Hyundai Grand i10 vs Toyota Etios Liva

Thread Starter #1
hii friends...
I m planning to buy my car soon. After long search i have come to select between grand i10 or etios liva (petrol).
Both car impressed me much compared to others. I m im confusion which one should i go for since this will be my first car. My budget is between 5.50 to 6.50 lac.

Thread Starter #3
Re: grand i10 or etios liva

thank you krishnavmashi24, but the safty is liva offering grand i10 does not, but the grand i10 is the full bocket of features.

If you want Features & Looks (Interiors & Exteriors) go for Grand i10.
If you're looking at Space, Comfort, Better Ride, Cheap Maintenance & Service Bills, Drivability, Efficiency go for Liva.
It's as simple as that. The things I have mentioned above are what those respective cars are best at.

Just wait for Figo!!! In a couple of months you will have an excellent VFM hatch. If we go by Aspire launch, I hope Titanium Petrol can be easily bought with much lesser price than it's competitors.

Note : I just realized this is the first time, I suggest a person a non-Hyundai car, when a hyundai car is considered by the user. Damn you Ford!!!

Thread Starter #6

yes nishant ji, grand i10 asta (o) offering ABS n airbeg too with other latest features. But liva is pease of mind as i came to know, low maintenance cost, fun to drive and comfort are things, for liva is known. That's why its quite confusing to select.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I too made a similar thread some weeks back in choosing between the 2 cars you mentioned [:D] but for the time being i postponed the decision of purchase.

I will summarise what i found when i TD both the cars.

Ac is more effective in the liva. For some reason the grand i10 ac tripped when i accelerated fast. Maybe to give more power to the engine ?

Both cars have smooth gear shifts and clutch.

Space is extra in the liva both at the front and at the rear.

Less discounts on liva (15k) compared to grand i10 25k exchange discounts plus 35k cash discounts.

The interior is better in the grand i10 , if you are ok with the central position of the speedometer , liva's interior quality is not that bad.

Extra features in grand i10 but airbags are standard in the liva.

Brakes were better in the liva.

Odd positioning of speakers in the liva , all 4 speakers at the front.

Build quality is better in the grand i10. Liva has thin metal shèet.

Maintenance will be lesser in liva compared to grand i10 since everybody say toyota has less maintenance :p

Just take a TD of both the cars and you decide what makes you happy.

For looks, features and style - go for hyundai
For reliability, ease of maintenance and build quality - go for toyota

If I had to put my 6.5 lac then it had to be Grand i10, I just love the way this mini hatch looks. Only for the way it looks, Liva rides and handles really better; none is enthusiastic though.

Rest it has to be Liva if we consider overall riding comfort, space, suspension, peace of mind, reliability, durability and ease of maintenance. And yes, the Toyota A.S.S. is just so good that they won't ever leave a stone unturned to keep you happy.

I have my own story to share; read on and tell me if Hyundai can provide such a service:

My Innova and Corolla both were sent to Toyota A.S.S. by me around 3 pm for a major service of both the vehicles with a note that whatever found wrong can be replaced without a second thought (because I do make long outstation trips and full night trips in my cars and hence everything working well is my top priority, no matter how much I have to spend). Soon I was informed that despite of 1 lac+ kms, the Corolla is faultless and the discs, pads etc were to be replaced on my request and same for Innova along with a major service for both replacing all the filters, brake pads, discs etc and what not.

The cars were supposed to be returned by next morning by 11-11:30 am and I had planned to leave for Indore same day. Now came the twist and I was informed that I will have to leave by same night itself. Enquired my partner of his Scorpio and the car was out of station and finally lent his Fluence for the trip.

Still, I thought of giving it a try if I can get my Innova (I can't rely more on anything else for my full night outstation trips, such a fantastic workhorse it is) back and called the service adviser at Toyota around 5 pm. This is how our conversation went on:

Me: hello buddy, how are you and how much work is remaining?

He: Sir Innova is still parked and we will start working on it in half hour once our bay is free.

Me: there is grinding noise in brakes and I need to leave for a long journey by tonight 10 pm.

He: okay sir, how can I help?

Me: can you give it to me today? Just change the pads and disc and give me the car by 6 pm.

He: sir it will take us at least 2-3 hours because work is really more and I can't hand over you the vehicle until we are satisfied that everything is working fine.

Me: yaar do some jugad for tonight, change the oil, filters etc and its fine. I have to drive hardly 1500 kms in three days.

