Interior and exterior design. I know interior and exterior are best in class in Eon, so that only it costs 40k more. I want to know any other differences in mileage, maintanance and other problems. I know service is more better in ALTO.

Suggestions are most welcome. I am too much confused between these 2 cars, which one I have to select. Once I select the car, I should not feel.

Hi!

As these are pretty old models, I would suggest you to TD the KWID when it is launched later this month, which as rumored will be available in 3-4L range.
Thanks friend. I am also eagerly waiting for Kwid release. But I got news that basic two models are don't have AC and power steering. These cars only within the limit of 3-4 lacs. On par with Eon Era+ model will cost more than 4.25l on road.

Is it correct? Correct me if I am wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

As you are going to buy by this or next month, you can include Renault Kwid in your list. Test drive all the cars and choose one...

Thread Starter #12
Why are you not trying nano.At that price top variant AMT may be in your reach.
Thanks friend,

Actually I don't like nano design and I hate this car also.

As you are going to buy by this or next month, you can include Renault Kwid in your list. Test drive all the cars and choose one...
Thanks friend,

I am eagerly waiting for kwid also. But I think it will not come to my budget bracket. Moreover I don't know how the service and maintanance will be done by Renault.

Let us wait for another one week for kwid release.

i will suggest you to buy EON, i already have one back in my home that one is sportz, it has the best interiors among it's segment, fun to drive, i will definitely give mileage of 16-18 on average based on your usage. Its fun to drive and easy to maintain.
Thanks friend,

Any problem you are facing in your Eon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #13
Alto 800 vs Hyundai Eon vs Renault Kwid?

Dear Friends,

Now I have planning to buy a small car within the budget of 4Lakhs during June of this year. I have seen lot of forums and discussion to finalize the car. Finally I have 23cars in my list to finalize. There are,

1. Maruthi Suzuki Alto 800 Lxi
2. Hyundai Eon Era +
3. Renault kwid

Regards,

P. Anandkumar,
Coimbatore

Re: Alto 800 vs Hyundai Eon vs Renault Kwid?

From the list to be finalized you haven't specified the things you are looking in a car like,
- number of people travelling most of time
- type of road/terrain the car will be used [city, highway, town, villages]
- features you are looking for
- kms runs a month
- budget finally.

and one more the height and physic of people travelling with you.

These are the factor will decide the car you should buy as a smart buyer.

Re: Alto 800 vs Hyundai Eon vs Renault Kwid?

Renault kwid looks fresh and the price is also better than the two. All 3 hosts 800 cc engine and the power figures are more or less the same. So the better option among the three would be Renault kwid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom