Sedan with AVN and AT Under Rs.15 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I've a budget of max upto 15Lac and after long research I couldn't find any SEDAN which has both AT & AVN and falls under 15 Lac. Well, there's an exception - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ (but don't like it).

The other closest is Honda City VX which has AT (but no AVN) and their newer VX(o), which has AVN (but NO AT - Which is very weird marketing).

I've 2 Questions:
1. Is there any model (Sedan Only) which I'm missing that has AT+AVN<15L
2. What are disadvantage of installing AVN post delivery (though from dealer itself) but is not factory fitted (besides that you're wasting the money paid for original installation and paying extra for another music system having AVN)?

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: AVN and AT Sedan under 15 lac

Hi,

I've a budget of max upto 15Lac and after long research I couldn't find any SEDAN which has both AT & AVN and falls under 15 Lac.
2. What are disadvantage of installing AVN post delivery (though from dealer itself) but is not factory fitted (besides that you're wasting the money paid for original installation and paying extra for another music system having AVN)?
Deepak hi, the second most feasible option after OEM AVN is that you can get it fixed from OEM Dealer as accessory. There is no problem with getting an accessory fixed by showroom at time of purchase. Also, you'll be provided with adequate warranty over the fitment from the dealer and you can be sure of the workmanship of the same.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Hi,

I've a budget of max upto 15Lac and after long research I couldn't find any SEDAN which has both AT & AVN and falls under 15 Lac. Well, there's an exception - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ (but don't like it).

The other closest is Honda City VX which has AT (but no AVN) and their newer VX(o), which has AVN (but NO AT - Which is very weird marketing).

I've 2 Questions:
1. Is there any model (Sedan Only) which I'm missing that has AT+AVN<15L
Trust me- the novelty of the Nav part of the AVN wears off within a few days. 95% of the time, if you drive within the city or to known destinations, you will never be using the Nav system. Only in case you make the odd trip to an unknown destination will you really use it (if at all). My suggestion is to focus on the best A/T car in that category. It is the A/T that will really serve your transportation needs. Other things are completely optional.
I suggest you go for the Honda City and upgrade the tyres to 195mm rubber.

Thread Starter #6
And AVN is not just about navigation. Besides it, AVN also supports touchscreen, better pairing of phone, Video Playback capability which VX 5" doesn't have. BTW, The VX(o) version is 6.2" and dealer mentioned that AVN accessory costs ~45K and is not the same as VX(o). But is 7.2" and will ensure that my steering controls are properly working. Is there a way to ensure that the accessory is Honda accredited or the fact it is from dealer is trustworthy enough?

Well I believe Zest has Navigation from Phone, Audio navigations, phone pairing, SMS read out feature.

And has a Diesel AMT. But yeah it is not in the same segment. A segment lower. I guess

Thread Starter #8
I've been in Zest. It has Harman system which has plethora of features. Just speak "Dial XYZ" where XYZ is a contact in phone and it will dial. But it doesn't have navigation. Bolt has that but its even a segment lower.

I've been in Zest. It has Harman system which has plethora of features. Just speak "Dial XYZ" where XYZ is a contact in phone and it will dial. But it doesn't have navigation. Bolt has that but its even a segment lower.
I believe the latest Zest post Feb 2015 have the navigation fix put it and these Zest you can have navigation managed from your paired phone as well. will check and let you know.

Also check this page on Zest which mentions that XTA model has Navigation from Smartphone (Andriod ones), Audio guided Navigation, Video playback and also AMT. The variant is XTA. With such a lot of features its the on heck of a car.

http://zest.tatamotors.com/car-variant.php
http://zest.tatamotors.com/guide-navigation.pdf

Last edited:

Top Bottom