How To Satisfy My Craving For Jeeps?

Thread Starter #1
hello friends, this is my first attempt to start a new thread here. so forgive me if i am make some mistakes.i have searched this space but not found any thread related to my queries, so starting a new thread. just to give you a small feed back, i own verna fluidic and duster alongwith a bullet. but now the jeep craving is sufacing. i have always admired the looks of classics and thars but now it has become a fixcation for me. i am not able to decide whether i should go for new thar di or crde ( but the cost is coming around 7 to 9 lacs ). another option is to go for a second hand thar with should be in the budget of around 4 to 7 lacs or another option is to go for rebulit disposal jeep which should cost between 2 to 4.5 lacs. now every option has its pro and cons so i am in a diliema about which option to choose. as for as i am concerned i like thar but with hardtop only. basically my jeep will be used for style and not really for offroading. so please guide me which option will suit me best? please guide about maintenance costs and resale value also. thanks

For buying a second hand thar you could buy a new one itself as the price will be more as most of the thar owners would have modified a little to their taste so my suggestion is buy a New Thar Crde 4x4 and enjoy each and every miles in it.

If budget is a constrain then buy a second hand MM540 or the classic whichever suits your taste.

Look out at used market and see whats available there, many modified worked jeeps are on sale and you could find one decent well maintained thar at your budget price.
Also there are many workshops who work on building up your own jeep, but can go costly and sometimes doesnt work right with all the combinations unless you know the person working as well as suppliers of parts purchased.
A used thar, mm540 or classic if you can get in good maintained condition can fulfill your requirements and you can modify it as well by your choice given your budget.

hello friends, this is my first attempt to start a new thread here. so forgive me if i am make some mistakes.i have searched this space but not found any thread related to my queries, so starting a new thread. just to give you a small feed back, i own verna fluidic and duster alongwith a bullet. but now the jeep craving is sufacing. i have always admired the looks of classics and thars but now it has become a fixcation for me. i am not able to decide whether i should go for new thar di or crde ( but the cost is coming around 7 to 9 lacs ). another option is to go for a second hand thar with should be in the budget of around 4 to 7 lacs or another option is to go for rebulit disposal jeep which should cost between 2 to 4.5 lacs. now every option has its pro and cons so i am in a diliema about which option to choose. as for as i am concerned i like thar but with hardtop only. basically my jeep will be used for style and not really for offroading. so please guide me which option will suit me best? please guide about maintenance costs and resale value also. thanks
A slightly different suggestion- you may not appreciate it. Invest the money somewhere instead of spending on a depreciating product. You can utilise that money when you need to replace either Verna or Duster. At a practical level, it appears this car will be just a garage queen in your house. Your duster will be able to do 99% of the roads that you would have expected theJeep to do- other than hard core offroading, which you anyway dont want to do. And Duster will do it more reliably and comfortably.

Rajneesh, was in the same boat, and still am, I would suggest have a look at the Dabwali Jeeps they should not be far from your place (all show and no 4x4), I nearly finalised and bought one last year, but dropped the purchase for sometime.

all the best, for your hunt

vinod

Haha, every big garage in Haryana is incomplete without an open top Jeep. I guess its called 'landi Jeep' by locals. :biggrin:
I can bet that Haryana has the largest number of Thars too and its not difficult to find one. Heck, I haven seen Thar being used as a family vehicle in any other part of country. Have you?
Sirji since you want only show and no go then why go for Thar? Such Jeeps are bought for only friend circle trips etc and you can buy one from any reputed open Jeep maker for hardly 2-3 lac and get whatever you wish to get in it.

Well If i were in you're position and going by your way i writing i simply would go and buy a THAR irrespective of the price point. Because after i buy that i know i will be HAPPY which is the only thing that matters. And after some time if you want to sell you should get a buyer willing to pay a decent amount as well considering there are a lot of enthusiasts in your area.

Thread Starter #8
thanks all for your suggestions, i really appreciate it. but the point is if i buy new thar then i have to spend huge money and what if i don't like it then i will have to sell it for a big dent as market is very dull for costly jeeps. at the same time i don't want to go for dabhwali jeeps as they lack style and substance. what i want is a hardtop wrangler look alike jeep with all modern day technologies and it should be realiable which i think dabhwali jeeps are not. if anybody can suggest a good thar crde going for around 5 lacs then i would be thankful to you.

Top Bottom