He: sir that's a long distance, I am right now getting guys to work on your car and will try best to do it as soon as possible. Wait half hour and I will call you back.

Me: hey no need, it will take time. I will take an another car maybe.

He: I am calling you in 10 minutes. CUT...

I was really boiling in anger that how he dared to cut the call without listening to me.

After 5-6 minutes my phone rang...

Me: no need, I will take the car by tomorrow.

He: sir it will take us 2-3 hours Max and your car will be ready. I have sent it for washing now. You please come and fill the bill we have estimated and we will work on it.

Me: [surprise] but this is the time the center closes.

He: Sir I will call you once the car is ready. I and my two boys are stopping to work on it. You just come and make the payments for service and parts. I have talked to manager and guys and any up or down in the bill will be adjusted in Corolla.

Me: you mean you will work overtime?

He: please come soon, the office will close else and we won't be able to work.

Quickly I reached A.S.S. and made all the payments. Met all the guys and was surprised to see that a guy was enthusiastically busy with my Innova with a spanner and some tools.

9:15 pm, my phone rang again..

SA: sir your car is ready and please come to receive it because guard won't let us take it out for testing or delivering.

Me: coming.

I quickly rushed to the A.S.S., tested the car and found everything well. I had slight complains but was just head over heels for the work these guys have performed by working late just to get me my car because I requested them for same. I offered them some money and dropping them home. They calmly denied both of my offers pointing towards their motorcycles, still I paid them something just for the service they gave to me.

Can you expect such a gesture from Hyundai A.S.S. or MS A.S.S. where the guys are always in a hurry to complete all the cars and leave for home?

It's not for no reason these Toyota guys have made me and my father their loyalists and fans.

I read a similar (in fact 10 times in magnitude) instance on Team-BHP, where the Toyota A.S.S. guys visited a customer in late hours around 80 kms away just to replace a battery of the car. The person also had to say that "we provided them coffee and snacks and whole family was just head over heels for their gesture and the service they provided'.

Overall, I'd say that buy the Toyota if one wants to experience an ownership like kings and don't have 30+ lac for a car.

All in all, I will buy a Grand i10 if I have to spend 6 lac because I love the car but if I have to spend 10 lac then it will be a Toyota only.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10

ofcourse as i heard Toyota has good ASS. And cheap maintanance as well. Both car has thier own pros and cons. Now m leaning towards liva. But m worried. I don't want to regret after purchase.

ofcourse as i heard Toyota has good ASS. And cheap maintanance as well. Both car has thier own pros and cons. Now m leaning towards liva. But m worried. I don't want to regret after purchase.
Sirji if the wow factor is on the top of your priority chart then maybe you will regret buying a Liva.
Liva misses the high quality interior, rear AC vents, right hand side placed console and of course the looks of the Grand.
Where is scores? Well its space, drivability(note: slow speed steering is easier in Grand because of lighter steering), reliability, A.S.S.(I have owned a Hyundai car in past and I can't believe that H can match the finesse of T) and reliability. And yes; Liva has got better dynamics as well as safety if airbags as standard.

Now you check what your exact priorities are. It's a battle if head vs heart; your heart (even mine too) will always say Grand i10 while the head will me more biased towards your priorities.

Thread Starter #12
my priority are as below
1. Comfert
2. Good ASS
3. low maintanance
4. Ride to fun
5. Features
6. Godd milage too
7.boot space
8.less than 6.50 lac

Thread Starter #13
should i need to think out of my box, like VW POLO, or ford etc..., which full fill my priorities.

please inform me allhyundaicars, at the last which car you go for..., since m in still confusion between grand i10 and liva v.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Don't get more confused. Just decide between these 2.

Anyways are you looking for grand i10 asta (o) ? This is 5.87 lakhs ex showroom and toyota liva v cost 5.67 lakhs ex showroom.

If you go for the top model having abs and airbags go for the granf i10. Don't think more.

My only reasons not to go for the grand i10 will be lack of airbags( i was thinking grand i10 sports and liva g model) and we already have 3 hyundai cars.

For you grand i10 will be good as your first car. Go to a hyundai showroom and ask for a TD and after that ask for discounts. Like i mentioned before i was getting 35k cash discounts with mats, mud flaps and a gear lock. Bargain hard. And do update.

^^+1
If one can go for Asta(O) then no need to look elsewhere. The Grand has so much to offer in this guise that Liva V starts looking Spartan in front of it. Also Grand i10 in this variant provides everything one can ask for at the price.

Top Bottom